Atlanta Braves Thread - Ryan Klesko Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember we had a coach that in press conferences was known because he held players and coaches accountable. The fan base loved that because he didn't make excuses.

His name was Derek Dooley.

Scotty loves him some derek dooley

He doesn't say anything without having thought about it, but he says a whole lot of sh!t without having thought about it.

I just want to beat Florida. If all those suspensions and injuries hold, there's not an excuse in the world for not boat-racing those chumps.

Not a fan of this meaningless inning for Sims. If he's close enough to out of innings to move him from the rotation just shut him down

He went out of his way by having that specific stat prepared in the first place. You don't know the number of players on your team who have played a game at Florida off the top of your head. He went into the press conference with that exact number researched so he could mention it specifically.

Again, I'd rather just hear him be accountable and confident. Not referencing stats that can easily be misconstrued as excuses.

It’s a talking point. That’s all. It’s only an excuse if we lose. And if we lose I don’t care about excuses from him.

I get it. Just not to the point that someone rushes to start a thread every time Butch speaks.

Hell, Butch knows the reactions he gets for this crap. I’ve just about convinced myself he’s trolling everybody at this point. Lol.

It’s a talking point. That’s all. It’s only an excuse if we lose. And if we lose I don’t care about excuses from him.

I get it. Just not to the point that someone rushes to start a thread every time Butch speaks.

Hell, Butch knows the reactions he gets for this crap. I’ve just about convinced myself he’s trolling everybody at this point. Lol.

I understand. It gets a little overboard. This one just struck a nerve with me.

Ultimately it's going to be about wins and losses this year. We should not lose this weekend, and yet I have no confidence we will win. And that's probably why I keyed in on the comment.

I understand. It gets a little overboard. This one just struck a nerve with me.

Ultimately it's going to be about wins and losses this year. We should not lose this weekend, and yet I have no confidence we will win. And that's probably why I keyed in on the comment.

We should win, but I’m not confident either. And that probably has more to do with the history of this series than anything about these two teams specifically.

At the end of the day it's a bunch of emotional 18-22 year olds playing 60 minutes. Anything could be weighing on any player and anything can happen. If you hate butch you hate him. Winning by 50 Saturday won't change it.

I am starting to believe our fan base is the worst

I use to believe this line of thinking was silly. That people only have that opinion because this is the fan base we are most exposed to. They're all bad, we just hear the most from this one.

But now I'm with you. The number of "Tennessee fans" that would prefer us to lose is insane. Like losing is gonna get butch fired and automatically restore the glory of a half decade run like it's our birthright when in actuality WE WILL GET WORSE.

I use to believe this line of thinking was silly. That people only have that opinion because this is the fan base we are most exposed to. They're all bad, we just hear the most from this one.

But now I'm with you. The number of "Tennessee fans" that would prefer us to lose is insane. Like losing is gonna get butch fired and automatically restore the glory of a half decade run like it's our birthright when in actuality WE WILL GET WORSE.

I never want us to lose under any circumstance. Georgia offed Richt after winning double digit games almost or near the majority of his tenure. All because he couldn't win the SEC. Nothing at all wrong to strive for better. The goal is and should always be to win the East (despite Butch saying it wasn't last year) and compete for the SEC championship. To me, 9 wins, 6 wins, or 4 wins is MOOT without at least a division title. Butch will never be that guy, it's like trying to find a QB in the NFL, if your incumbent can't win the big games, you're constantly searching for who can win those big games. Ill never understand being content with a booger because your last coach was a turd mind set. It's defeatist.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope no one here thinks I am cheering for us to lose. I don't care for Jones and I don't think he's the guy, but I'd be happy for him to make a believer out of me. I want to win. I just don't think we should be happy with 8 wins a season and act like it's ok.

restore the glory of a half decade run like it's our birthright

I want to remind you that we are more than a team that did exceptionally well for a "half decade run". Only one team has more SEC Championships. And 12th to 13th in all time wins and wins %.

I understand things change, but college football is also cyclical.

I want to remind you that we are more than a team that did exceptionally well for a "half decade run". Only one team has more SEC Championships. And 12th to 13th in all time wins and wins %.

I understand things change, but college football is also cyclical.

Great reminder. I had no idea.

I'm 29 and barely care about the 90s. I can assure no one 14-18 cares about anything that happened before then.

If there's no difference in 9 wins and 4 wins you may want to find another hobby

Wow you really love your outback and belk bowls.

Missing the point. If you don't win the East it doesn't matter how many games you win. Winning battles, but losing the War, tallest midget et al.

If winning 9 games makes you feel justifiable, when 33% of those wins are against Indiana State, UMass, and Southern Miss, you may want to find another hobby.

This isn't mid 90's anymore bro, back when 9 wins carried water because it was all Power 5 games. There is a reason why the non-arbitrary number of 6 got you in bowl game in those days.

Reactions: 1 person
The last time Tennessee fell ass backwards into in the SEC title game Erik Ainge was throwing TD passes directly to Jonathan Xenon (who played for LSU).

It's 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back