Atlanta Braves Thread - Francisco Cabrera edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another name to add to my hell no list, Jimbo.

With all the classes they've brought in lately, they're 3-6. Imagine if we were 3-6 instead of 4-6, we'd be on track for our first ever 8 loss season, which is possible right now anyways.

Another name to add to my hell no list, Jimbo.

With all the classes they've brought in lately, they're 3-6. Imagine if we were 3-6 instead of 4-6, we'd be on track for our first ever 8 loss season, which is possible right now anyways.

I think you are crazy. I would take Jimbo in a heartbeat. This will be the first time he has not won 9 games in a season.

What's this, year 6? I've read in this very thread that young o-line can't be an excuse in year 5.

Imagine us being 3-6 instead of 4-6 in year 6.

Imagine three conference titles and a national championship the previous five years.

Imagine three conference titles and a national championship the previous five years.

All i see is 3-6 after starting the season in the top 5 or wherever they were ranked. Something ain't right.

I also wasn't a fan of how he handled Jameis while he was there.

NATIONAL MEDIA, FIVE YEARS AGO: Tennessee fans should be happy to get Butch Jones. He's a really good coach.

NATIONAL MEDIA, THIS WEEK: I don't know what else Tennessee fans can expect when they keep making bad hires.

Reactions: 3 people
Newly minted Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos told reporters today that he doesn’t feel pressure to come in and “accelerate things” or rush the process with his new club (link via David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution). Anthopoulos said he’s spoken with John Hart and AGMs Adam Fisher and Perry Minisian at length to help garner as much knowledge as possible about his new organization in a short time. The former Blue Jays GM (who worked with Minisian in Toronto) expressed excitement over the club’s farm system, calling out Ronald Acuna, Austin Riley and Max Fried, among others, as players he’s excited to see develop. Anthopoulos noted that there have been internal discussions about the bullpen and about third base, where Riley is rising through the ranks, though he unsurprisingly didn’t exactly tip his hand as to which way they’d proceed this winter. Anthopoulos stressed the desire to build a sustainable contender in Atlanta and didn’t sound like a GM who anticipated coming in to make wholesale changes to an organization with a farm system that’s on the rise. Braves fans will absolutely want to check out the full column, as it’s packed with insightful quotes from the team’s new top baseball decision-maker.

What a period

The good news is that nothing means less than regular season hockey. The bad news is that the Caps are completely f***ed regardless; they ran into salary cap hell and badly mismanaged the expansion draft this offseason, and now their window has probably closed. I hate them.

The good news is that nothing means less than regular season hockey. The bad news is that the Caps are completely f***ed regardless; they ran into salary cap hell and badly mismanaged the expansion draft this offseason, and now their window has probably closed. I hate them.

Can we have TJ Oshie back?

TIA

Gonna see if my buddy can get any info out of Kippy Brown and his dad's BOT friend in the next few days. We'll see. They are supposedly playing golf Saturday morning. It may have already gone down by then, who the hell knows. Smoke is crazy right now.

Last edited:
Can we have TJ Oshie back?

TIA

I would gladly give him and his contract back in a heartbeat. I love the guy but he had the hockey equivalent of a .550 BABIP year last year, and they rewarded him with an EIGHT YEAR DEAL when he's thirty years old, when they were already in the middle of a salary cap crunch. Idiocy.

I would gladly give him and his contract back in a heartbeat. I love the guy but he had the hockey equivalent of a .550 BABIP year last year, and they rewarded him with an EIGHT YEAR DEAL when he's thirty years old, when they were already in the middle of a salary cap crunch. Idiocy.

Yeah, we’re going to go ahead and ask that you pick up part of that salary. Thank ye kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back