'19 TN PF James Wiseman

And this is a much stronger draft, so it's very likely he would fall out of the first round.

Either way, like I said, NBA teams don't care about strength as much as people act like they do, because it's easily fixable. It's easier to build strength in the NBA than in college, because it's a full-time job with a) no restrictions on practice/workout time and b) no classes. Probably better strength coaches too

Unless he fell out of the first round, in which case he'd make absolutely nothing

He wouldnt fall out of the first round by staying. If anything he'd improve his draft stock and make more money on his rookie deal

He wouldnt fall out of the first round by staying. If anything he'd improve his draft stock and make more money on his rookie deal

Based on?

Oh, right, pure speculation. People said the same thing about Grayson Allen, and Marcus Paige, and James Michael McAdoo, and dozens of others. If he didn't come back significantly better, his draft stock would drop and drop quickly.

And this is a much stronger draft, so it's very likely he would fall out of the first round.

Either way, like I said, NBA teams don't care about strength as much as people act like they do, because it's easily fixable. It's easier to build strength in the NBA than in college, because it's a full-time job with a) no restrictions on practice/workout time and b) no classes. Probably better strength coaches too

Strength is not easily fixable with an 82 game season and practices in between. It's almost impossible to add weight in that scenario. You're also talking about a 20 year old kid playing against men versus kids his age. Strength training in the NBA is done in the offseason and that's more on the player than the organization.

Based on?

Oh, right, pure speculation. People said the same thing about Grayson Allen, and Marcus Paige, and James Michael McAdoo, and dozens of others. If he didn't come back significantly better, his draft stock would drop and drop quickly.

Lol Grayson Allen. Skal is 100% potential and if he refined his game in college he'd shoot up draft boards. Not many players in the world have Skal'sl length and athleticism but he clearly wasn't ready to contribute in the NBA. He was picked late 1st only because of upside

Lol Grayson Allen. Skal is 100% potential and if he refined his game in college he'd shoot up draft boards. Not many players in the world have Skal'sl length and athleticism but he clearly wasn't ready to contribute in the NBA. He was picked late 1st only because of upside

Anthony Davis was the most athletic big man UK has had in ages. I remember when some folks were saying he was too skinny to be an NBA player but he proved a lot of us wrong.

Anthony Davis was the most athletic big man UK has had in ages. I remember when some folks were saying he was too skinny to be an NBA player but he proved a lot of us wrong.

Surround yourself with smarter people if someone was telling you Anthony Davis wouldn't be an NBA player

Reactions: 1 person

And if he got another year older without realizing that upside, in a stronger draft, his draft stock absolutely drops. You don't get the same benefit of the doubt when you're no longer a freshman

Strength is not easily fixable with an 82 game season and practices in between. It's almost impossible to add weight in that scenario. You're also talking about a 20 year old kid playing against men versus kids his age. Strength training in the NBA is done in the offseason and that's more on the player than the organization.

Both seasons are November-March/April. The NBA has more games, but it's not like college players are building up their bodies in between games either. Both are primarily in the offseason and the NBA is better at it

I don't even disagree with you about strength being a little overrated the NBA. Skill is much more important and that's what Skal needed to work on. Skal was nowhere near ready to play in the NBA after his freshman year. Wiseman could be one and done even at his current weight depending on how his game looks once he's here.

I repeat if you have seen him you will realize that he can't put on that much good weight in that period of time. He makes Durrant look like Charles Atlas.
In 2 and a half years during the prime of puberty? I would bet he at least puts on 10-15 lbs in that time frame.

I think it is key to remember he is just a Soph in high school. He will get bigger and stronger over the next 2 years. Plus, Ensworth has one of the best strength programs at the high school level I have seen. Each student (not just athletes), have their own individual plans. It's not like he is in some broken down weight room like some of these schools have around here. He has access to state of the art (for high school) facilities and training right at his fingertips.

I think it is key to remember he is just a Soph in high school. He will get bigger and stronger over the next 2 years. Plus, Ensworth has one of the best strength programs at the high school level I have seen. Each student (not just athletes), have their own individual plans. It's not like he is in some broken down weight room like some of these schools have around here. He has access to state of the art (for high school) facilities and training right at his fingertips.

He will but he will still have a long way to go. Moving to the facilities at Ensworth they are better than some small colleges. The school philosophy is based on the ancient Greek philosophy of developing both body and mind. Any parent with the money should look into sending their child there. The school makes us public school folks just sit and cry.

978e0ccb7bff45fd608cc57b28fde012.png

80d52a31b819ac979373c6fb9a95bbf6.png

https://t.co/QyeUkCI9Si

I am hearing that Wiseman has just transferred to Memphis East. Anybody out there heard anything about it.

I am hearing that Wiseman has just transferred to Memphis East. Anybody out there heard anything about it.

I had heard this suggested a couple of weeks ago. He plays on Team Penny for his AAU team with a couple of East players, and Penny coaches at East.

Well, if true, u gotta think that hurts UT and helps Memphis

I am not sure how much we are really recruiting him. But I am not sure it really helps Memphis either, maybe a little bit. Tubby is not recruiting very well, and they appear not to be working hard to recruit high level kids. While Penny is their sponsor, two of the kids on his AAU team are Chandler Lawson and DJ Jeffries, Lawson's cousin. Obviously, Keelon Lawson left the Memphis staff last spring.

Tyler Harris is a high level PG from Memphis who dominated an out of town tournament last week, and he was quoted a month ago as saying Memphis wasn't recruiting him very hard. Tubby is not a popular man around here right now.

VN Store

Back