"Shade Tree" 6 foot 8 inch 420LB DT at Sullivan Central

Reading the article, sounds like such a fine young man! Have a great season!!!

As long as he is the "best" he can be, his competition isn't too important.

Also, if the kid is a good player then he will rise to level of his competition.

Here's the scouting report I am getting about this kid:

Young, big, and slow. However, he has a good work ethic and is coachable. His skills are few but he is learning every day and getting better every day. Central isn't a great program, but he is someone to build around on defense. He's no Dan McCullers or Mount Cody, but he should be a good DII or small Tennessee DI product. He is compared to Prestion Frye, a 6"8" 350 lb guy back from Sullivan East in the late 2000s that went on to play at Austin Peay.

at 6' 8", 420 lbs, he is pretty much in a class by himself, regardless of competition.

Is Subway looking for a new spokesperson? That is heavier than any player ever needs to be. If he is that heavy at 15 or 16, what will he weigh at 30 or 40?

Not meant as derogatory, but he better have 6 or 8 friends in their own class. If he is as good a person as some have said, then he is worth keeping healthy. His friends can buy a beach umbrella.

UPDATE: I've gone to a couple of their games thinking they might pull out a win this year (not going to happen). He moves better than I thought, but everybody avoids him and just runs around him. I'd put him in at FB and run a guy behind him every play for 3 yards. G

VN Store

Back