Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

coffeevol

regular old member
Just wondering with his apology and video saying he would work his way back and do his best to make it right...what are your thoughts volnation on if Pruitt would be open to the idea? We have all screwed up and after his time putting up with Butch he blew a gasket....i say we show mercy...but last I checked they don't have me on speed dial up in the AD.

Reactions: 22 people
Brady Hoke should have never had the authority to kick anyone off the team. I know Pruitt is pretty strict, I really hope he let's him back on.. Jennings was wrong for what he did, but he is human, and he wasn't lying.

Reactions: 85 people
Really hope they give him another shot. From what has come out after BJ got fired, it looks like he was not far off in what he said in the video. Although he handled it the wrong way, he should not be permanently punished for it.

Reactions: 19 people
He should have never been kicked off the team to begin with. Punishment doesn't fit the crime. It's like giving someone the death penalty for putting some graffiti on a bridge. 1 game suspension should have been the maximum punishment. Feel like he was treated so harshly only because Butch's staff (and Currie) had so thoroughly lost control at that point.

Reactions: 30 people
I think he should get the chance to meet with CJP, explain his actions, apologize, and make a commitment to work his way back onto the team.

Whatever happens, I think we should support Pruitt's decision.

Reactions: 61 people
There may be more than meets the eye with JJ's rant. If he cut class since September (as some have speculated), Hoke may have been right.
On the other hand - Pruitt could be a great influence in JJ's life. If you listened to the presser - he requires kids to go to class, introduce themselves to the profs, sit in the front.

By golly, that is right out of the Pat Summit playbook, who had a 100% graduation rate. My sons freshman orientation at UT - the Provost said she always knew a Pat Summit student. If they missed class, Pat knew. This sort of discipline is the kind of thing that is needed up there.

Reactions: 42 people
There may be more than meets the eye with JJ's rant. If he cut class since September (as some have speculated), Hoke may have been right.
On the other hand - Pruitt could be a great influence in JJ's life. If you listened to the presser - he requires kids to go to class, introduce themselves to the profs, sit in the front.

By golly, that is right out of the Pat Summit playbook, who had a 100% graduation rate. My sons freshman orientation at UT - the Provost said she always knew a Pat Summit student. If they missed class, Pat knew. This sort of discipline is the kind of thing that is needed up there.

Straight Country

Reactions: 8 people

That's all good and well, but the climate over there was a direct result of one, Lyle Jones.
The people responsible for his expulsion were fired (Currie and Hoke).
Because he broke the law? No. Because he went on a rant. And that was because he's passionate and could see first hand what dumbass lyle was doing.

Reactions: 6 people
Do we know why he was kicked off to begin with?
I'm not sure either, but star WRs don't just get run because of a personality conflict with an interim coach. Something was going on. I wonder if he's even going to be eligible.

Jennings did a ton more than on the video. It's not just a matter of apologizing for being stupid and posting that. If I was a teammate it'd be super tough to accept him back when he pretty much gave up on the team. For someone so talented and should be a leader, that shows a bunch of immaturity and lack of character. There are countless players on teams across the nation who may not agree with the coach, but they don't quit and make a social media rant blasting the staff/university with all that profanity. It's up to the team imo, but as someone who played a ton of sports throughout school, I would never want that kind of guy next to me. And as someone who saw Boom Williams go through a similar issue (minus the rant/injury issue), even if a player is great on the field, being a cancer in the locker room probably means they don't belong. But again, it's up to the people in charge.

Reactions: 33 people
I've heard he's missed classes like he missed being on the sidelines supporting his teammates. Let's wait to the grades come out and see after finals if he's even academically eligible.

Thought I saw a report that he walked off the practice field prior to posting the video. That’s quitting. And the decision to release him was signed off in the AD’s office?

Regardless, I would support a second chance as I would speculate that he more like to learn from these events if he is given another opportunity versus have it ruin his college/NFL dream.

Reactions: 1 person
Come on man was Jennings burning one down when he wrote that apology. Bring him baxk??? NoNoNo he is a cancer on this team.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he should have been kicked off and was given multiple chances.

He was reportedly found stoned out if his mind prior to the Game Tech game

He abandoned his team after the injury

He went on the bizarre internet rant after not being able to play QB???

Was arrested for drug possession

Was arrested for assault and theft

Lame duck staff or not, I think they were at the end of their rope with him.

It wouldn't be a second chance, more like an 8th chance

Reactions: 31 people
I know he was out of line but I love his passion for UT Football and I really think CJP can make him in to a leader on the offense we need. Who here hasn’t done something stupid in their youth and needed a second chance I would say most of us have needed or deserved a second chance.

I totally agree young men should get second chances when they blow it.

I do think he'd become, and based on his rant, a liability on the team and probably a cancer in the locker room so he had to go.

If he is a prima donna like he came across, making it all about him. And if he's too cool for school, for his team, and all that's been posted above, I doubt the whole team would want him back.

I think Jennings deserves another chance.

He’s very passionate about the Vols and let’s be real...

Who wouldn’t be frustrated having a coach like Butch that can’t develop talent nor put them in the best position to win?

Everyone makes mistakes.

I don’t know if he’s eligible or not. If I was AD or CJP, if he wants to come back to the program, he can be re-admitted to UT as a probationary student on his own dime.

Straight classroom Spring semester while scholarship is evaluated. No contact with team.

Starts Summer Pre-Season as a walk-on on the scout team. Evaluation at prior to 1st game.

If all conditions met, then he can play under the proviso of two strikes...

Reactions: 7 people
well, I'm all in with Coach Pruitt but, if JJ wants to come back, hope coach, at least, would listen to JJ's side of the story, but whatever the coach decides, I'll ride with it, and...

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
It’s not a second chance. More like 5th. When guys can’t get their act together, you have to part ways for the good of the program and hopefully for the good of the player as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Hoke kicked JJ off the team with the full support of the AD (like either of them or not). Players don't get kicked off teams for minor infractions or even one infraction. It takes multiple major issues for a player to get kicked off a team. You gotta work pretty hard to get kicked off the team, especially if you have star talent.

And it doesn't matter if fCBJ was a good coach or not, players still have to follow rules and be a team player.

JJ needs to learn a tough lesson that the world doesn't revolve around him. And the Vols are better without him, regardless if he's a 5star recruit or made one of the greatest plays in Vol history.

You gotta remove the cancer from the locker room. Good riddance, Juan Jennings.

Reactions: 9 people
I think Jennings deserves another chance.

He’s very passionate about the Vols and let’s be real...

Who wouldn’t be frustrated having a coach like Butch that can’t develop talent nor put them in the best position to win?

Everyone makes mistakes.

I wish I got as many second chances as Jennings had.

VN Store

Back