TrumPutinGate

you may not like his politics (I don't like many of his positions) but he's an honorable person and no way he participated in any Russian collusion.

I could believe that if he were more forthcoming. This is an educated man. An intelligent man. A man who has held high office his entire life. Yet he doesn't recall anything except that which shows he is not culpable.

First he didn't recall the meeting with George P. Then he did recall it but didn't recall what was said and had no clear recollection of the details of the meeting. But then he remembered that he did want to make it clear that George P was not authorized to represent the campaign with the Russian government. And you buy this? That's very selective memory.

Reactions: 2 people
I watched almost the entire hearing and it's insane to think Sessions is lying about campaign collusion with the Russians.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to let the media watch the whole thing and let them tell you what happened and what to think about it

Reactions: 1 person
The drip, drip, drip of this is to Trumps advantage because it is desensitizing everyone as we go. Trump and his family and closest advisors have repeatedly lied about Russian connections. But as each layer is exposed like this, Trump's supporters just ignore it.

They'll stick by him, no matter what he has done.

Reactions: 3 people
The drip, drip, drip of this is to Trumps advantage because it is desensitizing everyone as we go. Trump and his family and closest advisors have repeatedly lied about Russian connections. But as each layer is exposed like this, Trump's supporters just ignore it.

What's desensitizing is it's the same drips. Nothing new or concrete has come out in months, just repackaged speculation.

hardly. most of us are actually waiting for something/anything to be proven.

hardly. most of us are actually waiting for something/anything to be proven.

Repeated meetings, offers to have meetings, senior campaign staff knew about it and have lied when asked about it initially, only admitting it when they are confronted with the fax. Trump on the plane editing Jr statement about the purpose of the meeting. Shall I go on?

Reactions: 4 people
Repeated meetings, offers to have meetings, senior campaign staff knew about it and have lied when asked about it initially, only admitting it when they are confronted with the fax. Trump on the plane editing Jr statement about the purpose of the meeting. Shall I go on?

Sure, please go on. It's the same stuff that you have been harping on for months. Nothing new, illegal or impeachable.

so why hasn't this been taken to the next step? if its so ironclad as you believe, why the delay? Surely you guys should want to get rid of him ASAP seeing as he is a Russian stooge. Seems like in dragging your feet you are allowing the great evil to continue.

so why hasn't this been taken to the next step? if its so ironclad as you believe, why the delay? Surely you guys should want to get rid of him ASAP seeing as he is a Russian stooge. Seems like in dragging your feet you are allowing the great evil to continue.

In normal times, what has been uncovered would have caused a man of honor to resign already. Trump has no honor, at all.

In normal times, what has been uncovered so far would have caused a Congress with integrity to force the President out. This Congress has no integrity because they are afraid of Trump's supporters.

I am convinced that Mueller understands this, and is building a case so ironclad, so strong, so beyond rebuke, that enough Trumpsters have to concede that his election was a huge mistake of national judgment, and give the go ahead to the Congress to do the right thing and rid us of this menace.

Reactions: 3 people
In normal times, what has been uncovered would have caused a man of honor to resign already. Trump has no honor, at all.

In normal times, what has been uncovered so far would have caused a Congress with integrity to force the President out. This Congress has no integrity because they are afraid of Trump's supporters.

I am convinced that Mueller understands this, and is building a case so ironclad, so strong, so beyond rebuke, that enough Trumpsters have to concede that his election was a huge mistake of national judgment, and give the go ahead to the Congress to do the right thing and rid us of this menace.

Who's the last POTUS that was a man of honor?

Muller isn't building **** other than his own fiefdom.

I thought you were going to cite something nonpartisan and factual, not complete political hackery. Should have known.

By all means, please dissect the paper and define its fallacies.

Of course you won't and you can't because it's accurate. Instead you'll just spew some meaningless rhetoric.

It's coming. Sorry, Charlie.

sorry_charlie.jpg

Last edited:
By all means, please dissect the paper and define its fallacies.

Of course you won't and you can't because it's accurate. Instead you'll just spew some meaningless rhetoric.

It's coming. Sorry, Charlie.

View attachment 145579

1. Firing the director of the FBI is 100% within any Presidents power, the investigation didn't stop with his firing. He should have been fired on inauguration day.
2. While the meetings between Comey and Trump were inappropriate, even Comey admits (under oath) he was never pressured to do or not do anything.

Those two points are the only ones that matter.

1. Firing the director of the FBI is 100% within any Presidents power, the investigation didn't stop with his firing. He should have been fired on inauguration day.
2. While the meetings between Comey and Trump were inappropriate, even Comey admits (under oath) he was never pressured to do or not do anything.

Hog, you make way too much sense to argue with Outer Lips Vol.

I gather you didn't both to read the Brookings report. That might help comrade. Anyway, here are the real facts:

Donald Trump admits 'this Russia thing' part of reasoning for firing Comey | US news | The Guardian

Notes made by FBI Director Comey say Trump pressured him to end Flynn probe - The Washington Post

Hmm, should we take someones interpretation of Comey's notes or his direct ****ing testimony while under oath?

Comey should have been fired for his partisanship in the handling of the Russian investigation. Again, firing Comey did not obstruct justice.

Hmm, should we take someones interpretation of Comey's notes or his direct ****ing testimony while under oath?

Comey should have been fired for his partisanship in the handling of the Russian investigation. Again, firing Comey did not obstruct justice.

You may be right about Comey... it depends if it was done with "corrupt intentions" (edited) as I understand it. I defer to attorneys on this one.

Trump, Comey and Obstruction of Justice: A Primer - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
You may be right about Comey... it depends if it was done with malice as I understand it. I defer to attorneys on this one.

I've seen several lawyers including Jonathan Turley state with confidence there is no grounds for an obstruction of justice charge based on what the public knows about the firing of Comey and his request about Flynn.

You and some partisan Congressional members seemed to know more about the law than they?

Which group should I believe...

About that Brookings "report"

Note: Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a party (and is providing representation to other parties) in active litigation involving President Trump and the administration. Noah Bookbinder is the executive director and Norman Eisen is the chair and co-founder of CREW. Barry Berke and Kramer Levin are outside pro bono counsel to CREW.

They are in legal action currently against Trump - you believe they would put an objective analysis forward?

VN Store

Back