Game Thread Lady Vols vs James Madison

JMU graduated the guard that put up 39 pts on us. She shot 15-35. Only 2 players scored in double figures.

Tyler was never the head coach at Marquette.

Correct. And we’re playing them as part of the Cancun Challenge, where I doubt we had much control in who we’re actually playing (or at a minimum it wasn’t an attempt on our part to specifically play Marquette).

I like their defense tonight. They definitely have some things they need to do to remember to keep moving on offense but the aggressiveness of Russell tonight is great to see. She took a jumper, drove the lane, left the lane for a rebound. All good things.

Reactions: 2 people
unfortunately, I haven't seen anything in this game or the previous game that leads me to believe this team will do any better than last year. Neither do I see anything that suggests the Lady Vols will be back in a final four or NC in the next few years.

Reactions: 3 people
unfortunately, I haven't seen anything in this game or the previous game that leads me to believe this team will do any better than last year. Neither do I see anything that suggests the Lady Vols will be back in a final four or NC in the next few years.
I'm not saying they will be in the FF. However, how can you not see a difference? Yes, they are doing some of the same things as previous years but they are also doing things I did not see at all last year. I saw a possession with 5+ passes, I saw cuts through the zone, I saw players take 3s not in desperation but that actually made sense.

Reactions: 8 people

This is because you're not looking for it...Nor do you seem to want it to happen.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm not saying they will be in the FF. However, how can you not see a difference? Yes, they are doing some of the same things as previous years but they are also doing things I did not see at all last year. I saw a possession with 5+ passes, I saw cuts through the zone, I saw players take 3s not in desperation but that actually made sense.

Ok...maybe i'll have a different assessment once we get past the cupcakes.

VN Store

Back