George Whitfield coolest surprise? QB Jarrett Guarantano maturity

Fingers

d313379b731b1a25c7f89f18bc8a4058.png

Reactions: 45 people
We must have an OL to block/open holes for him. You can have the greatest QB in college football (a hem....remember?), but without a good OL, you're going to struggle to win the division, conference and a NT. We did win the conference with Peyton....once.

I'm excited about his prospects as anyone, but I'll take a game-manager type QB with 4*/5* OL over a highly recruited 5* QB with 3*/4* OL. Yes, an OL coach can make a huge difference.

Reactions: 11 people
I honestly expect him to be to be the guy to help me remember what the 90's were like

I expect JG to be the starter although I'd like to see Dormady get the chance. The only thing that bothers me is Dormady trying to avoid getting injured behind this questionable O-line considering he doesn't have the mobility as Dobbs to escape from pressure. Either way, I want both to succeed but I'm more comfortable with JG getting the start. He's got all the tools to be a superstar.

Reactions: 1 person
That nice of George to say but let's wait till he actually plays a game. I hope he is as good as George thinks.

Reactions: 6 people
hope JG can take the pressure...second coming and all...he is virtually untested in SEC play...sure would like to see him fulfill all expectations...we'll see, and

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 2 people
I like that he mentioned his maturity first, then his talent. Talent is something that you are God given and we all know that people who are extremely talented do not always play like it when it matters most or when they are put in the game. However, maturity can take a young man a long way in life. I hope JG is a leader and when it is his time to step on the field for our beloved Vols he makes the most of it and takes us to the promised land.

Reactions: 3 people
We must have an OL to block/open holes for him. You can have the greatest QB in college football (a hem....remember?), but without a good OL, you're going to struggle to win the division, conference and a NT. We did win the conference with Peyton....once.

I'm excited about his prospects as anyone, but I'll take a game-manager type QB with 4*/5* OL over a highly recruited 5* QB with 3*/4* OL. Yes, an OL coach can make a huge difference.

Bingo! See college achievements of Ken Dorsey vs C Clausen.

That nice of George to say but let's wait till he actually plays a game. I hope he is as good as George thinks.

Yep. Thought I would wait to be that guy. This is exactly what you want to hear @ your young QB. But just for balance, remember Archie's call @ how good Worley performed? To his defense, JW was injured after that, but its a good idea to keep our feet on the ground and see if he can win the starting or co-starting position.

I don't think there is a program in the country that hypes like Tennessee football. Put it on the field and then we can talk about it. This is getting old fast.

Reactions: 4 people
I expect JG to be the starter although I'd like to see Dormady get the chance. The only thing that bothers me is Dormady trying to avoid getting injured behind this questionable O-line considering he doesn't have the mobility as Dobbs to escape from pressure. Either way, I want both to succeed but I'm more comfortable with JG getting the start. He's got all the tools to be a superstar.

Dormandy has plenty of mobility to escape pressure, but not the straight line speed to make up for a lack of playmakers. Playing both q.b's is the only fair way to settle this.

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 7 people
George Whitfield Jr post is more about promoting himself . Controversial guy. Of course he is going to say good things about someone who attends his camp.

GW thinking he could just tweet something nice about a Vol.. lol.

Get him guys. He needs to learn that we don't take too kindly to that sort of behavior.

Reactions: 12 people

Get him guys. He needs to learn that we don't take too kindly to that sort of behavior.

I know you're being sarcastic, but Im glad this stuff is being posted. I wasn't aware of some of it, like having to wait and see how he performs on the field and we needed a talented OL before we would really know. This is good stuffs.

Makes me wonder if JG getting all this attention makes QD feel overlooked. I know JG has not had as much time as QD under our system or as a college QB, but why did JG go and not QD?

It wasn't the praise for the player. Committed the cardinal sin of uttering "loves the Vols" and THAT got the hackles raised! :aggressive: Now if he had taken a shot at one of the coaches...:question:

Reactions: 6 people
Makes me wonder if JG getting all this attention makes QD feel overlooked. I know JG has not had as much time as QD under our system or as a college QB, but why did JG go and not QD?

Maybe his dad? Runs the same system at his high school?

I don,t think that those who are making the decisions will overlook any of our football players during the Spring and Fall practices. They know their future depends on their decisions, whereas those who post on this board can speculate on everything and not risk any down side. I know it is fun for us to speculate, but we speculate with little or no information except for fantasy dreams.

Nothing against JG, but all this ridiculous hype and speculation is turning me into a QD fan simply because he is becoming the undisputed underdog.

I hope QD goes out and takes the job, with JG's teeth snapping at his heels. We need BOTH guys on the roster this entire season. And I hope both get significant game reps, i.e. series.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back