'16 NC SF Jalen Johnson (UT commit 10/11/15)

To settle this quote once and for all. It was not Rick Barnes that said it was Dane Bradshaw. Here is the quote

"How potentially good is Turner? Former Vols player and current SEC Network analyst Dane Bradshaw has an idea.

"Whenever I'd go to practice last season," Bradshaw said, "Turner was the second-best player on the court behind Punter"

Rick Barnes Has Culture To Lead Vols To March Madness

That link is weird but it was Mark Wiedmer from the times free press that wrote the article

Still not seeing where it was said he was better than Punter?

I'm 100% positive Barnes indicated that if Turner were eligible he would started at PG which would have allowed Punter to play off the ball. That information came from Rob Lewis

Reactions: 1 person
I'm 100% positive Barnes indicated that if Turner were eligible he would started at PG which would have allowed Punter to play off the ball. That information came from Rob Lewis

My recollection as well, some seeem to think Barnes said Turner was the best player overall (over Punter & Moore) and I definitely do not recall that.

Reactions: 2 people

Yes this is what Barnes was implying. Turner would have been the PG last year with Punter at SG.

Williams plays a lot like a number of successful NBA players. He will need to really improve his perimeter game but yes he has a shot. Bone to me has the best shot

Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil:
Last year they also said that if Turner became eligible he'd immediately be TN's best player.

Thanks For making my point about EXACTLY what started this talk. Turner wouldn't have been the best player. Unreal why we are still talking about it

Irony is strong up in here

JJ could be one of the keys for 2017-18. We need another perimeter shooter to allow Williams/Fulkerson/Schofield/Alexander and the freshmen to work in the paint.

He reminds me of Mostella. I hope his off the court business is nothing like Mostella's.

JJ could be one of the keys for 2017-18. We need another perimeter shooter to allow Williams/Fulkerson/Schofield/Alexander and the freshmen to work in the paint.

He reminds me of Mostella. I hope his off the court business is nothing like Mostella's.

I hope he's not as streaky as Mostella.

JJ with a year of practice in the Barnes system will play in front of Pons. if he can play to his potential he could be an upgrade to Hubbs.
Hoping he's taken S&C training seriously.

Ehh, I don't see it. Reminds me of Prince way more.

If he can defend, he might take Bowden's spot in the starting lineup. Having Bowden bring some fire power off of the bench isn't a bad thing. Fulkerson too. Fulkerson could ignite the energy on the court and Bowden could rowdy up the crowd by knocking down 3s.

He will at the very least be a threat from 3 which was a negative with Hubbs, teams could sag off 8', beg him to shoot and he wouldn't...I don't think JJ will do that.

If he can defend, he might take Bowden's spot in the starting lineup. Having Bowden bring some fire power off of the bench isn't a bad thing. Fulkerson too. Fulkerson could ignite the energy on the court and Bowden could rowdy up the crowd by knocking down 3s.

No shot on Bowden. He's going to be a huge piece going forward.

No shot on Bowden. He's going to be a huge piece going forward.

I hope so. He needs to be able to do more on offense though. He can make 3-pointers when he's able to square up. He needs to be able to consistently finish when he puts the ball on the floor. He missed a lot of bunnies.

I really think we could have used him this year .
Hindsight is always 20/20. Who would have thought we'd lose 2.5 players? Originally we had Mostella, Fulkerson AND Hubbs to count on. If all those guys stayed or stayed healthy, we wouldn't have needed Jalen.

Had we had Bone, Fulkerson, and Mostella at full strength for the entire season, i believe we would have made the Big Dance.

VN Store

Back