Staff Update

I hope this staff gives other recruits as good as [if not better] than Mays the same amount of attention.

Do you really think they won't? He was the alpha catch in this recruiting class. If you did not see other posts, they have already made about 9 new offers just since yesterday.

Reactions: 3 people
Probably have to. Mayes has said he wants to go where he can win championships. UT is at least 2 years from contending for the east. Mayes would be here for the rebuild but unless staff can work miracles, mayes won't find what he's looking for in Knoxville. Best forget mayes in orange.

First of all, please try to spell his name correctly. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Probably have to. Mayes has said he wants to go where he can win championships. UT is at least 2 years from contending for the east. Mayes would be here for the rebuild but unless staff can work miracles, mayes won't find what he's looking for in Knoxville. Best forget mayes in orange.

Think I would rather take Dougs Matthews view on the subject.

There are very few better than Mays. He's the #2 OT in the country and #16 overall player. You should watch his tapes.

Not disagreeing however; I watched him in the state game this year and kept my eye on him a lot. he bear handled everyone in his path.

Doesn’t every player want to go win championships. Does anyone ever say, I just want to play, but not win anything.

Reactions: 1 person
Austin Price

"former Georgia and Auburn DL coach Tracy Rocker and Florida DL coach Chris Rumph are both in Knoxville and appear set to be a part of Pruitt’s staff.

Additionally I’m told that Will Friend and Tyson Helton are going to see Cade Mays today. Which will allow Jeremy Pruitt and then home visit with the Mays family likely next week."

Bingo

Callin BS on that one.

Players want to go where they can play IMMEDIATELY.
Players want to go where they get assistance to go high in the Draft.
Players will talk about Championships but could care less....they want to make Jack in the NFL.
Coach Pruitt and his coaches need to share with Mays how many and how high their players have gone in the draft.
I am also sure Fulmer has and will again have sit downs with Dad and son.

Hm.

Players pick schools are not limited to what you just stated and playing in the NFL is only one reason. Most of the guys are not going to be playing in the NFL, if they don't know that - they soon will.

Reactions: 2 people

He committed to Butch Jones and no one thought he was going to win a championship.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't help wondering if Pru ever wears all of his National Championship rings during home visits. Might seem a bit much and prolly not his style, but they must make an impressive sight.

There are very few better than Mays. He's the #2 OT in the country and #16 overall player. You should watch his tapes.

It's hard to believe he's that high. Like Lamleys kid at MBA. The BA kids worked them both.

Hm.

Players pick schools are not limited to what you just stated and playing in the NFL is only one reason. Most of the guys are not going to be playing in the NFL, if they don't know that - they soon will.

Great point. Only 6% of high school athletes play college ball and the % of players that make the pros are even lower. Spot on sir!

I can't help wondering if Pru ever wears all of his National Championship rings during home visits. Might seem a bit much and prolly not his style, but they must make an impressive sight.

hopefully one or two of them :) CPF is going to wear his down if he has to keep going to the podium to talk :)

Hm.

I agree, but I think we can also agree, barring injury or stupidity, Mayes does not fall into the "most of the guys are not going to be playing in the NFL" group.

VN Store

Back