Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
INVOL my dad got a diagnosis change today. Unable to do an MRI so neurologist diagnosed him with Alzheimer's about 4 years ago. His symptoms are similar but add in seizures and blood pressure issues.

Finally got a neurologist to listen today and agreed with Lewy Body dementia.

It's not better for him. In fact, seven year life expectancy from onset.

Has really declined lately.

INVOL my dad got a diagnosis change today. Unable to do an MRI so neurologist diagnosed him with Alzheimer's about 4 years ago. His symptoms are similar but add in seizures and blood pressure issues.

Dementia is one of the worst diseases to see a family member go through. Sorry to hear it. Praying for you guys

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for the update. Heard about LBD at a Alzheimer's workshop. Do they treat it differently? Regardless, it's terrible. I think about you/him often.

My mom is still hanging on. Still knows all close family members but I've noticed some things lately. Getting me and dad confused. Asking if dad is her husband. It's a gut punch when those things occur.

Thanks for the update. Heard about LBD at a Alzheimer's workshop. Do they treat it differently? Regardless, it's terrible. I think about you/him often.

My mom is still hanging on. Still knows all close family members but I've noticed some things lately. Getting me and dad confused. Asking if dad is her husband. It's a gut punch when those things occur.

Another the associated with LBD is hallucinations. My dad does this frequently. It's difficult to watch. Spent years helping people but helplessly watching this unfold.

I will definitely keep praying for your mom and you. I know what y'all are going through and it's awful.

Praying for your situation as well as InVOL's. More importantly - be sure and take care of yourselves as you know how stressful this is on families.

My mother-in-law's was Frontotemporal. In more specific terms it was PPA (Primary Progressive Aphasia), semantic. Words were infrequent and sentences were gone for years before she passed. It was an awful 10 years. But she is in heaven now and all is well.

Praying for your situation as well as InVOL's. More importantly - be sure and take care of yourselves as you know how stressful this is on families.

My mother-in-law's was Frontotemporal. In more specific terms it was PPA (Primary Progressive Aphasia), semantic. Words were infrequent and sentences were gone for years before she passed. It was an awful 10 years. But she is in heaven now and all is well.
Thanks man. Admittedly I don't deal well with this situation.

Another the associated with LBD is hallucinations. My dad does this frequently. It's difficult to watch. Spent years helping people but helplessly watching this unfold.

I will definitely keep praying for your mom and you. I know what y'all are going through and it's awful.

Appreciate it. We definitely need all the T&P we can get.

Mom has false memories. We used to try and correct her but now we just roll with it.

Last edited:

Thanks!

Thanks man. Admittedly I don't deal well with this situation.

None of this was God's intent for his creation. The frustration can get to us when we can't do anything to help somebody we care about so deeply. Like watching my dad dwindle to nothing over a 5 year period from cancer at the same time my mother-in-law was losing herself. Praying for your peace, brother.

For you newt:

Attachments

• IMG_20171010_093343.jpg
    IMG_20171010_093343.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20171010_143832.jpg
    IMG_20171010_143832.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20171010_143811.jpg
    IMG_20171010_143811.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20171010_143822.jpg