Knoxville Restaurants

It really was doc, I have probably been to Ye Olde more than 20 times and never had an average meal.

Awesome. The last couple of visits for me were underwhelming, so I haven't been in several years. Plus, it's quite a hike from here...too many places I can feel guaranteed a good steak that are much closer and nicer.

Side note: returning to Lonesome Dove this weekend.

Knoxville doesn’t have a can’t miss steakhouse.

Ye Old, which is good, not great, but unique. Still, I don’t go out my way to make it out there often.

Ruth’s Chris is good, but it’s a chain. You can get it anywhere. Same with Fleming’s. Then you move down a notch to Outback and Lonestar, which I can find something to eat, but they don’t blow me away.

Connors is good, really good even. But I feel it’s average in a big city.

Edit: I need to go to Lonesome Dove.

Edit 2: I’ve heard The Walnut Kitchen is fantastic as well, but it’s in Maryville.

Last edited:
Knoxville doesn’t have a can’t miss steakhouse.

Ye Old, which is good, not great, but unique. Still, I don’t go out my way to make it out there often.

Ruth’s Chris is good, but it’s a chain. You can get it anywhere. Same with Fleming’s. Then you move down a notch to Outback and Lonestar, which I can find something to eat, but they don’t blow me away.

Connors is good, really good even. But I feel it’s average in a big city.

Edit: I need to go to Lonesome Dove.

Edit 2: I’ve heard The Walnut Kitchen is fantastic as well, but it’s in Maryville.

Well then. Get yourself down to Lonesome Dove and fork over the moolah for their Wagyu Tomahawk Steak 32 oz @ $115. You can share and you will not regret it.

I had the Buffalo ribeye at Lonesome Dove tonight, and it was absolutely fantastic. The elk entree is another can't-miss choice. We shared lobster hush puppies, the rabbit-rattlesnake sausage, and the hamachi tostada appetizers. All were great.

It's expensive, but the flavors and game options are unmatched in Knoxville. Definitely a unique dining experience worth sharing with friends!

I had the Buffalo ribeye at Lonesome Dove tonight, and it was absolutely fantastic. The elk entree is another can't-miss choice. We shared lobster hush puppies, the rabbit-rattlesnake sausage, and the hamachi tostada appetizers. All were great.

It's expensive, but the flavors and game options are unmatched in Knoxville. Definitely a unique dining experience worth sharing with friends!

I may end up here tonight to feel better about this azz whipping we are about to behold.

Well then. Get yourself down to Lonesome Dove and fork over the moolah for their Wagyu Tomahawk Steak 32 oz @ $115. You can share and you will not regret it.

I will eventually.

I really want to go to The Walnut Kitchen first. Just looking for an occasion.

Family and I went to Stock Burger on Sutherland tonight. They had burgers and I had the fish and chips. The only letdown was the coleslaw, which didn’t have a lot of flavor.

The fried pickles appetizer was excellent.

Well this should get real interesting...

Dan Davis owner and founder of Rafferty's and Double Dogs will be converting the Rafferty's off Cedar Bluff to the second Double Dogs location Knoxville has. Same area as Applebees, and Carolina Ale House.

Well this should get real interesting...

Dan Davis owner and founder of Rafferty's and Double Dogs will be converting the Rafferty's off Cedar Bluff to the second Double Dogs location Knoxville has. Same area as Applebees, and Carolina Ale House.

I think that rather than converting they're tearing it down and replacing with a small shopping center. Then DD will take one of the spaces.

They're looking for somewhere to relocate Rafferty's.

I think that rather than converting they're tearing it down and replacing with a small shopping center. Then DD will take one of the spaces.

Interesting as they say they’re opening the DD in May 2018.

6 months seems like a short turnaround time to remove a building and build a whole new shopping center.

Reactions: 1 person

I hope they put it in North Knox. I love Rafferty’s. Never had a bad meal there.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems ambitious for that little space unless they are really changing up that whole area between Rafertys and Walgreens. Hope they close up the Ebenezer exit if they do build a multishop area.

Seems ambitious for that little space unless they are really changing up that whole area between Rafertys and Walgreens. Hope they close up the Ebenezer exit if they do build a multishop area.

Seems like it would be too congested right there.

Or just make it a right turn only out of the parking lot.

VN Store

Back