Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new to report really. All is fairly quiet. Rest easy in the knowledge that Butch is gone...that hasn't changed since after the game w/ UGA.

I think the offer situation is pretty realistic, and I'm told another meeting may take place this week.

All of this will play out at it's own speed. Currie, I am told, is very deliberate. There won't be a move of any sort just to make a move.

I just don't think there is much to tell right now.

Reactions: 15 people
Nothing new to report really. All is fairly quiet. Rest easy in the knowledge that Butch is gone...that hasn't changed since after the game w/ UGA.

I think the offer situation is pretty realistic, and I'm told another meeting may take place this week.

All of this will play out at it's own speed. Currie, I am told, is very deliberate. There won't be a move of any sort just to make a move.

Another meeting? Well that gives me some hope.

Reactions: 1 person
We are contenders this time guys. Everyone on the same page and the AD who desires and wants this program to be great again. Currie is ready to do what it takes to be great and this time I am confident the deal gets closed.

Are you still feeling this way? If so, what's your precentage on Gruden?

I didn't hear Hyams this morning, but it surprises me if he really said that. He has been saying since late spring that Butch would be on the burning hot seat with UT admin if we had a 7-5 type season this year.

I am more confident than ever that the worm has turned and that Butch is unofficially officially gone because WNML was openly critical and saying it was time for him to go on the post game last night. That was a complete 180 from their stance after the Georgia game. They do not speak of things like that unless they have been given the green light from the powers that be at UT.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah, we just need to chill. There is no decision Currie can make to salvage this season. His decision will be made with an eye on the future.

He also might be playing hardball with Butch. Butch wants out, but doesn't want to give up any of the buyout, so you leave him twisting in the wind and seriously hurting his chances to land another gig with every loss that piles up. If Butch cries uncle, and agrees to a reduction, it could happen sooner.

And, on top of that, he most likely is trying to nail down the replacement so it can be announced soon (there is that word again) after Butch is officially fired.

A lot of moving parts.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back