Recruiting Forum Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf just happened at the end of the half in this NFL game?

5 seconds left and no TOs and the panthers don't try a 57 yard FG nor do they throw the ball into the endzone

Bizarre

I don't think cam trusted his line to hold 3 for 5

I’m not as big on Brohm as others, but I would take him over Schiano.

No doubt. Among those I mentioned, I'd have Brohm at the bottom although I still feel like he'd be good. He's got a pretty sizable buyout as well. If we end up having to go the up and comer route, I'm really hoping it'll be Frost.

I don’t really have great reasoning behind it. He just doesn’t strike me as a HR hire. To be honest, he seems like much more of a risk than Mullen, or even a newer guy like Frost. Look at his overall record. Nothing about his track record suggests to me that he will be a success at UT. Jmo though...What about this guy makes you believe he will be any better than Butch?

Do you know what Rutgers was before he got there? They were the worst team in Division 1 every season. He had them ranked number 7 after beating Louisville. Rutgers had not been ranked since 1976. Was offered the Miami job but turned them down. Was widely considered the hottest candidate in college for a few seasons before going to the league.

I agree with everyone here, he's not the first pick but I would not be mad if he's the guy. He's getting a job this year. Wouldn't be shocked if its a big job.

Do you know what Rutgers was before he got there? They were the worst team in Division 1 every season. He had them ranked number 7 after beating Louisville. Rutgers had not been ranked since 1976. Was offered the Miami job but turned them down. Was widely considered the hottest candidate in college for a few seasons before going to the league.

I agree with everyone here, he's not the first pick but I would not be mad if he's the guy. He's getting a job this year. Wouldn't be shocked if its a big job.

I’m not doubting you at all, just a gut feeling here that he wouldn’t take us to that next level. Feels very Butchy to me

Reactions: 2 people

He'd be a much better hire than quite a few of the names being tossed around.

Message board philosophy summed up perfectly in one post "I don't think Shiano would be good. Just not feeling him. No real reason. Just a feeling." Lol, that's indigestion dude. Take some Tums.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the biggest reasons I love the thought of GS is he is one tough hard nosed coach. I like the idea of having a disciplinarian take over for a coach that didn't have enough control.

GS would have won the East at least once from 2013-2017.

Edit: I should say 2015-2016 because the roster wasn't up to snuff in 2013-2014 and we obviously don't know who's going to win it this year (coughGeorgiacough).

Last edited:
This isn't a rebuild. This is a take it to the next level hire. Let's get a guy in here that can take his and beat yours and take yours and beat his. If this AD is competent, which I'm starting to believe it finally is, they shouldn't have a problem finding the guy who can take it to the next level. Kelly, Patterson, Frost, Mullen, and Brohm I feel can all get us there, among others. Odds are one of those guys will be our next head coach IMO.

Biggest sticking point right here, IMO.

Can look at what was done at Rutgers and say “but it’s Rutgers!” but does that say anything about what he’d do as HC at Tennessee? This is not a slow, methodical process. Recruit some playmakers, win the games your supposed to, and win the east. Don’t blow leads. Don’t let the locker room fall apart.

I think Schiano will make a good coach for someone in 2018. I don't think he's what we're looking or though. Not sure he'd be a great cultural fit as a HC in the south. I think he'd do well somewhere at a school where he can just focus primarily on coaching and not have to worry as much about the recruiting grind and constant PR.

If we're just gonna settle for a retread, I'll take an SEC guy like Miles over Schiano. If we aren't getting someone like Kelly/Patterson/Gruden, then I want a young guy (career wise, at least) like Frost or Brohm who is hungry and eager for the grind of being an SEC HC.

Kansas should pay whatever Schiano wants and bring him to Lawrence. See if he can build up another cellar dweller.

He'd be a college football Hall of Famer without ever sniffing a national championship if he turned Rutgers and Kansas into contenders.

I think Schiano will make a good coach for someone in 2018. I don't think he's what we're looking or though. Not sure he'd be a great cultural fit as a HC in the south. I think he'd do well somewhere at a school where he can just focus primarily on coaching and not have to worry as much about the recruiting grind and constant PR.

If we're just gonna settle for a retread, I'll take an SEC guy like Miles over Schiano. If we aren't getting someone like Kelly/Patterson/Gruden, then I want a young guy (career wise, at least) like Frost or Brohm who is hungry and eager for the grind of being an SEC HC.

Not directing this at you so much as I am the board but I am shocked that Justin Fuente is a name that isn't even getting mentioned Much when making long list like this one.

With what I am being told about Currie spending $ I absolutely think he is a realistic hire.

Not directing this at you so much as I am the board but I am shocked that Justin Fuente is a name that isn't even getting mentioned Much when making long list like this one.

With what I am being told about Currie spending $ I absolutely think he is a realistic hire.

You think he’d already leave Va Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back