Windy's football discussion thread.

The chaos within the fan base would be AMAZING!

At first I didn’t wanna even think about it, but after losing to Georgia the way we did, then Kentucky, whatever will help us win. Fwiw, it’d still take a while for me to trust him.

Would still depend on his DC. I think bringing in his dad for the first go round was a mistake. He couldn't make his defense adjust for the spread.

Still. Watching people burn jerseys and the like would be just terrific viewing.

I think he’d make it his life mission to beat Saban.

Could you imagine the meltdown on the ff if Florida announced Gruden?

There's gonna be an epic meltdown if it's not Gruden. I get trusting posters, I don't think it's wise though to brag about starting threads for doubters to apologize, when you're taking the word of some stranger on the internet.

Quotes of Currie give reason to believe that the next UT coach is going to be on board before December's end. That would mean
A. If he's currently a HC of a P5 program, he's willing to walk away as soon as the ink is dry, whether his current team is Bowl bound or not. Ask yourself, how many top performing P5 guys would do this and for what incentive?
B. If he's currently the HC of an LSOP, it's easier to understand his willingness to leave even a Bowl bound team. Win at Tennessee, and the path to championships, glory, and reward are a heck of a lot clearer than from where he's now at.
C. If he's a top-notch assistant, a coordinator/HC in waiting at a successful P5 program, damned straight he'd step away from even a CFP candidate program for the opportunity at UT.
D. He's currently not employed with a collegiate program - coaching in the pros, commentary for sports programming, speaking engagements & consulting work...

I suspect Gruden allows the rumors to swirl as a cover for the actual search & hire process.

Somebody posted a link to where Gruden shot down any rumors this morning on Mike and Mike. He basically said that he hasn't discussed a return to coaching with anyone. Of course it got merged in to that black hole of a thread where it will be lost forever.

Somebody posted a link to where Gruden shot down any rumors this morning on Mike and Mike. He basically said that he hasn't discussed a return to coaching with anyone. Of course it got merged in to that black hole of a thread where it will be lost forever.

Are people heartbroken?

Golic: We've always had to ask you the same question, more times, over these years than anybody else, so...we have to do it again, 'cause it always happens, your name always comes up, this time with the Tennessee head coaching job, your name comes up, what say you about that?

Gruden: Well you know what Mike, I haven't talked to anybody, and all I really have in my life is, is my family and football. That's about it. And uh...I'm real sensitive to the coaches that are out there coaching, so I don't speculate. I just love football. I'm trying to hang on to the job I have. I'm very fortunate to be with the people I'm, I'm with, uhhh, I don't know what's gonna happen in the future, I just know this: I'm gonna continue to give my best effort to the game, stay prepared, and, uhh, I love Monday Night Football. Don't plan on leaving, but--as you know, in life you never say never to nothin'.

If he had no intention at all, why didn't he just say it, like he did in 2012?

I think it's silly to think it proves anything to be fact, either way.

I honestly don’t know what to think, but I’m preparing to defend kiffin to my friends.

If he had no intention at all, why didn't he just say it, like he did in 2012?

I think it's silly to think it proves anything to be fact, either way.

I'm not saying that, just that he's saying he hasn't been talking to anyone yet. All that means to me is that the rumors that the deal has already been finalized would seem to be inaccurate.

I still don't think he'll end up being our next coach. Then again I didn't think Trump had a snowball's chance in you know where of winning the election.

I'm not saying that, just that he's saying he hasn't been talking to anyone yet. All that means to me is that the rumors that the deal has already been finalized would seem to be inaccurate.

I still don't think he'll end up being our next coach. Then again I didn't think Trump had a snowball's chance in you know where of winning the election.

Good point. I still am going on Record that I think the Beaver is a troll.

VN Store

Back