2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 18 class is no better than the 16 or 17 classes just more of them…and oh ya there freshman (minus a JUCO or two)…Vitello will need to hire an accountant to figure how to divide up scholarship dollars. Nothing screams team building like over recruiting.

The 18 class is no better than the 16 or 17 classes just more of them…and oh ya there freshman (minus a JUCO or two)…Vitello will need to hire an accountant to figure how to divide up scholarship dollars. Nothing screams team building like over recruiting.

The ‘18 class has more top 100 players in it than the other 2 combined. 3 to 2, but yeah the rest is pretty similar.

If you mean this in a negative way, I disagree. If I took it the wrong way, apologies.

Vanderbilt has 23 commits in it's 2018 class after taking 18 in 2017, they already have 18 for 2019 and 12 for 2020, and they're just getting started with that one.

The kids here now get a year to show what they can do, and the ones coming in 2018 know exactly what the deal is.

During CDS tenure we kept a lot of guys around, maybe they helped the team GPA, but they hardly played, I hope those days are over.

If he's doing what he did at TCU and Arkansas, well that's why we hired him. All in!

Brandon Smith commits to Tennessee. Don't know much about him.
Twitter

2019 Grad
3B, 1B, OF, RHP, SS
6' 3" 197 lb
Woodstock, GA

Latest Showcase Report
2017 National Underclass Showcase-Main Event Dec 28, 2017

PG Grade: 9

Brandon Smith is a 2019 3B/RHP/1B with a 6-3 197 lb. frame from Woodstock, GA who attends River Ridge HS. Extra large and athletic frame with present strength and room for more moving forward. Ran a 7.09 second 60 yard dash. Primary third baseman, fluid hands with corner infield actions, moves well to the ball with good arm strength topping out at 88 mph across the diamond. Righthanded pitcher, similar arm strength on mound throwing with effort and intent, short rocker into a leg lift high above the belt, coils over rubber and hands meet leg, unloads powerfully down the mound, full arm action up to a high 3/4 arm slot, works quickly and in attack mode, fastball topped out at 89 mph flashing armside run, can get ball to either side of the plate with ease, mixed in a tight slider with good bite, dominant two innings in game. Switch hitter, wide base with a leg lift trigger, uncoils well into backside contact, lift in the swing with present bat speed, pull side power approach from the right side. From the left side, similar set, present bat speed with strength and the ability to hit for power, legitimate switch hitter with pop off of barrel from both sides. Good student. Named to 2017 National Underclass Showcase-Main Event Top Prospect List.

The football team may also get Trevon Flowers, a one time Kentucky Baseball Commit. He would play both here.

Like Brandon Davis, Trevon Flowers is actually more highly ranked as a baseball player than a football player.

It looks like Davis is going to start school on a baseball scholarship and Flowers on a football scholarship. This is something to watch because of the "Bear Bryant rule".

After this weekend , I am hopeful the CTV is bringing in a lot of these SS, I think 6 to be exact,, to pitch,, throw strikes .. I think Coach Anderson is working with the staff he has right now,,,but we need some pitches with command,, be able to hit their spots on 3-1 counts ,,,3-2 count,,,on command. First pitch strikes, we get buried with too many balls early in the count,,,A lot of this we see is youth this year so far,,,,IMO,,,, he has A Lip and the R Fell Juco/univ of Miami kid. (Who is redshirted this year) I believe we need pitching,,,,pitching ,,,,,and then some more pitching,,,what do you guys think??

After this weekend , I am hopeful the CTV is bringing in a lot of these SS, I think 6 to be exact,, to pitch,, throw strikes .. I think Coach Anderson is working with the staff he has right now,,,but we need some pitches with command,, be able to hit their spots on 3-1 counts ,,,3-2 count,,,on command. First pitch strikes, we get buried with too many balls early in the count,,,A lot of this we see is youth this year so far,,,,IMO,,,, he has A Lip and the R Fell Juco/univ of Miami kid. (Who is redshirted this year) I believe we need pitching,,,,pitching ,,,,,and then some more pitching,,,what do you guys think??

Are you kidding me...I witnessed a Friday night starter and a Sunday starter throw ball after ball....FYI neither one was a Freshman. This nonsense that a group of incoming 2018 freshmen are the future answer of the program is ridiculous. Yes, the program will gain depth but they will be Freshmen. Anderson has talented arms but they need game time experience and reps. Same as the young guys swinging the bat...its about reps and game exposure.

Oh ya, here's a 2nd FYI; we had Sunday's game won TWICE. Both times with an Upperclassman at the plate and the winning run 90 feet away. Can you say "strike 3-inning over".

Yes, pitching wins games. But, if you can't score the best arms in the country can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back