ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers

They canned Hank Williams for comparing Obama to Hitler.

Rush Limbaugh was run off for saying McNabb sucked.

Schilling was fired for comparing radical
Islam to nazism and being on the wrong side of the bathroom bill.

What's the difference here?

Ok Limbaugh was fired because he said McNabb was receiving credit because he was black...while on air at ESPN.

Schilling was given numerous warnings about what he said about Muslims, Obama etc. He was fired because he did not take those warnings seriously and continued to spout off at the mouth (it's kinda what he does).

Hank Jr said of a golf outing between Obama and John Boehner.."It would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli leader) Benjamin Netanyahu," said Williams. He then went on to call Obama and Biden "The enemy"

I don't think what Jamele Hill said was appropriate but it's not a reason to fire her.

Ok Limbaugh was fired because he said McNabb was receiving credit because he was black...while on air at ESPN.

Schilling was given numerous warnings about what he said about Muslims, Obama etc. He was fired because he did not take those warnings seriously and continued to spout off at the mouth (it's kinda what he does).

Hank Jr said of a golf outing between Obama and John Boehner.."It would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli leader) Benjamin Netanyahu," said Williams. He then went on to call Obama and Biden "The enemy"

I don't think what Jamele Hill said was appropriate but it's not a reason to fire her.

Rush said McNabb was given more credit than he should receive because the media wants to see a black quarterback succeed.

That is true.

This dumb ***** directly accused the president of something he isn't. Weird, right?

Reactions: 1 person
Rush said McNabb was given more credit than he should receive because the media wants to see a black quarterback succeed.

That is true.

This dumb ***** directly accused the president of something he isn't. Weird, right?

I'm not saying what she said was right but she didn't sit on national TV and say it. Rush flat out said that on air on ESPN. Those are 2 different scenarios

I'm not saying what she said was right but she didn't sit on national TV and say it. Rush flat out said that on air on ESPN. Those are 2 different scenarios

What Rush said is true and it he wasn't bashing anyone, really talking about the media. Not to mention this was an NFL quarterback, not the president.

A white tv host at espn says Obama is a black power, black panther, black supremacist and that host is toast.

Reactions: 2 people
What Rush said is true and it he wasn't bashing anyone, really talking about the media. Not to mention this was an NFL quarterback, not the president.

A white tv host at espn says Obama is a black power, black panther, black supremacist and that host is toast.

What Rush said was his opinion and he based his opinion on the color of someone's skin. DM was a good QB who took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. He was a good player and it wasn't because he was black. (Opinion)

Your 2nd statement is hypothetical...it's a what if and you're assuming what might happen

What Rush said was his opinion and he based his opinion on the color of someone's skin. DM was a good QB who took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. He was a good player and it wasn't because he was black. (Opinion)

Your 2nd statement is hypothetical...it's a what if and you're assuming what might happen

You know the second statement is correct. They fired people for far less, which has already been pointed out.

He said DM was hyped more than he shouldn't be because the media wanted a black qb to succeed. The media absolutely wants a black quarterback to succeed because they're black. You should start paying attention to things.

You know the second statement is correct. They fired people for far less, which has already been pointed out.

He said DM was hyped more than he shouldn't be because the media wanted a black qb to succeed. The media absolutely wants a black quarterback to succeed because they're black. You should start paying attention to things.

They may have fired people for far less but your statement is hypothetical....it never happened so no one knows what would have been done. You're just making assumptions to try and prove your point, which you can't.

As far as the media hyping black QB's because they want a black QB to succeed..No QB in the NFL is hyped more than Tom Brady (which is deserved)

As far as college goes, I think that is different. A whole lot of college QB's are athletes running the spread. I don't pay much attention to who is hyped because basically it's whoever is running the show for the big name schools

.how would rate a QB? Wins, passing stats, TD/INT ratio??? Who is more valuable to his team?? I mean who should be hyped?? Fantasy football has changed a lot of who gets the most publicity. You get a guy like Cam or Dak who can beat with their legs and arm it's gonna get more publicity on the fantasy level.

Last edited:
I think media outlets are hedging their bets that the editorial perspective that many have chosen to follow will be more widely accepted in the future. They are still in the coastal elite echo chamber and will do whatever it takes to rationalize that they are on the right path.

I know how I have been my entire life. That's why I always comfortable no matter what color I am around. That said, Darryl Strawberry got it right.

No it's not... you want to play the what if game to make your point. Jamel Hill was just practicing her freedom of speech rights and you want her fired. Is freedom of speech only appropriate for things you agree with???
Nope. She can talk all she wants about things not related to the interview or interviewee. And people like me... lots of people like me... are free to change the channel. And we are.

Hmmmmm wonder why ESPN is in trouble. I just can't figure it out. It's a sports channel. Men love sports. But yet it is failing. Doesn't make any sense.

Mediocre QB. He was the biggest reason they lost the SB.

It's a tough spot. I hate the left wing racist BS that ESPN has become and want to boycot it also.....but, doing so means missing a ton of games (UT & SEC). Remember, if your boycotting ESPN that means your boycotting SEC Network, everything Disney, everything Star Wars, Marvel Entertainment, ABC, A&E Network, History Chanel

VN Store

Back