Keeping up with the transfers

Al Freeman of Baylor is a graduate transfer student looking to transfer and he plays guard.

Could he be a backup option for CRB and his staff?

Both had a career average of 7.6 PPG. Davis is a better rebounder. This might be UCF's best season ever.

They will be even better next season with a decent incoming recruiting class plus what they have coming back. I would say instead of NIT bound next season it will probably be NCAAT time for the Scarlet Knights in 17-18 season.

Reactions: 1 person
Is negative, putrid **** the only thing that you can post? A.J. Davis is having a very good career. He's a lot like J.P. Prince except that A.J. shoots much more accurately and grabs more rebounds than J.P.

6'9" guards are "a dime a dozen"? GTFO.

Look I just never was impressed with him. Looked like just an average player to me. Nowhere near the caliber of JP. Not sure why you wanted to bring him into this.

You are right though he could have been used here for sure. Would loved to have seen him playing over Derek Reese. Or we could have just found another guy of the same caliber after he left.

Is negative, putrid **** the only thing that you can post? A.J. Davis is having a very good career. He's a lot like J.P. Prince except that A.J. shoots much more accurately and grabs more rebounds than J.P.

6'9" guards are "a dime a dozen"? GTFO.

Who is the last 6'9"+ 8ppg 7rpg guy that Tennessee has had, "dime a dozen" , major lulz.

Reactions: 2 people
Who is the last 6'9"+ 8ppg 7rpg guy that Tennessee has had, "dime a dozen" , major lulz.

Well if you take away the unnecessary height qualifier the answer is Armani Moore last year. Grant Williams is already a better player than AJ would ever have been here. Also, we play in the SEC and not in the AAC.

If you want to talk simply about quality of players which I was then yeah guys like AJ Davis are a dime a dozen.

Keep following me around looking to land a quality jab. You may hit eventually.

Armani Moore & Grant Williams (who don't meet the height criteria) were dime a dozen guys, who knew? This just keeps getting better :crazy:

Who did we beat out for those guys?

Didn't have to beat out the big dogs for them did we? Not a tough pull.

Guys like AJ are everywhere.

Who did we beat out for those guys?

Didn't have to beat out the big dogs for them did we? Not a tough pull.

Guys like AJ are everywhere.

Just because they didn't have elite offers makes them a dime a dozen, I don't agree with that logic? By that theory Damon Lillard and Steph Curry are dime a dozen guys guys as well because they didn't have elite offer lists?

To me offer lists and rankings don't mean crap once you get to college, just look at Swiperboy or Kwe Parker, now those guys are dime a dozen imo, but not yours simply because of offer lists and rankings from high school?

Just because they didn't have elite offers makes them a dime a dozen, I don't agree with that logic? By that theory Damon Lillard and Steph Curry are dime a dozen guys guys as well because they didn't have elite offer lists?

To me offer lists and rankings don't mean crap once you get to college, just look at Swiperboy or Kwe Parker, now those guys are dime a dozen imo, but not yours simply because of offer lists and rankings from high school?

Guys the caliber of AJ Davis are easily recruited and added. They are out there and attainable. That's my point. I would hope that Derrick Walker is at least the caliber of AJ Davis.

No need to look back at AJ Davis is a big loss. Just go recruit another one. He isn't Wayne Chism or JP Prince. He's an Armani Moore or a Derrick Walker. Just beat out a couple mid level teams for them. Boom. You e got a new AJ.

Guys the caliber of AJ Davis are easily recruited and added. They are out there and attainable. That's my point. I would hope that Derrick Walker is at least the caliber of AJ Davis.

No need to look back at AJ Davis is a big loss. Just go recruit another one. He isn't Wayne Chism or JP Prince. He's an Armani Moore or a Derrick Walker. Just beat out a couple mid level teams for them. Boom. You e got a new AJ.

Agree to disagree. Willie Carmichael & Jabari McGhee's are dime a dozen imo, AJ Davis looks like a guy who vey well could be a walking double double next year as a 6'9" point forward, to me that's not a dime a dozen guy or every team would have one or tow of those guys at least.

Agree to disagree. Willie Carmichael & Jabari McGhee's are dime a dozen imo, AJ Davis looks like a guy who vey well could be a walking double double next year as a 6'9" point forward, to me that's not a dime a dozen guy or every team would have one or tow of those guys at least.

Definitely agree with the bolded. Those guys are everywhere. AJ was better than both. But so was Armani and so is Grant.

One thing I've noticed is fans sometimes tend to think these guys who transfer out all blossom into good players when the reality is that they just aren't in front of our eyes anymore for us to see their play so we think they are better than what we've got.

If you want a new AJ Davis then you go out and recruit one. That doesn't mean I think he is the same as Reese, Carmichael or McGhee. He is better than all those guys. But I think there's plenty of AJ's out there that we can get. Especially if you are willing to give them 4 years to reach the level of play he has now reached.

Definitely agree with the bolded. Those guys are everywhere. AJ was better than both. But so was Armani and so is Grant.

One thing I've noticed is fans sometimes tend to think these guys who transfer out all blossom into good players when the reality is that they just aren't in front of our eyes anymore for us to see their play so we think they are better than what we've got.

If you want a new AJ Davis then you go out and recruit one. That doesn't mean I think he is the same as Reese, Carmichael or McGhee. He is better than all those guys. But I think there's plenty of AJ's out there that we can get. Especially if you are willing to give them 4 years to reach the level of play he has now reached.

I agree with all that, and not saying I think AJ leaving was some monumental loss for us either or anything, just think he could've helped last year but so could have a lot of guys.

I just in general disagreed with the dime a dozen definition but that's not a big deal. To me guys who all conference teams aren't dime a dozen, they may not be lottery picks or elite players but to me dime a dozen are your 12th & 13th bench guys who rarely see the court.

He's a Junior.

Rumor on Memphis radio yesterday is that Markel Crawford is going to be a graduate transfer. Would be a nice addition, but he probably wants to find a team that has a better chance of reaching the NCAAT.

Rumor on Memphis radio yesterday is that Markel Crawford is going to be a graduate transfer. Would be a nice addition, but he probably wants to find a team that has a better chance of reaching the NCAAT.

They've lost a bunch of guys haven't they, and aren't bringing in anyone of note?? Also a good chance Dedric Lawson heads to the NBA, not a great start for Tubby.

If true, we really need to reach out. Would make us a lock for the tourney, you'd have to think.

VN Store

Back