Homestead-Miami Top 6 Pick'Em Contest

gofordrew

Where: Homestead Miami Speedway
Race: Ford 400
When: Sunday, November 19th at 2:30PM ET

Enter your six picks for the top six positions. You must pick TWO drivers from each group of A, B and C. Group C is subject to change. Entries must be posted by the deadline, no exceptions. You may change your picks after entered as long as it is before the deadline.

Tiebreaker: Finishing Position of Dale Earnhardt, Jr

Tiebreaker 2 (Championship 4 only): Number of Caution Lap
s

Group A
2 - Brad Keselowski
4 - Kevin Harvick
11 - Denny Hamlin
18 - Kyle Busch
20 - Matt Kenseth
22 - Joey Logano
24 - Chase Elliott
41 - Kurt Busch
42 - Kyle Larson
48 - Jimmy Johnson
78 - Martin Truex Jr.

Group B
1 - Jamie McMurray
3 - Austin Dillon
5 - Kasey Kahne
6 - Trevor Bayne
14 - Clint Bowyer
17 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr
19 - Daniel Suarez
21 - Ryan Blaney
31 - Ryan Newman
77 - Erik Jones
88 - Dale Earnhardt Jr

Group C
00 - Derrike Cope
7 - Joey Gase
10 - Danica Patrick
13 - Ty Dillon
15 - D.J. Kennington
23 - Corey LaJoie
27 - Paul Menard
32 - Matt DiBenedetto
33 - Jeffrey Earnhardt
34 - Landon Cassill
37 - Chris Buescher
38 - David Ragan
43 - Aric Almirola
47 - A.J. Allmendinger
51 - Kyle Weatherman
66 - David Starr
72 - Cole Whitt
95 - Michael McDowell

I'm getting on a cruise tomorrow and then going to the race next Sunday so getting this out there early. For the championship 4, there are 2 tie breakers to post. Also, group C drivers could change, so I'll try to update it Friday but keep an eye on Jayski.com for the official entry list.

Best finisher of the final 4 is your champion. Good luck to my fellow competitors, glad to finally make one. If you have any questions let me know. I'll try my best to answer when I get back on land Friday.

1. Martin Truex
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Clint Bowyer
4. Erik Jones
5. Paul Menard
6. Aric Almirola

14th

Last edited:
Martin Truex, Jr.
Kevin Harvick
Ryan Blaney
Erik Jones
Aric Almirola
Paul Menard

TB: Earnhardt Jr. -17th

Martin Truex Jr
Kevin Harvick
Ryan Blaney
Jamie McMurray
Aric Almirola
Chris Buescher

18th

40 laps

My pick to win this: Scvol or tbwhhs.
Sorry gofordrew or Nerdvol! Don't think Danica finishes in top 20 or Chris Buescher finishes in top 20.
Will be surprised if they do.
Good luck to all 4! Just wish I was in it. Needed a win or 2 or just a change in 1 driver here or there in my top 5 finishes that might have got me there.
I'll be back in 2018 providing the good Lord sees to it.

Did Nerdvol just win the Championship even though someone else 95Vol won the race? 95Vol had his drivers finish 1, 9, 13, 21, 16, 14 plus got the pole winner. Nerd had the best finish of the final 4 with 1, 4, 29, 21, 18, 20.

Did Nerdvol just win the Championship even though someone else 95Vol won the race? 95Vol had his drivers finish 1, 9, 13, 21, 16, 14 plus got the pole winner. Nerd had the best finish of the final 4 with 1, 4, 29, 21, 18, 20.

I think you may be right. I’ll hold off till I hear from GFD.

I was torn between Blaney and Jamie and made a wrong choice; almost went with AJ over Menard or Almiroma. The difference there was 2 spots or 4 spots,darn!
I had 1, 4, 21, 29, 18,16. Just think if I had Jamie rather than Blaney and AJ versus Almirola or Menard.

Last edited:
I was torn between Blaney and Jamie and made a wrong choice; almost went with AJ over Menard or Almiroma. The difference there was 2 spots or 4 spots,darn!
I had 1, 4, 21, 29, 18,16. Just think if I had Jamie rather than Blaney and AJ versus Almirola or Menard.

Those c group drivers are often just splitting hairs. They are so often in the fracas that it’s the luck of the draw.

One thing I found interesting is that someone could have been really clever and picked Kyle Larson. No stage points were awarded to the championship drivers. Larson put up 54 points to Truex’s 40.

Those c group drivers are often just splitting hairs. They are so often in the fracas that it’s the luck of the draw.

One thing I found interesting is that someone could have been really clever and picked Kyle Larson. No stage points were awarded to the championship drivers. Larson put up 54 points to Truex’s 40.

Not sure who won I’m in the car on the way home from the race, but I took down the 78, 4, 2, and 18 stage finishes to give them the points for it like a normal race. That way all of A group would be on the same page.

Looks like Scvol won the title by 5 points and the race was close: 95Vol edged out gordonr24 and terry! I tied two others for my final top 5! Didn't help me make the final 4 but I can say I'm glad to have that many. Is that a record? Too bad 3 of them couldn't have been wins!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back