Netflix

FX actually started adopting that model with Legion and Fargo having different run times.

Nathan for You is going to have like a 76 minute season finale when his show is typically only 22 minutes long. I can't remember what podcast he was on, but he said he was working on the finale and it took a more serious turn. He decided 22 minutes cannot do the topic/story justice. He took it to Comedy Central thinking never in a million years they'd say yes.

The Seinfeld comedy standup is very, very funny. It's refreshing to horse-laugh watching a guy that doesn't have to be overly vulgar or sacreligious. He's one of the all-time greats.

Reactions: 1 person
Mindhunter from David Fincher starts tonight, also the Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller/Dustin Hoffman movie and The Babysitter horror movie.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone here have any good documentary recommendations?

icarus, into the inferno (werner herzog), white helmets (short), exit through the gift shop, jiro dreams of sushi, five broken cameras (not sure if still on netflix), chasing ice, theres a new one about the dying coral reefs- chasing coral? I forget. Virunga....cave of forgotten dreams (short),

some more...the look of silence and it's counterpart, forget the name. Undefeated was also good. as was No-No. Sachin is another good sports docu even if you know nothing about cricket.

Last edited:
anyone seen mindhunter?

Watched first two tonight and, if it wasn't for my wife needing to go to bed, I'd have watched straight through. Without getting to the end yet I can't declare it great from start to finish but the beginning is truly fantastic.

Watched first two tonight and, if it wasn't for my wife needing to go to bed, I'd have watched straight through. Without getting to the end yet I can't declare it great from start to finish but the beginning is truly fantastic.

I'm starting the 4th episode right now and it's beyond fantastic.

Mindhunter from David Fincher starts tonight, also the Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller/Dustin Hoffman movie and The Babysitter horror movie.

Mindhunter is good except for the main FBI guy. Low budget independent film type acting from that guy.

Just so we can all rest easy, the other guy in Mindhunter is in fact the guy from Fight Club. (The one who realized that in death a member of Project Mayhem does have a name. The guy who died -Meatloaf- name is Robert Paulson”)

Whew

There are so many cop, FBI and detective shows that they all just sort of blend together after a while. I havent enjoyed one since The Wire & True Detectives season 1...plus this Danish TV show called The Bridge... Will give this one a shot though I'm not sure I'll have the patience for it.

Im so with you on that. I hear procedural cop show and I am immediately turned off. I did love True Detective(both seasons) and since this is David Fincher I will give it a whirl.

Bosch (Amazon) is a pretty decent cop show, but it's a little cliche. It's almost like a Wire reunion, too.

I need to watch The Shield. Everyone says it's great.

Bosch (Amazon) is a pretty decent cop show, but it's a little cliche. It's almost like a Wire reunion, too.

Bosch is pretty good. It's not great but still better than network cop dramas, and has a lot of good actors on it. Plus last season ended very well as a setup for the next season.

Finishing up last season currently on NF of Longmire. Man between this and Justified they are killing me ending these great shows!

The Shield was great but it busted the cliche of what a cop show is. I also really enjoyed Homicide back in the day, maybe the greatest "cop" show of all time.

All this CBS NCIUSCI San Bernadino and 16 Law and Orders are crap of the highest order.

VN Store

Back