Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!

Any tips for #19?

Do college players still max out on jersey's at 55 with no 6-9 numbers allowed ? I know it used to be that way so referees could give foul numbers with one hand so there was no confusion for the official scorer.

Edit: I got Chris-ed

Yep, been that way for years. Pro ball allows any number, but college and HS restrict numbers to begin and end with numbers no higher than 5 for the reasons Dog listed above.

Yep, been that way for years. Pro ball allows any number, but college and HS restrict numbers to begin and end with numbers no higher than 5 for the reasons Dog listed above.

I saw the other day that Taj Gibson is the first player to ever wear number 67. Had no clue about the NCAA rule, but now it makes sense.

I thought that single digit 6, 7, 8, and 9 were allowed. What was Stanley Asumnu's #? Seems like somebody wore #8 a few years back.

In the Jimmy England/Don Johnson/Bill Justus years I think that players might have had different numbers for home and away uniforms. Or else when they took pics for the game programs they weren't always the player's actual numbers.

I thought that single digit 6, 7, 8, and 9 were allowed. What was Stanley Asumnu's #? Seems like somebody wore #8 a few years back.

In the Jimmy England/Don Johnson/Bill Justus years I think that players might have had different numbers for home and away uniforms. Or else when they took pics for the game programs they weren't always the player's actual numbers.

I don't remember Asumnu's jersey number, but I do remember how hard he played and how much I dug him.

I was asking tho. I know that's the way they did the jersey's numbers in the '70s and '80s, but as I've gotten older or is it old, I don't pay as much attention to that kind of stuff.

Asumnu was #3.

Man... there is no way Cal should have not won the NCAA that year. That 2009-2010 team was absolutely loaded.

Wall
Bledsoe
Cousins
Pat Pat
Darius Miller
Liggins
Harrellson

I'd be embarrassed to have that roster and only make it to the E8.

Fulkerson and Johnson both participated in yesterday's 5-5 full court scrimmage work, a sign that both are very close to being 100% cleared and should be available for Game 1.

Man... there is no way Cal should have not won the NCAA that year. That 2009-2010 team was absolutely loaded.

Wall
Bledsoe
Cousins
Pat Pat
Darius Miller
Liggins
Harrellson

Yup.

Wall
Bledsoe
Cousins
Pat Pat
Darius Miller
Liggins
Harrellson

Yep. Sick to see us go out against a crappy WVU team because we couldn't make a three.

VN Store

Back