UFC Thread

Khabib fights Edson Barboza next, who I didn't realize is on a nice 3-fight win streak that includes victories over Melendez and Pettis.

Khabib fights Edson Barboza next, who I didn't realize is on a nice 3-fight win streak that includes victories over Melendez and Pettis.

Is this actually confirmed?

Khabib said on Monday he wants to fight Ferguson, who he views as the real champion. When asked about Edson he said that if Ferguson fighter Conor then he'll fight Edson, but right now he's seeing what happens with the possible Conor/Diaz III.

Is this actually confirmed?

Khabib said on Monday he wants to fight Ferguson, who he views as the real champion. When asked about Edson he said that if Ferguson fighter Conor then he'll fight Edson, but right now he's seeing what happens with the possible Conor/Diaz III.

I saw where Dana said Diaz priced himself out of the Conor fight, also said that fight wasn't ever even talked about. Which contradicts itself, and we all know Dana is full of ****, a lot.

I saw where Dana said Diaz priced himself out of the Conor fight, also said that fight wasn't ever even talked about. Which contradicts itself, and we all know Dana is full of ****, a lot.

It's up to Conor. Dana can talk all he wants but it's completely up to Conor saying he'll fight Diaz. If Conor wants Diaz, the UFC will give him Diaz.

He may not be referring to "negotiations". Diaz was publicly saying he wanted $10M, or whatever it was.

Anybody watching TUF? The women aren't exactly setting the world on fire, but there have been 6 finishes in 7 fights and Ben's GF proved she's not just a gimmick with an underdog win last night by guillotine.

15043912_608684842654547_3367710507065671680_n.jpg

Anybody watching TUF? The women aren't exactly setting the world on fire, but there have been 6 finishes in 7 fights and Ben's GF proved she's not just a gimmick with an underdog win last night by guillotine.

15043912_608684842654547_3367710507065671680_n.jpg

It hasn't been great, but it's definitely not the worst season I've watched. I expect Shevchenko to completely destroy the winner though.

It hasn't been great, but it's definitely not the worst season I've watched. I expect Shevchenko to completely destroy the winner though.

There is really no need for the show to be an hour anymore. I'll watch 5-10 minutes of the leadup. I like to hear what the coaches say about the fighters skill sets. Then maybe if one of the fighters has an interesting past, I'll watch that 3-minute segment. I don't watch anything that happens in the house.

If the coaches don't have big personalities, it's a boring damn show outside of the fights.

There is really no need for the show to be an hour anymore. I'll watch 5-10 minutes of the leadup. I like to hear what the coaches say about the fighters skill sets. Then maybe if one of the fighters has an interesting past, I'll watch that 3-minute segment. I don't watch anything that happens in the house.

If the coaches don't have big personalities, it's a boring damn show outside of the fights.

Agreed. Gaethje and Alvarez isn't a good pairing. Lee and Gaethje could have been pretty entertaining. Ferguson and Lee could have coached and fought on a later date. It's just not as good with two nice guys.

Jesus this girls nose got destroyed.

She might think twice about fighting again. This ain't boxing.

Mousasi with the gritty win. The other guy thought he had it, but if your opponent can't see out of 1 eye for all 3 rounds and the fight is pretty even, then you don't deserve the win. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
She might think twice about fighting again. This ain't boxing.

Mousasi with the gritty win. The other guy thought he had it, but if your opponent can't see out of 1 eye for all 3 rounds and the fight is pretty even, then you don't deserve the win. Sorry.

Agreed, she wasn't ready to be kicked in the face.

Agree again.

Apparently the ref paused the Lobov fight to yell at McG, who had approached the cage from the crowd and was essentially acting as a 4th cornerman.

Bones tested clean with USADA on 10/11 which is somewhat peculiar considering what he tested for in July stays in your system for 4-6 months.

Bones tested clean with USADA on 10/11 which is somewhat peculiar considering what he tested for in July stays in your system for 4-6 months.

That is interesting. Maybe in July is was almost out of his system. What was the most recent test before the failed one?

That is interesting. Maybe in July is was almost out of his system. What was the most recent test before the failed one?

He's been tested like a dozen times this year. Not every test will reveal what he tested for. I am under the impression that at least a few of them would have tested for this anabolic based on what I read in the past, but don't quote me on that.

To get benefit out of this drug, he either needs to consistently take it during training or take it at fight time. The latter is what appeared to have happened because that is what made sense based on all the other facts, but it's already out of his system.

He's been tested like a dozen times this year. Not every test will reveal what he tested for. I am under the impression that at least a few of them would have tested for this anabolic based on what I read in the past, but don't quote me on that.

To get benefit out of this drug, he either needs to consistently take it during training or take it at fight time. The latter is what appeared to have happened because that is what made sense based on all the other facts, but it's already out of his system.

Oh okay. I really don't know too much about the testing process and how you take different types of steroids. If Jones is innocent, I really hope they get it right. He's a special talent, and I would hate to see his career end like that.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back