Trump just solved health care

If that's true, the GOPers who complained about Obama EOs need to be heard from.

Tell you what, in any event, the GOP now owns all of healthcare. Lock. Stock. Barrel.

Good luck with that.

Those payments were an illegal overstep by Obama in the first place

If that's true, the GOPers who complained about Obama EOs need to be heard from.

Tell you what, in any event, the GOP now owns all of healthcare. Lock. Stock. Barrel.

Good luck with that.

Meh. We were the only ones paying for it anyway

I'm not sure I follow your point. I find the salaries some of our athletes make to be reprehensible, borderline criminal. It highlights some of the deficiencies of free market capitalism. Capitalism frequently brings about a negative correlation with jobs and pay.

Jobs with a high degree of moral, ethical, and societal worth frequently do not pay well because of the number of moral and ethical people willing to preform the job with little regard to pay. (military, police, fire, nurses, etc...) Capitalism rewards greed over selflessness. That's a rather big flaw in my book. But it works out swimmingly for the greedy.

My point was that - because of the time and cost to be able to practice, doctors generally incur significant debt while other people are already earning an income. It's wrong to believe they shouldn't be more highly compensated than most people. They have the additional burden of malpractice insurance.

You cannot mix in the other costs for facilities and testing - particularly extensive testing to prove they did everything in the event of a malpractice suit. Sure it inflates your bill, but overhead is a cost of doing business, and it has to be paid.

The other side of the equation is that many people justify what a professional athlete makes as - he/she deserves it because they can only play the game for a short time in relation to a normal lifespan. Yet, the same people don't seem to see the disparity in the way they view what a doctor vs what an athlete is paid. Apparently you do see that part.

Who says athletic jobs (or whatever job category you are angry about) are lacking moral or ethical worth? Further, society determines what is valuable - if you want to remove the free market aspect then the alternative is the choice is made by the few (elected officials?). I know you have dictatorial tendencies but while the market is not perfect, it is the most democratic choice mechanism we have. You hate the Electoral College because it's not democratic enough but you don't want individual choice to determine what society as a whole values. Seems like a major disconnect to me.

I'd like to see your evidence that someone choosing to be an educator is more moral or ethical than someone who chooses to be an athlete.

The truth is that anyone of us in this discussion could qualify to be a teacher (public school K-12). There are over 3 million public school teachers.

Virtually none of us could qualify to be a professional athlete and there are about 15K across all sports in the US. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the average salary for them is about 50K (high school teachers average 58K: boom).

It ain't about morals, ethics or societal worth (whatever that means).

People are made up with lots of conflicting traits and tendencies. Envy, compassion, kindness, greed, lust, jealousy, community, etc... As a general principle, I've always felt that the economic system should try to promote positive traits and discourage the more negative. In my mind, pure capitalism does the exact opposite. There is a role for free market capitalism, but it's way overplayed and overvalued in this country. Greed, lust, envy, jealousy etc....drive much of our system and the way we market it to the public. Some like it and think it's great.....I don't.

Just watch Trumps twitter for him calling anybody a childish name. You can assume that person had the nerve to offer anything less than total support.

Only one called a name, and deservedly so, is NBC FAKE NEWS.

Other than that, he's hoping the Democrats will ask him to fix healthcare
[twitter]https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/918772522983874561[/twitter]

Good luck with that.

Doubtful. Trump is asking for assistance and cooperation. Not that I think anyone is going to fix anything but...

#yougothimnow

So... I assume that all of the people that railed against Obama using XOs as a means to avoid passing a law will be upset at Trump for his use of XOs.

Reactions: 1 person
So... I assume that all of the people that railed against Obama using XOs as a means to avoid passing a law will be upset at Trump for his use of XOs.

A federal judge had ruled the subsidies were illegal

Trump is making things right. And honestly, putting the issue back to congress. God help us...

Reactions: 1 person

I think it's a crappy way to govern.

That said, your comment applies to all the Obama supporters who were mad at "King George" for using EO's.

So while it doesn't apply to this example (the EO expanding ways to offer insurance) many of Trump's EO's are simply reversals of the previous POTUS' EO's.

Isn't that different? Returning the rules to those Congress made rather than those the EO made?

Reactions: 3 people
CNN VERY FAKE News

DMBY2UgX4AAQ0Sb.jpg

They misspelled "Insurance Companies"

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back