The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone surprised about the NCAA ruling on UNC?
This is who the FBI should be investigating. 5 year show cause for a previous chair? Bruce should sue their asses.

I'm trying to avoid the FB forum and limit the discussion to the more civilized folk of VolNation, but how can you NOT talk about this dumpster fire going on?

LC--Kentucky is going to have a better basketball AND football program than TN this season.

I'm trying to avoid the FB forum and limit the discussion to the more civilized folk of VolNation, but how can you NOT talk about this dumpster fire going on?

LC--Kentucky is going to have a better basketball AND football program than TN this season.

Are you not numb to it yet?

My freshman year of college was when the UT demise started. So I leaned on basketball hard, it helped to get me by.

Football was extra brutal for me because I attended an SEC school not name UT. I think that's the reason it doesn't bother me now. I've already heard all of the jokes and had to face them for 4 years.

I expected 6-6 this season but looks like it could be worse.
Muschump told it like it is. Second half he dominated the line of scrimmage. butch has never learned that lesson.

Disgusting. Haven't scored a TD in a game and a half. He should be fired today, although it's not going to happen. If Currie wants trust from the fan base you gotta pull that trigger. We've had the worst home loss since 1905, we've not scored in 10 quarters, and we're on pace to giving up the most rushing yards ever by a UT defense. What are we going to do next? Break the 4-8 record finally? I mean when is enough, enough? Cause I don't know about y'all, but I've had enough since Georgia Tech. He's gotta go

I've been pro-Butch up until the UGA embarrassment. He's got to go. I appreciate him getting us out of the Dooley mess, but Butch is a 9 win coach and that's all he'd ever be here.

I hope so. I used to call Stoops (lack of development and poor in game managing) a poor mans Butch but now I feel that's just extremely unfair and mean to Stoops.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been pro-Butch up until the UGA embarrassment. He's got to go. I appreciate him getting us out of the Dooley mess, but Butch is a 9 win coach and that's all he'd ever be here.

Will this year be 9 wins? As in long term, he will average 9?

Or as in that is his max?

Max. He's shown he can beat the four east bottom feeders but literally has only won 3 other SEC games. Formula for 7 or 8 every year.

Idk he's proven he loses to bottom feeders too. The only team in the east he's never lost to is Kentucky. That's changing this Year

Which is the most depressing fact about Butch from a UK perspective.

Yup LC, thats a not a good look for stoops. Even Vandy has beaten Butch twice. Infact he's atleast lost to every SEC east team twice, except UK. Sorry bro that's just unfair 😂

Last edited:

The gap won’t be as large as in the past though. Thankfully

Reactions: 1 person
Butch has the biggest home loss in a century. Butch has the first shutout in almost 25 years. I'm just hoping he's not the first coach to lead TN to an 8 loss season. I'll take 5-7 and no bowl game. I think the best result is going to be 6-6 and the bowl in Shreveport or the Liberty. If they do get a bowl invite at 5-7 I hope that they decline (the SEC might not allow members to do that though).

I'm not in the Fire Butch Now camp... unless he's lost the team (or if Gruden is ready to step on in). Actually I could tolerate Fulmer riding out the season... as long as there's an agreement that he will not be anything other than an INTERIM coach. It's hard to tell what's fact or fiction with Butch's #121. The DUI rumor was a sleazy, bull**** attempt by a "fan" that should be neutered.

Here's my work that I posted in another forum:

Am I missing any?

Chris Petersen (Boise State, Washington)
Gary Patterson (TCU)
Chip Kelly (Oregon, Eagles, 49ers)
Jeff Brohm (WKU, Purdue)
Justin Fuente (Memphis, Va Tech)
DJ Durkin (Maryland)
Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)
Les Miles (OK State, LSU)
PJ Fleck (W Michigan, Minnesota)
Dan Mullen (Mississippi State)
Mike Leach (Texas Tech, WSU)
Dave Doeren (Northern Illinois, NC State)
James Franklin (Vandy, PSU)
Scott Frost (UCF)
Bobby Petrino (UL, Falcons, Ark, WKU, UL)
Matt Campbell (Toledo, Iowa State)
Kyle Whittingham (Utah)
Greg Schiano (Rutgers, Tampa Bay, tOSU)
Rich Rodriguez (West Va, Michigan, Arizona)

With UT association:

Jon Gruden (TN, Oakland, TB Bucs, MNF)
David Cutcliffe (TN, Ole Miss, TN, Duke)
Phil Fulmer (TN)
Lane Kiffin (Oakland, TN, USCw, FAU)
Lovie Smith (TN, Bears, TB Bucs, Illinois)
Tee Martin (TN, USCw)
Jim Bob Cooter (TN, Lions)
Brady Hoke (Ball State, San Diego State, Michigan, Oregon-DC, TN)
Justin Draper Wilcox (TN, California)
The Sheriff (TN, Colts, Papa John's, Broncos)

Longer shots:

Chad Morris (SMU)
David Shaw (Stanford)
Charlie Strong (UL, Texas, USF)
Dino Babers (Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green, Syracuse)
Brent Venables (Clemson-DC)
Derek Mason (Vandy)
Mike Norvell (Memphis)
Neal Brown (Troy)
Bret Arnold Bielema (Wisconsin, Arkansas)
Jim Mora, Jr (Falcons, Seahawks, UCLA)
Mike MacIntyre (San Jose State, Colorado)
Brian Kelly (GV St, C Mich, Cincy, Notre Dame)
Jim Tressle (Youngstown State, tOSU)
Mark Richt (Georgia, Miami)
Mark Dantonio (Cincinnati, Michigan State)
Jimbo Fisher (Florida State)
Dabo Swinney (Clemson)
Rex Ryan (NY Jets, Dr Scholl's, Bills)
Mike Gundy (OK State, AARP)
Steve Spurrier (Bandits, Duke, Florida, Redskins, USCe)
Nick Saban (Toledo, Michigan State, LSU, Dolphins, Alabama, Hades)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back