Any news on Kirkland and Bituli

Nocleats

I haven't scanned every day but First I was a little surprised when CBJ said Kirkland and Bituli weren't ready to go for fall camp.?. I was made a little more reassured by those who said it was "minor" and both would only be out early. Vols have now finished almost 50% of fall camp!.. LB was the Achilles heal of the Defense last year, so yes I'm skittish.. Somebody talk me off the ledge!

Has been pretty quite on those 2...... Not sure if that is bad or good??? :confused:

Shoop said yesterday that Kirkland has stepped up to the level they expected over the last 3 practices. Bituli is banged up.

Because we can absorb injuries better then years past, and because the question isn't "are they going to score?" Of course they are. The question is "can we score more?"

We won't need a defense until late in the season and it will be rolling by then. We have a defensive guru at d coordinator and one of the best line coaches in the game. We have bodies to fill holes and freshmen can play dback all day.

We need an offensive line or this team is a dead duck. We either have an Oline and have an increadable season or we don't and people start jumping off gay street bridge and burning mattresses. There is no in between. No middle ground with the Oline. The D will be fine. We have bodies to fill holes this year. Even if you have average d it won't define your season. Your offense is your identity.

You need to have your eyes on the Oline. That's what's going to make or break us. The D will be fine this year.

Not sure how you can say the Defense will be fine. Too many injury prone players at DT and LB. There is no proven cover corner and there is still a lack of proven SEC speed at safety.

After last year, the defense's confidence can't bee good and they start season with an opponent where everyone has to be in position to do there part. This is a recipe for disaster with a group that couldn't even line up last year.

Defense is still the weakest link on the field and there are huge questions at all three levels of the defense.

Last years injury situation was an aberration that will never happen again in your lifetime. I haven't heard of a lot of injured players this year. Seems like they have a bunch of injured players coming back.

Reactions: 1 person
You need to have your eyes on the Oline. That's what's going to make or break us. The D will be fine this year.

Just my observation from afar; UT's offense was outstanding last year, tough to stop. The defense was pitiful.

Have there been enough new players added (or coming back) on defense to change this? And can the offense sustain with the returning/new players?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The self anointed "great recruiter" has recruited exactly zero outstanding linebackers.

DKr is an above average linebacker who, now that he is an upperclassman with two ankles, will be an outstanding player. Better than Johnson, in my opinion.

The rest of the crew obviously could use some work but I really don't think we have seen the best recruited LBs paying yet, Hater McGillicutty. Sapp & Bituli have yet to see the field and they have gotten pretty good reviews.

Last years injury situation was an aberration that will never happen again in your lifetime. I haven't heard of a lot of injured players this year. Seems like they have a bunch of injured players coming back.

You're correct. I heard on the Swain event that Tennessee had 52 starts lost to injury. The next closest was like 37

The self anointed "great recruiter" has recruited exactly zero outstanding linebackers.
:crazy:

When has CBJ "self-anointed" himself like that? It appears that some "self-anointed" recruiting experts fans don't know their lower posterior from a hole in the ground. If you don't like it, Coach Saban is always looking for people like you to kiss his................

GBO!!

Reactions: 6 people
:crazy:

When has CBJ "self-anointed" himself like that? It appears that some "self-anointed" recruiting experts fans don't know their lower posterior from a hole in the ground. If you don't like it, Coach Saban is always looking for people like you to kiss his................

GBO!!

Some people like to put words in others mouths.:p

I don't feel that recruiting of LB's is the problem, it seems to be more of a development of talent. That would be more of an indictment of Thigpen. He may be the next guy to go

VN Store

Back