NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16

My theory is you made a statement and now can't back it up, and you're dancing around it like a politician and trying to divert it in any way possible.

Good lord simply reading your replies will prove this. Your original reply about "pent up demand" was in direct reply to my statement about how it's hard enough to get people to show up for an NIT game and that I doubt people would show up for an lower tournament (which itself was a reply to you saying "People might actually buy tickets"), and that's when you started the "pent up demand". Don't believe me, here you go:

Your direct reply:

And now you're trying to tell me you were meaning demand to simply cover operating expenses to break even, when you were directly replying to my post that clearly had nothing to do with that, and you weren't trying to make any comment on crowd size even though you directly compared it to fans buying up tons of TaxSlayer Bowl tickets? GTFO.

Pent up demand is obviously related to crowd size. I gave an example with the bowl game after you demanded proof that pent up demand is a thing. Is the analogy over your head? Why do you continue to argue by telling me what I meant and rejecting my explanations (for your benefit, at your request) of what I said and meant?

You said not many would show up. I said there's pent up demand. Maybe you should define "not many". Dozens? Hundreds? You didn't say not many relative to the TBA capacity or not many relative to average attendance this year. You said "not many".

You've omitted the part of the dialogue that was about paying thousands to be in the CBI field. You START with not many would show up and left off the comments immediately before those which, by omission, changes the context of what you've copied above.

My first comment (that you conveniently left off) was in direct response to the comment about spending thousands to be in the CBI.

I'm not dancing around anything. You're twisting my comments around to feed some strange obsession that you have to argue with me about my post that points out the existence of pent up demand.

IMO the attendance at a TBA CBI game THIS YEAR would be similar, if not greater, than the attendance when TN last hosted an NIT. I haven't made a comparison to even the lowest attended regular season game. You're acting like I've suggested something approaching a TBA sell out.

Smdh....

At this point, you're either really that obtuse, or you're just straight up lying to cover yourself. Given your history, it could go either way. I already posted direct quotes and I'll let everyone else decide who's dancing around what.

Pent up demand is obviously related to crowd size.

IMO the attendance at a TBA CBI game THIS YEAR would be similar, if not greater, than the attendance when TN last hosted an NIT. I haven't made a comparison to even the lowest attended regular season game. You're acting like I've suggested something approaching a TBA sell out.

So, in conclusion, by your own words, "pent up demand" equals about 4400K, which was the last attendance of an NIT game at TBA? A figure that has already been stated by several here as being a pretty piss poor figure, but in TGO's world, 4400K would prove a "pent up demand"? A simple "yes" or "no" is required.

And finally, you've pointed out about 3-4 times now that I have some "obsession" with arguing with you....all while you continue to respond and argue back with me. Self-awareness is clearly one of your strong points.

Smdh....

At this point, you're either really that obtuse, or you're just straight up lying to cover yourself. Given your history, it could go either way. I already posted direct quotes and I'll let everyone else decide who's dancing around what.

So, in conclusion, by your own words, "pent up demand" equals about 4400K, which was the last attendance of an NIT game at TBA? A figure that has already been stated by several here as being a pretty piss poor figure, but in TGO's world, 4400K would prove a "pent up demand"? A simple "yes" or "no" is required.

And finally, you've pointed out about 3-4 times now that I have some "obsession" with arguing with you....all while you continue to respond and argue back with me. Self-awareness is clearly one of your strong points.

IKrager: I wouldn't spend thousands (for a CBI invite)

Me: People might actually buy some tickets this year.

You (responding to me): It will be hard enough to get fans to show up for an NIT game; I seriously doubt many would show up for a no-name tournament.

Me: There's more pent up demand this year than most. TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

vols 30: If UT hosts a NIT game, they'll be less than 8 thousand, and I'm probably overshooting that number

Me: That's not a bad number relative to the 350 or so school's average

You: (quoting Thunder Good-Oil:
There's more pent up demand this year than most) Based on what?

My answer that you can't accept and are obsessed with, claiming I'm lying about, making up **** and claiming that I answered with that ****, etc., etc.... which despite your obsessive, continuous arguing fully answers your question of what the pent up demand is "based" on.: TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

All of my posts since are replying to your obsessive attacks of my answer. There was no back tracking. Asked. Answered. Your obsession with me comes to light.

Last edited:
IKrager: I wouldn't spend thousands (for a CBI invite)

Me: People might actually buy some tickets this year.

You (responding to me): It will be hard enough to get fans to show up for an NIT game; I seriously doubt many would show up for a no-name tournament.

Me: There's more pent up demand this year than most. TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

vols 30: If UT hosts a NIT game, they'll be less than 8 thousand, and I'm probably overshooting that number

Me: That's not a bad number relative to the 350 or so school's average

You: (quoting Thunder Good-Oil:
There's more pent up demand this year than most) Based on what?

My answer that you can't accept and are obsessed with, claiming I'm lying about, making up **** and claiming that I answered with that ****, etc., etc.... which despite your obsessive, continuous arguing fully answers your question of what the pent up demand is "based" on.: TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

All of my posts since are replying to your obsessive attacks of my answer. There was no back tracking. Asked. Answered. Your obsession with me comes to light.

So, that would be a "yes" I guess; TGO thinks 4400K would prove a "pent up demand".

ohLohOQ.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Smdh....

4400k? Thats alot of folks for an NIT game. I thought TBA only held 20k.lol

We are still on the NCAA bubble, surely we would make the NIT. Would be slightly disappointing to be so close and not make it, but when the season started noone gave them a chance for anything, so they have done a good job regardless of where they end up.

I was there. It was awful. Glorified high school game attendance.

I was, too. I'd say even less than 3,000. It really was horrible. And we lost to a lousy Georgetown team, although IIRC Elgrace Wilborn set or tied a school record for blocked shots in a game.

We are still on the NCAA bubble, surely we would make the NIT. Would be slightly disappointing to be so close and not make it, but when the season started noone gave them a chance for anything, so they have done a good job regardless of where they end up.
It took 18 wins to get an at large NIT bid in 2016.

Reactions: 2 people
It took 18 wins to get an at large NIT bid in 2016.

We should be able to get to 18 this year. But either way, we have overachieved and have played several ranked team very close. I would think the NIT would take Tennessee based on that. But lets hope they can get in the NCAAT.

Bucknell did get in with 17 wins last year.

Automatic qualifier; they won the regular season Patriot League championship but lost in the conference tournament.

I hate to act like I'm defending Voldemort but what he said is correct; every at large NIT bid team won at least 18 games last year.

automatic qualifier; they won the regular season patriot league championship but lost in the conference tournament.

I hate to act like i'm defending voldemort but what he said is correct; every at large nit bid team won at least 18 games last year.
😂😂😂

Automatic qualifier; they won the regular season Patriot League championship but lost in the conference tournament.

I hate to act like I'm defending Voldemort but what he said is correct; every at large NIT bid team won at least 18 games last year.

Whoops. Didn't realize they were an automatic qualifier.

If we win one more game aren't we pretty much a nit lock? Nm guess not

Last edited:
If we win one more game aren't we pretty much a nit lock?

I sure hope so. I suppose a key variable is going to how the conference tournaments play out. Regular season champs get auto bids to the NIT. Any non-bubble teams that win their conference tournaments will be disruptive. TN still has a pretty good RPI for an NIT bid.

VN Store

Back