Venzell Boulware and Jauan Jennings

JJ had a few second chances already it seems, but if all parties involved agreed then you give him one more. Let the team vote on both since they are the ones really wronged here - and let then run a few more steps and make other amends if they return

It’s so rare seeing a college kid go off on Twitter and really speak his mind (blue)

Reactions: 1 person
Take Boulware back in a second. Never heard of any issues in the locker room. Just saw him being shoved around the roster with no clear plan. If the other team members forgive him.

Reactions: 4 people
No known racial slur riddled insta grams. Did he ever take it down?

No idea. I was just curious.

It just seems to me that we usually hear the "holier-than-thou" accusations from people on the wrong side of moral arguments, and people asking others to get off their high horse are usually doing so from pretty short horses.

So, I just thought I'd ask. :)

Reactions: 2 people
What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

I remember in an interview once, a reporter asked Fulmer how he kept all those highly-regarded recruits and players happy. His response was along the lines of, "I was always under the impression that their job is to keep me happy."

Yes, there is the Fulmer cup, and it's certainly true that toward the end of his tenure as coach, off-field discipline wasn't something Fulmer's squads were known for. And yet, even then I don't think he tolerated much disrespect within the team for the coaches.

No, I don't think he will ask Jauan back. Only way I could see it happening would be the new coach wanting him, and Fulmer not objecting out of respect for the coach's lead role. Short of that, think we've seen the last of Jennings in orange.

Boulware...no idea.

Last edited:
Jennings needs to come back. So what, he called out the coaching. We have called out the whole damn University and threatened to turn our backs. Like with Herd, no one really knows what was going on. People are always quick to call vocal players, toxic. Jennings is worth 2-3 wins and is the only player on the whole squad who plays like he has a pair

You can call my boss every name in the book and nothing will be said. If I do it on social media though, I'm looking for new employment tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people
You can call my boss every name in the book and nothing will be said. If I do it on social media though, I'm looking for new employment tomorrow.

This. You also have to pick your battles and battlefields. Social media is not a good battlefield.

Tennessee HAS to end this **** about quitting in mid season. Bringing either back after that crap is stupid and a bad example.

Any new coach isn't going to be very impressed with Jennings after seeing his video. You've already seen hes quick to jump ship....I don't need people like that in the program.

What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

slim to none.

believe JJ and VB should be spoken too on the possibility of coming back...of course, there may be stipulations if they were allowed back...we could certainly use them...:):)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

Anyone that has a chance of being anything close talent-wise to washington stallworth pickens wilson meachem peerless kent should get a 2nd or 3rd chance even.

His attitude sucked because they were sucking. He wants to win and be great.

A new coach has a unique, legitimate, one-time-only opportunity to extend a second chance to anyone he believes has learned their lesson and will not repeat a mistake.

BUT... a new coach is also looking for that first opportunity to establish with everyone what he will not tolerate. So forgiveness & grace will be offered up front, but expect judgement to fall swiftly and without mercy thereafter.

VN Store

Back