Anyone else not seeing avatars?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I’ve seen two people mention an issue. I’m looking for details.

I’ve seen two people mention an issue. I’m looking for details.
I may be one of those two and when I mentioned the other day it might be on my end, I found I was wrong. I have issues at our HOA office PC and 2 other personal pc's.

If it helps....it was about a week ago when it started on my end out of the blue. I say that because I tend not to do any Win10 or IE11 updates of late due how crappy Microsoft has gotten with the quality !

There are probably more that I have not run across but I can see members "05 never again" and "FBtime" but most threads have a little square with an X inside it on all members avatars !

I may be one of those two and when I mentioned the other day it might be on my end, I found I was wrong. I have issues at our HOA office PC and 2 other personal pc's.

If it helps....it was about a week ago when it started on my end out of the blue. I say that because I tend not to do any Win10 or IE11 updates of late due how crappy Microsoft has gotten with the quality !

There are probably more that I have not run across but I can see members "05 never again" and "FBtime" but most threads have a little square with an X inside it on all members avatars !

That’s really weird that it seems to be affecting only a couple of people.

You would know way better than I but even if not many come to the Help forum, you would think other popular forums would at least have a post where members comment about missing avatars ?

Perhaps I should feel lucky ?? :)

Have no problem seeing them with the Microsoft Edge browser if that helps !
just IE 11 on Win 10 and what ever IE version is on Win 8 at our HOA office !

Last edited:
I'll add that I have issues on another PC running XP with IE 8 installed. I also have other forums I frequent that use gif's for avatars and they are fine. Crazy thing is, some gifs(avatars or just gifs) on this site on either PC do display but the majority don't. I'll not use it to post but I did the no no and created another account to see if it was cookie, code or account related....nope !

Besides VolzMan53, what browsers are others using?

I'll add that I have issues on another PC running XP with IE 8 installed. I also have other forums I frequent that use gif's for avatars and they are fine. Crazy thing is, some gifs(avatars or just gifs) on this site on either PC do display but the majority don't. I'll not use it to post but I did the no no and created another account to see if it was cookie, code or account related....nope !

I believe mine is IE11 and on other websites I can see avatars and can post them. If I use Chrome for Volnation, I can see the avatars but haven't quite learned how to post them.

And just a note, seems I get quirky here, like on WBIR and Johnson City Press because of so many adds and etc..

Last edited:
When did this happen? Can you provide any details? Mobile or desktop? Which browser? Etc.

Thanks peach. :hi:

Hi Freak, it started like a couple weeks ago, I logged on and bam no avatars, even mine I can't see but can post my pics and gifs. It's desktop.. On my phone and tablet, I can see the avatars just fine. As I stated below, I believe it's IE11

Last edited:
I'm IE11 and seem to see only Mods and maybe a very few others. About 98% are not shown. Will try Edge and if any different will report.

Avatars visible with MSEdge. Hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Freak, it's been since the Florida game for me...
I thought it was something due to heavy traffic, I'm using IE for a browser....

Just went to Google chrome and see avatars

Negative, as mentioned earlier, XP with IE 8 also !

Freak, it's been since the Florida game for me...
I thought it was something due to heavy traffic, I'm using IE for a browser....

Just went to Google chrome and see avatars

I haven't used IE in years but I'll see if I can load up a copy and determine what it's not liking. I like the Edge browser in Windows much better.

VN Store

Back