Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

It's highly unlikely he will ever play for the Vols again. We don't need him and/or his attitude. Our receiver corps will be just fine without him

Reactions: 4 people
I say bring him back! Not because he has made some great plays for us. But because he is so young! We all deserve 2nd sometimes 3rd chances! We have REAL Coaches now. For these kids it is much more than football it is an opportunity to change direction. If it was tuff for us to endure this season and me personally at 59 with a lot of coping skills imagine these teenagers who ran bled and played. We could turn the channel or walk out of the stadium. They were trapped on the field watching their dreams blowup right in front of themselves. With the coaching and play calling they didn't stand a chance. Hopefully Coach Pruitt and I imagine he will. Let him have another shot!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure either, but star WRs don't just get run because of a personality conflict with an interim coach. Something was going on. I wonder if he's even going to be eligible.

Basically what I was thinking about the whole situation. I don't beleive he was kicked off because of the facebook/twitter rant, but that rant was more as a reaction to being booted.

I think Jennings deserves another chance.

He’s very passionate about the Vols and let’s be real...

Who wouldn’t be frustrated having a coach like Butch that can’t develop talent nor put them in the best position to win?

Everyone makes mistakes.
you don't even know what his mistake was and you certainly don't know if he deserves another chance. Would he "deserve" another chance if he wasn't a great player? More to this whole situation than a rant. I trust CJP to know the situation better and be able to take the appropriate action..... If any

Reactions: 4 people
Brady Hoke should have never had the authority to kick anyone off the team. I know Pruitt is pretty strict, I really hope he let's him back on.. Jennings was wrong for what he did, but he is human, and he wasn't lying.

Hoke had every right to kick him off the team and did the right thing.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not so sure it was a apology or a sobering up and saying O crap I blew a multiply million dollar ticket to the NFL. Up to the team in my book

Reactions: 2 people
Jennings did a ton more than on the video. It's not just a matter of apologizing for being stupid and posting that. If I was a teammate it'd be super tough to accept him back when he pretty much gave up on the team. For someone so talented and should be a leader, that shows a bunch of immaturity and lack of character. There are countless players on teams across the nation who may not agree with the coach, but they don't quit and make a social media rant blasting the staff/university with all that profanity. It's up to the team imo, but as someone who played a ton of sports throughout school, I would never want that kind of guy next to me. And as someone who saw Boom Williams go through a similar issue (minus the rant/injury issue), even if a player is great on the field, being a cancer in the locker room probably means they don't belong. But again, it's up to the people in charge.
Let's say that's true. Then what the hell was he doing on the practice field?

you don't even know what his mistake was and you certainly don't know if he deserves another chance. Would he "deserve" another chance if he wasn't a great player? More to this whole situation than a rant. I trust CJP to know the situation better and be able to take the appropriate action..... If any

Ok wise guy.

I didn’t say Jennings wasn’t wrong for what he did but he’s not the only one to blame in this mess.

As I recall, there was plenty of moments when Butch threw his own players under the bus. Who was wrong in that situation?

If you put your heart & soul into this program with nothing to show for it except your team being the laughing stock of college football, how would that make you feel?

Do I support Pruitt’s decision regardless if he lets him come back or not? Absolutely.

It’s not Jenning’s fault for having piss poor coaching ever since he stepped foot on campus.

I'm not sure either, but star WRs don't just get run because of a personality conflict with an interim coach. Something was going on. I wonder if he's even going to be eligible.

It's easy for a fan base...outside looking in, to want to give him another chance. My guess, much more to the story than we know.

I say bring him back! Not because he has made some great plays for us. But because he is so young! We all deserve 2nd sometimes 3rd chances! We have REAL Coaches now. For these kids it is much more than football it is an opportunity to change direction. If it was tuff for us to endure this season and me personally at 59 with a lot of coping skills imagine these teenagers who ran bled and played. We could turn the channel or walk out of the stadium. They were trapped on the field watching their dreams blowup right in front of themselves. With the coaching and play calling they didn't stand a chance. Hopefully Coach Pruitt and I imagine he will. Let him have another shot!
Would you be saying this if he was a walk on and rarely played, after all the trouble he had been linked to?? I doubt it

Reactions: 3 people
Bring him back. Kicked off for speaking the truth about that pitiful coaching staff

Obviously just my opinion, but there were many problems with Butch's teams, some we are aware of, and some we aren't. I think its best to start with as clean a slate as possible. There was an issue with JJ. I'm good if Pruitt says thanks, but no thanks.

Brady Hoke should have never had the authority to kick anyone off the team. I know Pruitt is pretty strict, I really hope he let's him back on.. Jennings was wrong for what he did, but he is human, and he wasn't lying.

What was his TRUTH? Video was a scene in a Quentin Tarantino movie.

As many have said, there is more to it than most realize. I had a once in a lifetime chance to go to the 2016 Mizzou game (the 100 point shootout, 63-37 score I believe, if you remember). I invited a friend to sit with me but he scored front row 45 yard line tickets from a client.

We sat right behind the qbs and wide receivers benches.

It was there that I lost all respect for Jennings, and frankly, Azzani.

As we were ahead, basically in control in a game with no defense, Jennings wasn't being targeted, and had little production. He threw an absolute fit, like a child who didn't get his way, directed at Azzani. His profanity laden tirade, face to face with Azzani, while his team was winning handily, displayed his selfishness and immaturity very clearly. Azzani chose to coddle him instead of telling him to man up, support his team, and keep playing hard.

I know many will say they like the fire he plays with and that players want to make plays, but this, and several other instances, proved to me he is all about himself.

If this incident, being kicked off the team, allows him to truly mature and earn his spot, and the respect of his teammates in the off-season, I think that would be a great learning experience for him. I see nothing from his consistently immature behavior that would indicate he is capable of that. However, if he could do it, I think all sides would benefit. Pruitt and Fulmer would be showing a great deal of patience if they gave him another shot. Not sure if that sends the right message initially but Jennings would have the off-season to right his wrongs, if given the chance.

Reactions: 5 people
Honestly we'd be right back in the same situation if Pruitt brought him back. The video is just the straw that broke the camels back.

Ok wise guy.

I didn’t say Jennings wasn’t wrong for what he did but he’s not the only one to blame in this mess.

As I recall, there was plenty of moments when Butch threw his own players under the bus. Who was wrong in that situation?

If you put your heart & soul into this program with nothing to show for it except your team being the laughing stock of college football, how would that make you feel?

Do I support Pruitt’s decision regardless if he lets him come back or not? Absolutely.

It’s not Jenning’s fault for having piss poor coaching ever since he stepped foot on campus.

Dear Scooter, you didn't read my post. You don't know what he was kicked off for and you are assuming it's because he showed his ass on social media. You say he deserves another chance without having a clue about the situation at all. You didn't say you supported CJP decision, you said Jennings deserved another chance.

Dear Scooter, you didn't read my post. You don't know what he was kicked off for and you are assuming it's because he showed his ass on social media. You say he deserves another chance without having a clue about the situation at all. You didn't say you supported CJP decision, you said Jennings deserved another chance.

So if Pruitt gave Jennings another chance, would you still support his decision?

And personally, I think he deserves another chance but it’s not my decision though.

I’m not the HC.

If he hadn't caught the Hail Mary, if he hadn't caught the passes in the Florida game, if he was a player on the team that never did anything spectacular would you all be complaining?

I know he embarrassed the old coaches and UT, but he's got heart and wants to make amends. IMHO he deserves another chance.

Like most of us said a few weeks back, the new coach and the (new) AD should have made the final call on this. Coach Gillepsie would be a good resource to use in this situation as well....

If CJP says he's gone, Ill support that...

Wasn’t Hike, it was that idiot Currie with an assist from Hokie pokie.

Nothing will change in the locker room if Pruitt takes cancers like Jennings back. I’d expect JP to move on from guys like this.

Hate on Bama all you want but if they have self centered guys like JJ, they are removed real fast.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back