Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

Wow. Everyone I know including myself thinks it absolutely blows the original away. I thought it would be more accepted here.

I am liking it. I don't know if I would say it is blowing me away. One of the nicest things about the first was there was plenty to do after the storyline without having to do PVP, which I hate. Haven't gotten that far yet to compare the after story aspect.

Wow. Everyone I know including myself thinks it absolutely blows the original away. I thought it would be more accepted here.

Campaign feels like Destiny 1.5 to me. Stand here and kill a few waves of enemies while your ghost does something or while something loads. Same enemies. Little variation so far. I'll get through the first time, but will hate it if I decide I want to run more than one character.

But I hated playing the D1 campaign for my other two characters after I finished the first time. Hated every second of the two other playthroughs.

Gonna have to do that with a friend.

Loving it so far..........I have only put a couple hours in so still doing the story. I am a Hunter this time around.

Never played the original (ducks from thrown objects) but I downloaded this one last night on recommendation from some buddies of mine. Can't wait to get home and put some time into it tonight. Any tips for a newbie?

Never played the original (ducks from thrown objects) but I downloaded this one last night on recommendation from some buddies of mine. Can't wait to get home and put some time into it tonight. Any tips for a newbie?

Say goodbye to your social life

I level capped earlier today on the Titan. Still have Io to go for campaign so don't have the preorder gun yet.

I gotta say I liked the previous weapon groups better. I am gonna feel downright nakid running around in crucible without my trusty shotty loaded and ready. But overall hey I've got new Destiny content to play! What's not to like!

On a side note earlier today I whirled around and snap shot a fallen captain in the face with my hand cannon and I could swear he yelled out "F$&K!" Sounded just like it. We all laughed hard. Looks like the mobs react the same way we do!

Edit: got the preorder gun. Hate it. Situational at best and burns thru ammo. Finished the mida quest line and have the mida, mini mida smg, and Hawthornes something shotty that has a ridiculous ROF. Found my crucible weapon set now!!!

Last edited:
jeez dude, get an easier name. I am LouderVol on Xbox1 too, feel free to add. I won't be in this weekend, pilgrimage to Knoxville and all. but I will look for you.

I'll add you, it may be tomorrow, Tuesday before I can add you.
Playing in the Gator Hater poker tournament at Down Town Brewery & Grill tonight. I was told 180 players tonight, the most they have ever had.
If I get out early, I'll add you tonight....:hi:

I have my power up to 267 or so, depends on the weapons.
Was trying to run the Nightfall strike by myself last night.
Pretty tuff by yourself since there's a time limit.

I have my power up to 267 or so, depends on the weapons.
Was trying to run the Nightfall strike by myself last night.
Pretty tuff by yourself since there's a time limit.

I'm guessing very few people right now can do the nightfall solo.

Heck, even with a team is can be a challenge until you get things down.

That Rat King exotic quest is no Joke, tried probably a dozen times yesterday doing it the cheesiest ways posssible before reverting back to just killing everything, skippipping the guys on the ship entrance ramp, and skipping the first tank.

We ended up finishing the nightfall with 7:35 left on the clock. Awesome gun, I can see it becoming a black spindle like weapon for the upcoming raid due to its stackable damage perk.

To anyone that hasn't done the mida quest yet, save your blue scout rifles. You'll thank me later. I had to grind for two days to get two more scout rifles to dismantle. The rest of the quest is easy tho.

Took us 3 try's to get it right. Keeping track of the changing burns is a must.

Bungie admitted the burn is supposed to be visible. It's a bug currently. I like the added challenge but imagine it'd be annoying at higher difficulties.

Last edited:
To anyone that hasn't done the mida quest yet, save your blue scout rifles. You'll thank me later. I had to grind for two days to get two more scout rifles to dismantle. The rest of the quest is easy tho.

More advice for the MIDA - Wait until you're at least 264 or 265 to do these quests (Mini and Mida). It's one of the rewards that will be higher light so make sure you're at the 265 plateau or better. Same for all 'powerful engrams' and end of campaign engram.

More advice for the MIDA - Wait until you're at least 264 or 265 to do these quests (Mini and Mida). It's one of the rewards that will be higher light so make sure you're at the 265 plateau or better. Same for all 'powerful engrams' and end of campaign engram.

I didn't think about that. I was above 265 when I completed the quest. I think it dropped at 282 for me when I got it.

Fun game. Got to 20 quickly which I like. Now grinding for exotics/legendary items. Really awesome game and I'm excited for the DLC.

VN Store

Back