New Baseball Commit- Hunter Gray

CTV going into the state of Missouri. Look for him to continue to get top players from there. He has many relationships and lots of respect in that state.

Reactions: 1 person
What's your opinion,guys, of CTV's recruiting? Short term and long range.
I don't keep up with baseball recruiting, but sounds like he's all in this thing.

I don't keep up with baseball recruiting, but sounds like he's all in this thing.

I think he is killing it. Especially so quick. Just got to get them to campus now.

I look at the 2018 class as his real 1st class. According to PG we are ranked at 21 which isn't bad until you look at the Average Player ranks. 4.47 is the lowest of any team in the top 25.

UF and VU's average player ranking is 10+.

This suggests that our ranking of #21 has more to do with the quantity (19) than the quality.

Coach Serrano was fairly regularly in the top 25, but it was the same issue usually.

This is not meant to put a damper on the recruiting effort being put forth by any means, just a dose of reality. It's going to be about development of players and hopefully CV sees something in these guys that PG does not.

GBO!!!

I look at the 2018 class as his real 1st class. According to PG we are ranked at 21 which isn't bad until you look at the Average Player ranks. 4.47 is the lowest of any team in the top 25.

This suggests that our ranking of #21 has more to do with the quantity (19) than the quality.

Coach Serrano was fairly regularly in the top 25, but it was the same issue usually.

This is not meant to put a damper on the recruiting effort being put forth by any means, just a dose of reality. It's going to be about development of players and hopefully CV sees something in these guys that PG does not.

GBO!!!
The true indicator of the ranking will be in the fall of 2018. True that Vanderbilt and Florida has a higher average ranking but reality is most of those guys won't make it to campus because of the draft. When a coach is putting together a class he has to keep that in mind. No use putting tons of time , effort, and scholarship money promised to someone who everyone knows won't make it to campus and will sign. Two players to keep an eye on for a possibility of being selected high in the draft in the 18 class are Mitchell Parker and Sean Guilbe. Also in baseball a lot of kids commit very early so he was playing catch up a tad for the 18 class. The 19 class is when you will see the true dividends of the recruiting jump. For what it's worth his 2017 class at Arkansas finished up at #3 in the country at Arkansas.

GBO!!!

The 18 class shouldn't be a measuring stick. That class was already mostly gone when he was hired

GBO!!!

We appear to be using the same method of recruiting as Van Horn at Arkansas.

VN Store

Back