Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is so much dumb here sometimes it is hard to know where to start...why would he need to be 3-4 wins better a yr? If he is an 8 wins a yr guy at state, 1-2 wins more a yr means he is averaging 9-10 wins a yr here. That would be succeeding, and is a reasonable expectation if not a certainty.

3-4 more wins a yr here? How does that make sense?

He is NOT an 8 win a year coach! !! His average is 6.8 wins per year! That means he needs 3-4 wins a year to get 10-11.

Reactions: 2 people
After trying to catch up, are we not convinced this Albright joker is trolling? Or is he trying to take one side and hope it pans out in his favor?

I'm pretty sure he has had multiple NFL offers come his way over the past 10 years but hasn't taken them due to the nature of the offers. I can't personally confirm that, but it's been mentioned by far more credible posters in the myriad of previous Gruden threads so I'm inclined to believe that. Also, assistant coaches definitely won't confirm with the media they're being vetted, but may tell someone close to them who then leaks it onto a message board that gets around to the media.

At least this author does a better job than most by mentioning he hasn't talked to Jon or his family directly and his analysis is mostly speculation. Really, Solomonoff's Theory of Inductive Inference (essentially Occams Razor) needs to be rigorously applied to the whole scenario. Folks that are writing click-bait articles about reasons on why he's not interested or wouldn't take the job have to contort their argument to make their case. Jon is interested, UT is interested, they're talking, and it's very possible he ends up at UT. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

I won't go so far as to say it's 100% done, because, as is the case with the Schrödinger's paradox, until the outcome is known for certain both outcomes exist probabilistically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think Austin Thomas also has a graduate degree from Tennessee and may have been a grad assistant or something like that.

Thomas earned his undergraduate degree from Lipscomb in 2008 and followed that with a master's degree in sport management from Tennessee.

Thomas joined LSU after a brief stint at Bowling Green, where he served as the Falcons' director of recruiting and player personnel.

Thomas got his start in college athletics in the fall of 2008 when he served as a recruiting intern at Tennessee. He then served as a defensive assistant for a year under Monte Kiffin at Tennessee from June 2009 to May 2010.

Source: Austin Thomas Bio - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Reactions: 1 person
In my opinion it’s the latter but I have no source to back that up, it’s simply just my humble opinion

I’m starting to lean towards that as well. Only thing that makes me “think” he is trolling is he admitted he “hates the Vols”. What better way to troll a fan base/ team you hate than trying to squash the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back