This well known secret would lead to fewer injuries and more wins

nesbuddha66

Orange Hands
Yoga.

I would love to know if Rock has em doing anything that even resembles it. Saw the tampa bay bucs doing it on the Hbo show hardknocks, and it dawned on me that our boys would damn well benefit from it if theyre not already doing it..

Dont believe me? Pull up some videos on youtube and spend 20 minutes doing it. Your back will stop hurting, you will feel more flexible and stronger after 2-3 sessions. My back pain was gone literally after the first 20 minutes I spent doing it.

Not to mention its the strongest and cheapest remedy for anxiety in existence. Its benefits the body and mind.

Its the future

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Yes I mean well known secret. Its both.

Many know it and use it, many seek it and need it badly and don't know its there

Far from my field of expertise but I'd think Incorporating yoga-type exercises into their conditioning definitely wouldn't be a bad thing.

Reactions: 2 people
I LOVE yoga...

UDfNJBQ.gif

pants!

Reactions: 19 people
These messages brought to you by Yogi Bera, because "Your back pain ain't over 'til the fat lady sings."

[copyright, Yogi Bera Yoga Enterprises, all rights reserved, not valid in some states, your mileage may vary, contents sold by weight, not volume, that's what she said]

Reactions: 8 people
Though regardless of how much yoga our players do or don't do, they will never look like this:

whats_not_to_love_about_yoga_pants_part_3_30.jpg

Not that I want them to either.

Reactions: 3 people
Yoga.

I would love to know if Rock has em doing anything that even resembles it. Saw the tampa bay bucs doing it on the Hbo show hardknocks, and it dawned on me that our boys would damn well benefit from it if theyre not already doing it..

Dont believe me? Pull up some videos on youtube and spend 20 minutes doing it. Your back will stop hurting, you will feel more flexible and stronger after 2-3 sessions. My back pain was gone literally after the first 20 minutes I spent doing it.

Not to mention its the strongest and cheapest remedy for anxiety in existence. Its benefits the body and mind.

Its the future

User name checks out

Reactions: 5 people
Flexibility is an often overlooked ingredient in explosiveness and injury prevention.

Weight training without equivalent flexibility training is just plain dumb. Im not talking about just stretching, it almost has to be on a yoga level.

I didnt do yoga but training mma and brazilian jiu-jitsu made me a believer. It gave me an amazing level of flexibility and quickness that allowed me at middle age to pull off athletic feats id never imagined i could do.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a believer. I hit a ceiling a few years ago as far as adding strength and pushing through maxes. Adding yoga in not only helped me press through those ceiling but also made me feel better than I've ever felt in my life. Stretching and the fact it hits different muscles and stabilizers that normal strength training doesn't.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading (and I think it was here) that our prior S&C coach was incorporating yoga into the team routine. Evidently what he prescribed didn't help much last yr.

Can't remember who it was but one of UT's OL's a few years ago incorporated dance into his routine to improve flexibility.

I think I remember seeing a Volfootball post last year showing them doing yoga. So I'm fairly certain they've been doing it, not sure for how long or if it's still being utilized.

Can't remember who it was but one of UT's OL's a few years ago incorporated dance into his routine to improve flexibility.

I believe they tried to incorporate ballet stretches back in 1979. How much injury prevention can be found by "coloring outside the lines" with the training regiment will never be realized without trying. In a contact sport, you are going to have injury. We can only hope it works.

VN Store

Back