The Anxiety thread

The headaches are still happening. It's still a quick dull pain in the same multiple spots on my head. Both temples, mostly my left, back left and right sides of my head, and behind my right eye sometimes. None of the pains occur at the same time it's always one at a time. Considering I'm a hypochondriac I've been thinking the worst like tumors, or glioBastoma

Reactions: 1 person
The headaches are still happening. It's still a quick dull pain in the same multiple spots on my head. Both temples, mostly my left, back left and right sides of my head, and behind my right eye sometimes. None of the pains occur at the same time it's always one at a time. Considering I'm a hypochondriac I've been thinking the worst like tumors, or glioBastoma

You need to stop thinking. Take some Ibuprofen, it's just stress and paranoia. You're making it worse by thinking it's some terminal illness and it's not.

You need to stop thinking. Take some Ibuprofen, it's just stress and paranoia. You're making it worse by thinking it's some terminal illness and it's not.

You're probably right. This didn't start happening until my buddy mentioned last,Monday he had a sex headache and I realized I've had one before and in rare cases those mean something more serious. Of course I Googled that and now I'm here at this point

You're probably right. This didn't start happening until my buddy mentioned last,Monday he had a sex headache and I realized I've had one before and in rare cases those mean something more serious. Of course I Googled that and now I'm here at this point

Did you say you were a regular migraine sufferer before you had the colonoscopy? If you are & they basically disable you when you have them please consider a neurologist first. And then ask the dr. to put you on Maxalt.

My wife is a chronic migraine sufferer. That's the only thing that helps hers. She takes one lays down for about 1 1/2 hours & wakes up feeling much much better.

Did you say you were a regular migraine sufferer before you had the colonoscopy? If you are & they basically disable you when you have them please consider a neurologist first. And then ask the dr. to put you on Maxalt.

My wife is a chronic migraine sufferer. That's the only thing that helps hers. She takes one lays down for about 1 1/2 hours & wakes up feeling much much better.
Nah I actually rarely have headachestablished. They're not disabling me neither the pains are extremely minor

My anxiety is back again unfortunately. I went and saw a doctor bc of.head pains bc I hit my head, and when I did my neck popped. Got x rays, everything came back normal, then my headaches stopped literally after the doctors appointment. It's like hearing the doctor say my neck is fine made me stop worrying about it and them boom no headaches. But now it's all about my heart and lungs. I pay attention to my heartbeat all the time now and I convince myself it's skipping a beat, beating too fast, etc. I also had a minor pain when breathing and I immediately began worrying about a clot in my lung which spiraled into it becoming harder to breath, not being able to take full breaths etc. It's like a never ending nightmare

My anxiety is back again unfortunately. I went and saw a doctor bc of.head pains bc I hit my head, and when I did my neck popped. Got x rays, everything came back normal, then my headaches stopped literally after the doctors appointment. It's like hearing the doctor say my neck is fine made me stop worrying about it and them boom no headaches. But now it's all about my heart and lungs. I pay attention to my heartbeat all the time now and I convince myself it's skipping a beat, beating too fast, etc. I also had a minor pain when breathing and I immediately began worrying about a clot in my lung which spiraled into it becoming harder to breath, not being able to take full breaths etc. It's like a never ending nightmare

Prayers for you.

I just had a sharp pain under my right rib when breathing. I had to take short breaths for it to finally stop, I'm breathing fine now no pain. I've had that happen before a few times, but it always goes away then randomly happens again another day.

I just had a sharp pain under my right rib when breathing. I had to take short breaths for it to finally stop, I'm breathing fine now no pain. I've had that happen before a few times, but it always goes away then randomly happens again another day.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you considered seeing a counselor?

Yeah I have but it's really expensive isn't it? I can afford it I just like to think I can overcome this on my own

I'm 65 now. Growing up I'd get those "catches" in my breathing where it really hurt. I'd also have to take short breaths until the pain went away and I felt OK. Docs never found anything and all told me not to worry. One called it "something-or-other Catch Syndrome" and just don't let it bother me, I'd probably grow out of it. They got more and more infrequent and somrtime after high school they just stopped.

OK...I looked it up

PCS...Precordial Catch Syndrome

Look it up, might be you. Talk to your doctor.

Reactions: 1 person
Practice occupying your mind with other things that make you happy when your thoughts start to doodlebug around things that make you anxious. Make it something you really like. Music. A particular movie. e.g. Unlearn the habit of worrying. Learn the habit of being happy. Here's some links. Get a book on happiness. Start a happiness journal. Find your own way to fill your mind with positivity.

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/5-ways-to-make-happiness-a-habit/

How to Create a Happiness Habit in 20 Minutes a Day

I appreciate all that very much that's a huge help honestly I have the most peace of mind when I'm working or playing my video games. I forget about the pains during that time then I'll think hmmmmmmm that's weird my chest isn't hurting or something then just like that the pains occur. It's pretty amazing actually although it controls my every day life to an extent

I appreciate all that very much that's a huge help honestly I have the most peace of mind when I'm working or playing my video games. I forget about the pains during that time then I'll think hmmmmmmm that's weird my chest isn't hurting or something then just like that the pains occur. It's pretty amazing actually although it controls my every day life to an extent

Not going into your history, but if you have some trauma, find a therapist that specializes in EMDR, have a few sessions of it and see if it helps. There's usually something underlying that drives the anxiety, and if you can come to terms and resolve it, it helps the anxiety tremendously.

My question is can anxiety make me feel pains that aren't real? I've noticed after shifting my attention from my stomach to my head my stomach pain has stopped and now I get these minor head pains. I also don't notice the pains when I'm occupied by something else or not thinking about them

Yes, it can cause heart palpitations, unexplained pain, fatigue...countless small ailments. Part of it.

Ask your Dr. about propanol. Worked for me.

Didn't even think about that. My wife takes it for anxiety. Low dose. The mechanism for anyone curious is that it blocks the flight fight or freeze response - epinephrine / norepinephrine (adrenaline, noradrenaline) at the beta 1&2 adrenergic receptors, so it keeps you from getting that "rush" so to speak.

Didn't even think about that. My wife takes it for anxiety. Low dose. The mechanism for anyone curious is that it blocks the flight fight or freeze response - epinephrine / norepinephrine (adrenaline, noradrenaline) at the beta 1&2 adrenergic receptors, so it keeps you from getting that "rush" so to speak.

My Dr. Prescribed it to me when I was in school. I was having to do a lot of presentations and I get real nervous with public speaking. I have some social anxiety and this really helped.
He also said it was non addictive so that was a plus.

My Dr. Prescribed it to me when I was in school. I was having to do a lot of presentations and I get real nervous with public speaking. I have some social anxiety and this really helped.
He also said it was non addictive so that was a plus.

That's actually pretty common. I'very heard of a few people that take it for public speaking, or if they're getting in front of a class to teach. Blood pressure meds is all it is.

I recently came across what I believe might be the best current publication for the treatment of generalized anxiety and panic. I may have previously recommended some of the author's earlier online resources. For those eager for relief without medication, check it out:

Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks
Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks: Barry McDonagh: 9780956596253: Amazon.com: Books

Just read through an article about this, and it sounds pretty similar to what I reasoned out to stop taking all anxiety medication and overcome a pretty bad case of GAD. From my experience this book offers legit advice that can really help people if they commit to it.

Just read through an article about this, and it sounds pretty similar to what I reasoned out to stop taking all anxiety medication and overcome a pretty bad case of GAD. From my experience this book offers legit advice that can really help people if they commit to it.

Yes, the general idea is not a novel treatment concept: recognize anxious sensations and thoughts, learn to allow/accept them as uncomfortable but harmless, and challenge them/put your mind back in control. The author does present the technique in a very understandable and practical manner, which would be useful in crunch-time for an anxiety-sufferer.

Ask your Dr. about propanol. Worked for me.

Propanolol. Propanol is just an OH group hanging on the end of a propane chain. C3OH8 is propanol and propanolol, the anxiety drug, is C16NO2H21. Couple of aromatic rings mixed in with propanolol as well, like most drugs have just for the lipophilicity. Sorry, I got a Chem degree so just trying to help to avoid confusion at the Dr. Good luck though, I've been battling depression and anxiety since my late teens. Meditation, exercise and introspection have seemed to help me more than any of the various meds I've been prescribed over the years. Not discounting the support meds can give, just trying to share what worked for me. Hope it gets better.

VN Store

Back