Straight up, now tell me: win or lose?

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Simple question: do we beat Florida, or lose to them? Let's see where everyone stands now that all the hurricane uncertainty and prior week game distractions are out of the way.

Win? Or Lose?

Reactions: 2 people
Win.
4fc03c7acf74619b1c56f89542f2fb94.jpg

Reactions: 24 people
I hate reminders that the 90's were not as different as the 80's as my memory wants me to think.. fashion choices.

Honestly I have no idea I feel like there is not enough information out there to make a choice on win lose on anything but emotion.

1. The team that played Michigan was not UF or any version of that program I have seen in my life. Anyone expecting to see that team again will be sorely disappointed.
2. Florida has started slow like this the past decade and we as a fan base tend to fall for it then they beat us and roll on to win the SEC East. Check history its true and freely available with a quick google search.
3. With everything going on this team is more likely to be "ready" for us than any UF team ever. Rivalries change the rules. Adversity changes the rules. Disaster changes the rules. Its all about how a team handles these. Butch has proven his teams do have mental fortitude but do not play the big dog well. We play underdog great. When the line is against us we tend to play up.. maybe not to the expectations of the "we should win every game no matter what" crowd but we play above our heads when backs are against the wall.
4. For a lot of the above reasons this game reminds me of the Vandy game last year. The one game I think that Butch failed us on so far in his tenure. Hopefully they learned that no game is a win till clock hits 0 especially not a rivalry.

Last edited:
More importantly, do you really want to love me forever, or am I caught in a hit and run? Oh oh oh

Reactions: 5 people
Seems like it should be the easiest win against Florida that UT has had in a very long time. With that in mind, I'm reminded that UT still managed to lose against a 4-8 Florida team. I have a bad gut feeling.

Reactions: 5 people
Michigan came back to earth vs Cincy. I honestly don't believe UM's O is as good as UF made them look.

GT did the same with JSU. Their O didn't play nearly as well either in what they termed a "hangover game".

GT's O does not have the raw talent UM's does. OTOH, UM replaced practically everyone on D while GT returned almost everyone. UF was hapless on O no matter who played QB or RB. UT got into a groove in late 2nd qtr. GT couldn't stop them.

Just on the surface... UT looks to be in better shape.

UF probably could have used a cupcake to work out some of their QB issues. UT for whatever reasons was comfortable enough with QD to give "valuable reps" to the back up.... and to hold 1st rotation WR's out of the game to develop younger receivers.

IF... IF... UT sells out to pressure UF's QB's to the level UM pressured them then the Vols should win. If they try to play "catch" again on D... UF will "find its identity" on O. IF UT's OL holds the pocket and provides some running lanes then the Vol O will produce points.

I think this game comes down to the guys we aren't spending a lot of time talking about... both OL's vs both front 7's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
It's a playoff game. Winner is in, loser is out. They will be at home playing for home but many of our players have homes in Florida too. It will be a scrap. We win in the end.

We win. Personally, I feel we have more momentum going into this game. Need to start our own streak against UF. I have already purchased my three headed wolf shirt from amazon.com. Go Vols!

I know this will sound weird to many of you, but this will be a game of which is worse? Our d line or their Oline. This is where HOKE earns his paycheck. This game is on HOKE. The inside pass rush will be needed.

We win. Florida has only played one game, they're coming off of a hurricane and I think we have the better team.

VN Store

Back