Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing the amount of dysfunction in the football program right now. It's bigger than wins and losses now.

Butch is the captain of a defective and sinking boat. All the while saying that everything is ok. He wants to take down everyone with him too

Reactions: 3 people
It's amazing the amount of dysfunction in the football program right now. It's bigger than wins and losses now.

Butch is the captain of a defective and sinking boat. All the while saying that everything is ok. He wants to take down everyone with him too

I'm ready to march into knoxville with a torch and a pitchfork. I wish he would just leave already.

He's Tennessee's version of Baghdad Bob!

So he's supposed to say the program is on fire and the rest of the season is lost? That makes sense

Reactions: 2 people

It's obvious he wants out. That is why it doesn't matter if he goes 9-3. He wants out and UT wants him gone.

I actually like Mark Ricth, this is is a great guy and a fine gettleman, he would be considered in the 2nd tier hire if I were the AD, as he is a good hire but not a great hire...... JMHO

A mutual friend who posts on here brought his name up this evening to me. I said no way he would leave Miami. Then he showed me a picture of an empty stadium for their home opener this season. I agree he is great person and 2nd tier coach but we could and have done a lot worse. He would a home run compared to our last few hires.

I guess lying to the media and blaming everyone for his issues are the answer.

The dude doesn't take responsibility for his crap.

Just a fan here but I think one of his biggest problems has been in hiring assistants and possibly micromanaging. Had several chances to upgrade the offensive staff but apparently hired his buds instead of getting qualified assistants. That and continually trying to run a pro style quarterback in a dual threat offense. I've just never figured that one out.

I do appreciate what Butch did to get the program back on its feet though. I don't hate him, but his time has come to an end.

I do appreciate what Butch did to get the program back on its feet though. I don't hate him, but his time has come to an end.

Same. I appreciate what he's done for us, but he's hit his ceiling. He may have in fact hit his head on it and bounced back down.

Reactions: 3 people
A mutual friend who posts on here brought his name up this evening to me. I said no way he would leave Miami. Then he showed me a picture of an empty stadium for their home opener this season. I agree he is great person and 2nd tier coach but we could and have done a lot worse. He would a home run compared to our last few hires.

I wouldn't quit watching in anger. But I wouldn't expect a championship either. I doubt he comes back to the SEC East.

Reactions: 1 person
I wanted Gruden 5 years ago, hell, I wanted him 8 years ago. I was not around for the OG threads, but if indeed UT backed away from him 5 years ago I am pissed. How good would Year 5 of Gruden look right now.

I wanted Gruden 5 years ago, hell, I wanted him 8 years ago. I was not around for the OG threads, but if indeed UT backed away from him 5 years ago I am pissed. How good would Year 5 of Gruden look right now.

You missed one hell of a time,I believe in year five we would have a t least won the east 2 or 3 times. Possibly even a SEC championship and playoff appearance.

I wouldn't quit watching in anger. But I wouldn't expect a championship either. I doubt he comes back to the SEC East.

I feel the same. We would be a top 25 team every year but we ain't beating bama. To be honest beside Gruden and Kelly i don't know of anyone else who is a possibility that I feel would put us on equal grounds with them.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back