Reason For Tee Martin NOT selected as OC?

Helton have MORE experience than Tee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin's main problem is he was spliting time play calling with Helton. We needed a OC and QB coach so Helton was a priority over Martin and he's had play calling responsibility at a few different places.

We also did Tee a favor made him a full time OC so he can get more experience and his wife like LA.

Reactions: 1 person
Tee wasn't going to be an oc here under a first time, young coach.

And no Helton doesn't call the plays. He didn't call the plays at WKU either, Brohm did. He had some input but he works for Tee.

Here he will actually get to call plays for the first time. Even all the local radio guys have confirmed this.

Great hire but he was just an assistant, not some shadow co-offensive coordinator. Here he gets to run his own offense.

Maybe Fulmer and Peyton didn't want him. Maybe they remember when he ran his mouth and created a ncaa investigation.

Who do you think have a recommendation for Helton from USC that has TN ties?

Helton was passing game coordinator. He designs the scheme and delivers third down passing plays to Tee. Then Tee, or HC Clay Helton in certain situations, calls the play from the set that Clay set out.

Tee wouldn’t be the one taking the criticism were he not the one calling the plays. When they struggled early this year, Tee was the one who was criticized. Had three people been calling plays, then Clay would’ve stepped up.

Know whose responsibility it was to pick the passing plays for each situation in 2013-14 at USC? The passing game coordinator- Tee Martin.

Reactions: 3 people
Tee Martin does not want to come back to Knoxville. Would you make a lateral move from Southern California to Tennessee in winter?

It could be that Tee isn't interested in an OC job anywhere else. His wife's career. He's looking for a HC job only. And, he's really only a part time OC where he is. He doesn't call all the plays.

Reactions: 3 people
Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

NOPE......Pruitt didn't want Tee looking over his shoulder and I understand that....Tee will be the next one after Pruitt....

Why would Tee leave USC for the mess of a offense we have here. He has a roster full of NFL players and probably the number 1 overall draft pick at USC that will help him land a HC job.

When Tee lands a HC Tyson will go back and be his brothers full time OC and we will be doing what UT does and search for new coordinators wver other year.

Last edited:
Maybe Tee really did score an 11 on the Wonderlic, and that he just really isn't that brilliant? He might be likeable, thus able to recruit, but not someone that you would want to entrust your team's game planning and preparation to? I don't know that to be the case, just speculation.

I always liked Tee as a player, but let's face it... Cutcliffe was about to bench Tee several games into the 1998 season because he wasn't picking up/executing the offense to Cutcliffe's satisfaction. Tee was a Junior at that point, so...who knows?

He wasn't hired as HC because Fulmer wanted hard nose defense guy. Tee didn't check that box. He's not about to come here for other than HC...why should he. He can't be coach in waiting for a 42 year old HC. So we had to go in another direction which is also convenient for him now that Tee will be full time OC with vacated space. Maybe tee also helped UT and helped himself if he wasn't coming.

I wish these polls would have a 3rd or 4th option like "i dont know" & "we will know next season"

How about lack of interest on both sides. Why would Tee leave a good situation to make a lateral move to work under a new coach that he has no prior relationship with?

If he had any interest in coming back to UT it was to be the HC. Helton coming here was a promotion.

I'm willing to bet that he has no problem with not getting either job. HC was a longshot at best due to lack of experience, and he's already the OC at one of the highest profile teams in the nation.

Maybe Tee really did score an 11 on the Wonderlic, and that he just really isn't that brilliant? He might be likeable, thus able to recruit, but not someone that you would want to entrust your team's game planning and preparation to? I don't know that to be the case, just speculation.

I always liked Tee as a player, but let's face it... Cutcliffe was about to bench Tee several games into the 1998 season because he wasn't picking up/executing the offense to Cutcliffe's satisfaction. Tee was a Junior at that point, so...who knows?
Throw our national championship qb under the bus while your bammer gump coach fills his staff with other goat loving inbreds. Sickening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people
Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

What about 'cause his wife tells him what to do. :crazy:

if Tee was our OC we could go back to playing 3rd down for what since he doesnt call those plays

Watch to see what Helton does at SC now that his little brother is gone. That should settle this debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back