Knoxville Restaurants

Noticed commercials for Wing Stop for the first time lately and wondered where it was. I've never been. The only one is on N. Broadway St.

Yeah, Wing Stop is trying Knoxville again. Opened on Broadway a few months ago. I found them to be nothing great, but not bad either.

Interesting as they say they’re opening the DD in May 2018.

6 months seems like a short turnaround time to remove a building and build a whole new shopping center.

Demo and grading shouldn't take long. They wouldn't have to finish out the rest of the space, just the DD location.

I wonder if they own the shopping center that the Hardin Valley Double Dogs is in.

Went to Gavino’s last night. Had the Grandma’s pizza (square cut) with sausage and black olives. It was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had.

Reactions: 1 person
Demo and grading shouldn't take long. They wouldn't have to finish out the rest of the space, just the DD location.

I wonder if they own the shopping center that the Hardin Valley Double Dogs is in.

What makes you think they need to tear down and rebuild? Why not just renovate/remodel?

If you mean they wouldn’t have to have tennants in all the spaces, that’s correct. But the building needs to be done. Nobody wants to eat and spend money in a construction zone.

Took out a second mortgage and sold a few organs so I could afford to go to Stock and Barrel. I wasn’t impressed the first time, but this time, WOW. Very tasty.

Took out a second mortgage and sold a few organs so I could afford to go to Stock and Barrel. I wasn’t impressed the first time, but this time, WOW. Very tasty.

But was it smoky in there? I heard they have a troublesome vent hood.

Clearly. That rumor makes zero sense though. I'd like to know the source of that.

Replacing with "a new retail center". Are you suggesting that the building is going to be sliced up into smaller spaces?

Rafferty’s of Knoxville closing, to be replaced by retail center | WATE 6 On Your Side

"The current location at 8906 Kingston Pike will be replaced by a new retail center. The center will include one of the company’s other restaurants, Double dogs, as well as other retail tenants."

The Darryl's building on Bearden Hill was torn down and replaced with a strip shopping center. I'd assume that the same thing is happening with the Rafferty's building.

Replacing with "a new retail center". Are you suggesting that the building is going to be sliced up into smaller spaces?

Rafferty’s of Knoxville closing, to be replaced by retail center | WATE 6 On Your Side

"The current location at 8906 Kingston Pike will be replaced by a new retail center. The center will include one of the company’s other restaurants, Double dogs, as well as other retail tenants."

The Darryl's building on Bearden Hill was torn down and replaced with a strip shopping center. I'd assume that the same thing is happening with the Rafferty's building.

No, I assumed the property would be a stand alone Double Dogs just like the stand alone Rafferty's.

Is that the only outlet that is reporting that? It's seems such a vague, short explanation.

No, I assumed the property would be a stand alone Double Dogs just like the stand alone Rafferty's.

Is that the only outlet that is reporting that? It's seems such a vague, short explanation.

A local affiliate of one of the 3 major national networks isn't good enough? Fake news?

VN Store

Back