Windy's football discussion thread.

He wasn't in play last time.
Instead of saying no thanks he asked for ridiculous money thinking there was no way we'd come up with it. We came up with it. He then asked for ridiculous assistance Money. We came up with that too.
The day after CBJ was hired Gruden met in Knoxville with the boosters to apologize in person for not just simply saying "no thanks".
I've not been told this but can only assume the #1 target that said "no" the day after Ga was Gruden.

If we dicussed $ then he was in play. This has been stated by several local media members hyams, griffith, strange, basilio, etc. Now you can argue to the extent of how much he was a candidate fine. My point was yes its a long shot, yes it probably wouldn't happen but to say it had 100% no chance IMO is wrong. The popular opinion always seems to be that we go after the bargain basement hire & thats just not true. I have NO knowledge of the inner workings nor do I claim to, however if you yourself acknowledge that there were at least conversations then he was at least in play from our side.
The Gruden thread is for fun. I think fans are tired of everything associated with UT athletics stinking. The G thread allows us to get away from that & have hope that things will get better. Sports are supposed to be a distraction from the perils of everyday life not contribute to them. I just want to root for my team to win but the GA game was the turning point for me. Wanting wins goes against wanting the coach gone. An interim coach would help a lot in this regard.

Reactions: 1 person

3b2e7ed58b92ca33f77c5ffb7e263ee7.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we dicussed $ then he was in play. This has been stated by several local media members hyams, griffith, strange, basilio, etc. Now you can argue to the extent of how much he was a candidate fine. My point was yes its a long shot, yes it probably wouldn't happen but to say it had 100% no chance IMO is wrong. The popular opinion always seems to be that we go after the bargain basement hire & thats just not true. I have NO knowledge of the inner workings nor do I claim to, however if you yourself acknowledge that there were at least conversations then he was at least in play from our side.
The Gruden thread is for fun. I think fans are tired of everything associated with UT athletics stinking. The G thread allows us to get away from that & have hope that things will get better. Sports are supposed to be a distraction from the perils of everyday life not contribute to them. I just want to root for my team to win but the GA game was the turning point for me. Wanting wins goes against wanting the coach gone. An interim coach would help a lot in this regard.

I can confirm that we will not be going the cheap route this time. At least not at first.

M8,
Would you really want a guy who's heart isn't in it and has to be begged to take the job.

If thats the case then no. But things change & people change. He said he plans to coach again as recently as a couple of months ago. Thats good enough for me to have hope that it will be here. Right now thats all most of us are looking for is some sign its going to get better.

I agree and am having a blast

M8,
Would you really want a guy who's heart isn't in it and has to be begged to take the job.

I worked for years for a guy I didn't like and his company was a piece of crap... but I did it for the families I served

I would take a Gruden that way any day as verses some of these recent hires

I posted this in the Gruden tread and is my honest opinion

Most of us in here know the chance of landing Gruden is very slim, but if there is a chance we MUST take it.......... When I married my wife she was a long shot for someone like me and deserved much better...... BUT if I had never taken a chance and asked, I would have not married her and she certainly could have married someone else...

We now have 2 children and five grandchildren and have been married for 46 years... It all happened because I took a chance..

That is all I hope for from Currie and company..... shoot for the stars, take a chance who knows what will happen

If thats the case then no. But things change & people change. He said he plans to coach again as recently as a couple of months ago. Thats good enough for me to have hope that it will be here. Right now thats all most of us are looking for is some sign its going to get better.

I'm just glad they're willing to spend this time.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back