The Anxiety thread

Yes, the general idea is not a novel treatment concept: recognize anxious sensations and thoughts, learn to allow/accept them as uncomfortable but harmless, and challenge them/put your mind back in control. The author does present the technique in a very understandable and practical manner, which would be useful in crunch-time for an anxiety-sufferer.

Sounds extremely similar to what a therapist suggested to me a few years back that has really helped getting the panic attacks and anxiety under control. May need to read the whole thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds extremely similar to what a therapist suggested to me a few years back that has really helped getting the panic attacks and anxiety under control. May need to read the whole thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Absolutely. It's an easy read and probably needs to be repeated for things to stick. There are audio files that are free to access, too. Also, you can connect to other people who have used the program and be encouraged by their stories.

Absolutely. It's an easy read and probably needs to be repeated for things to stick. There are audio files that are free to access, too. Also, you can connect to other people who have used the program and be encouraged by their stories.

Hmm that's interesting. I haven't read up on the subject as much as I should since I actually suffer from it. Did more research on the actual drugs and chemical research more than anything but I guess that's more of an indictment of my personal interests. Just really went by a couple therapists suggestions and did what worked for me. Grief and trauma support groups have also been a great help so I imagine that works similarly to the connection to other stories from this book/series.

I'm having anxiety like a MF.... lost both my parents this year.... my mom's twin sister.... my brother has cancer and is going through chemo.... already had surgery and radiation....trying to settle my father's estate.... have four daughters. I don't really drink much, but if anyone wants to bake me some Mary J brownies I sure would appreciate it..... muffins will work too

I'm having anxiety like a MF.... lost both my parents this year.... my mom's twin sister.... my brother has cancer and is going through chemo.... already had surgery and radiation....trying to settle my father's estate.... have four daughters. I don't really drink much, but if anyone wants to bake me some Mary J brownies I sure would appreciate it..... muffins will work too

I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine.

Dang man - Virtual hug

I’m sorry to hear that CP. when it rains it pours.

VN Store

Back