The Official NBA Forum Vols Football Thread

Not sure which is worse; the extreme Nega Vols or the Extreme Sunshine Pumpers. Both annoy the s*** out of me.

I've definitely tried to see the good in Butch. I wanted him to succeed, but it's obvious that he's not the guy. If Currie doesn't act swiftly before or soon after the conclusion of this season, it won't end well.

I've definitely tried to see the good in Butch. I wanted him to succeed, but it's obvious that he's not the guy. If Currie doesn't act swiftly before or soon after the conclusion of this season, it won't end well.

I'm afraid he's going to end up in that sweet spot where he isn't terrible enough to fire but isn't good enough to win championships. The way he talks he's desperately trying to get the fanbase to buy that 8-4 is awesome, but that will not fly.

I'm afraid he's going to end up in that sweet spot where he isn't terrible enough to fire but isn't good enough to win championships. The way he talks he's desperately trying to get the fanbase to buy that 8-4 is awesome, but that will not fly.

I'm afraid of it too. I'm also afraid that he's going to do just well enough to get another year. I would prefer being 5-7 or 10-2. Nothing in between.

Imagine he wins 8 or 9 but that includes beating Bama. Now that'd be an interesting situation. I'm always reminded of when UK finally beat UT it was a relief, but in a weird way helped extend Jokers' stay here which most fans didn't want.

Imagine he wins 8 or 9 but that includes beating Bama. Now that'd be an interesting situation. I'm always reminded of when UK finally beat UT it was a relief, but in a weird way helped extend Jokers' stay here which most fans didn't want.

Beating Alabama would go a long way, but knowing him he'll beat them but lose to UK.

I'm seeing on the main FF that some of our players are disgusted with Butch. Namely Byrd, Wiggins, and George. Losing the team is a one way ticket out of here and the season will be spent into a downward spiral.

I'm seeing on the main FF that some of our players are disgusted with Butch. Namely Byrd, Wiggins, and George. Losing the team is a one way ticket out of here and the season will be spent into a downward spiral.

Haven't seen that but it wouldn't surprise me.

Too lazy but does anyone have a list of all the players that have left the program since Butch was here? Maybe not counting when he arrived in January of year one but all the others. If I had a guess it would be around 20

Too lazy but does anyone have a list of all the players that have left the program since Butch was here? Maybe not counting when he arrived in January of year one but all the others. If I had a guess it would be around 20

Class of 2013
Branisel Transfer
Brown Transfer
Jones Transfer
Swafford Left Football (Injuries?)
Jenkins Transfer
Ferguson (Quit/Transfer)
Miller (Transfer)
Carr (Transfer)
Carter (Transfer)
L. Johnson (Transfer?)

Hurd Quit
Hendrix Transfer
Helm Transfer
Scott Transfer
Payne Transfer
Sawyers Transfer
Henderson Academic Issues
Paulk Dismissed
Wharton Transfer
Mixon Transfer
Creamer Transfer
Raulerson Transfer

Williams Transfer
Jones Transfer
Butcher Left Football (Injuries)
Oliver Transfer (Off-field Issues)
Griffin Left Program
Perry Academic Issues
Miller Left Program
Bruce Left Program
Townsend Transfer?
Young Left Football (Injuries)
Stewart Left Football

McDaniel Transfer
Lewis Left Program
Henderson Academics

I would imagine it's up there. No idea if there's a list out there for SEC schools cause it'd be a lot of work. I put the UT one together in between work this morning.

WELL damn dude, thanks for putting in the time. I really do appreciate it. It does appear to be a bit on the excessive side to me but I'll admit I'm myopic on this. Again, thanks for taking the time to do the research.

It's on the higher end but usually around 50% of a class will still be together by their senior year

I guess that is more of the trend now and I understand why if football is the end game for an athlete. Would be nice to see the data from say 1990-2000 and compare decades up until now.

Side note, to little cat. Please don't do that as I don't want your boss to fire you.

I guess that is more of the trend now and I understand why if football is the end game for an athlete. Would be nice to see the data from say 1990-2000 and compare decades up until now.

Side note, to little cat. Please don't do that as I don't want your boss to fire you.

I think today's social media age has made players more likely to transfer. The whole recruiting process in itself is awful for kids bc they get their ass kissed all throughout the process by coaches, fans, and then reality hits once they reach campus

I think today's social media age has made players more likely to transfer. The whole recruiting process in itself is awful for kids bc they get their ass kissed all throughout the process by coaches, fans, and then reality hits once they reach campus

Recruiting is insane now. Youve got millions of fans who know everything about random 3 star prospects, who will most likely never ammount to anything at the college level. In days gone by, there were only a handfull of high school players anyone ever heard about any given year.

And fans follow these kids with certainty theyre gonna be stars. Its ridiculous.

Recruiting is insane now. Youve got millions of fans who know everything about random 3 star prospects, who will most likely never ammount to anything at the college level. In days gone by, there were only a handfull of high school players anyone ever heard about any given year.

And fans follow these kids with certainty theyre gonna be stars. Its ridiculous.

Adults following the every move of kids is creepy as hell.

Reactions: 1 person
WELL damn dude, thanks for putting in the time. I really do appreciate it. It does appear to be a bit on the excessive side to me but I'll admit I'm myopic on this. Again, thanks for taking the time to do the research.

No problem, anything to pass the time between meetings.

VN Store

Back