Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamelo is talented, but if you watch his tape closely he hardly goes past the half court line on d. Also, that matador defense his team plays is just disrespectful to the game of basketball.

Kid has a helluva fade away 3 pt. jumper though. Geez.

Curious to see if Tennessee kicks around Lavar Batts name at all...they recruited him pretty hard but opted not to pursue a PG in the '17 class, he ultimately signed with VCU but with Wade going to LSU have to think he'll ask for a release. Obviously Tennessee is currently full and if someone leave a graduate transfer would seem more likely, but it's a name the staff is familiar with and there was mutual interest with.

Last edited:
Curious to see if Tennessee kicks around Lavar Batts name at all...they recruited him pretty hard but opted not to pursue a PG in the '17 class, he ultimately signed with VCU but with Wade going to LSU have to think he'll ask do a release. Obviously Tennessee is currently full and if someone leave a graduate transfer would seem more likely, but it's a name the staff is familiar with and there was mutual interest with.

Wade to LSU?
I'm going to have to start paying attention.

Curious to see if Tennessee kicks around Lavar Batts name at all...they recruited him pretty hard but opted not to pursue a PG in the '17 class, he ultimately signed with VCU but with Wade going to LSU have to think he'll ask for a release. Obviously Tennessee is currently full and if someone leave a graduate transfer would seem more likely, but it's a name the staff is familiar with and there was mutual interest with.

I would trade Batts for Parker . Batts can score much better than Parker .

Same JUCO as Mychal Mulder who is at UK, Vincennes is one of the best JUCO programs so typically they're playing good competition...

MM: 15.7ppg 6.4rpg 1.2apg 49%fg 46.3%3pt
CD: 21.0ppg 3.1rpg 4.6apg 44.9%fg 44.1%3pt

Vincennes averaged 60FGA a game, that wouldn't even rank Top 50 in D1 Dallas

I mean for one player. 14 attempts from three in one game is either really horrible defense, or horrible shot selection. 50% is good, but that's a lot of shots. I saw where he took 35 shots in one game, which would be 50% of their attempts.

I mean for one player. 14 attempts from three in one game is either really horrible defense, or horrible shot selection. 50% is good, but that's a lot of shots. I saw where he took 35 shots in one game, which would be 50% of their attempts.

He was on fire, had like 20pts in first 10 minutes, his team was riding the hot hand like they should've. 14 three point attempts is hardly unheard of in today's game.

Which game was that?? A 5OT game or a regular 2 halves game?

Reactions: 1 person
He was on fire, had like 20pts in first 10 minutes, his team was riding the hot hand like they should've. 14 three point attempts is hardly unheard of in today's game.

It was a two halve game from what I know, it doesn't say. It was 25 instead of 35, too.

If you are making 50% of your threes in a game I am fine with you shooting 30 of them.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol ok, little bit of a difference there Dal. Fwiw he averaged 14 shots a game, 2 shots more a game than Hubbs, a guy most wanted to be more aggressive.

25 shots is a lot of shots. Especially for college. Not saying I don't want Harrington, which is what you're trying to prove, while twisting my words like only you can.

25 shots is a lot of shots. Especially for college. Not saying I don't want Harrington, which is what you're trying to prove, while twisting my words like only you can.

I didn't say that, nor was it what I inferred, I simply was disproving your JUCO comment much the same way I did your 3pt line comment...you have a knack for making ridiculously false claims.

I didn't say that, nor was it what I inferred, I simply was disproving your JUCO comment much the same way I did your 3pt line comment...you have a knack for making ridiculously false claims.

How can it be "ridiculously false" I literally googled "differences between American and international basketball" my bad that I didn't see the "NBA" part on the article. it was a throw off post, I posted it knowing that it's very common for juco players to take a lot of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back