Games of interest to UT BB fans

It would suck to be a Ga. fan this year. Blew another one to Ky. yesterday.

They blew a game in Rupp, but yesterday they had no business being in that game. They hit so many wild shots in the lane. Frazier hit a crazy shot at the end of the 1st. They were without Maten. Everything was going UGA's way with the calls in the 2nd and the shots falling, and they still couldn't win. Embarrassing to let such a mediocre squad hang around.

They blew a game in Rupp, but yesterday they had no business being in that game. They hit so many wild shots in the lane. Frazier hit a crazy shot at the end of the 1st. They were without Maten. Everything was going UGA's way with the calls in the 2nd and the shots falling, and they still couldn't win. Embarrassing to let such a mediocre squad hang around.
Didn't realize you accepted refs could have an impact on the game.

Reactions: 1 person

That's what Frazier does, it's how they beat us, Maten wasn't a factor.

Didn't realize you accepted refs could have an impact on the game.

Lol I try to be as realistic as possible. We get calls a lot. But games like yesterday show UK doesn't always get it. Briscoe got smashed in the head late in the game with no call, and if not for a UGA stepping out of bounds right after, that might have cost us the game.

Lol I try to be as realistic as possible. We get calls a lot. But games like yesterday show UK doesn't always get it. Briscoe got smashed in the head late in the game with no call, and if not for a UGA stepping out of bounds right after, that might have cost us the game.

That was an unusual call. Then the announcers said "good defense". GA player knocked the crap out of the KY player... it was the point guard with the funny hairdo wasn't it?

My source at LMU says they are most likely moving to Division 1 this spring. Woo hoo!!!!!

Furman is coming to a sold out Freedom Hall tonight for the game of the year in the Southern conference, first place at stake. Go, Bucs! I know all of you other Vol fans will be cheering for them to help Tennessee's chances of getting in the Big Dance! Right?

Furman is coming to a sold out Freedom Hall tonight for the game of the year in the Southern conference, first place at stake. Go, Bucs! I know all of you other Vol fans will be cheering for them to help Tennessee's chances of getting in the Big Dance! Right?

Yes. An ETSU win helps UT.

furman is coming to a sold out freedom hall tonight for the game of the year in the southern conference, first place at stake. Go, bucs! I know all of you other vol fans will be cheering for them to help tennessee's chances of getting in the big dance! Right?

😂

I'm wondering if LMU goes div.1 what teams we'll see in Harrogate. Maybe ETSU and UT Chatt. Definitely Belmont, Lipscomb maybe MTSU. This could really be exciting. LMU is growing like a weed.

Me as well. Wonder if maybe whatever Belmont is in. OVC? Other possibilities could be Atlantic Sun. (Lipscomb) Big South ( UNC Asheville) or even the Southern conf. ( ETSU and UT Chattanooga) lesser possibility though. I'm betting OVC or Atlantic Sun.

Last edited:
LMU turned in a workman like performance last night in a 93-71 win over Anderson. One more regular season game left. A win over Catawba on the road would ensure the number one seed in the tourney. Trayvon Shaw who hit the game winner over Queens Saturday led the Splitters with 22 and Chris Perry their big (6'8") transfer from South Florida added 21. Luquon Choice had a double double as well and Emmanuel Terry anRTL favorite recovering from injury pulled down 7 boards to contribute.. Unlike the Vols LMU is taking care of business. They will miss SF Dorian Pinson (broken ankle) in the tourney though. He had just gotten over a knee injury only to have more bad luck.

The 'Splitters did indeed beat Catawba Sat and now have the number one seed in the SAC tourney. They play Tusculum Wed. night at home in a quarterfinal game. If, and this is a big if without Dorian Pinson, they win the tourney they would host the Regional Div.2 tourney in Harrogate. Here's hoping.
My friend in the athletic department at LMU tells me they have an invite from the Atlantic Sun Conference. They will be playing a Div.2 schedule next year and still be eligible for the NC. He's been encouraging Coach Shertz to go after as many Div.1 transfers as possible as next year would likely be the last chance for an NC in basketball. Things are getting interesting.

ASUN Conference

LMU beat Tusculum in the quarterfinal SAC game last night but it was like pulling teeth. They obviously overlooked them and played in a fog the first half. Turnovers and shooting the ball horribly. They eventually pulled away to win by double digits. 16 or 18 points. They go to SC to play Carson-Newman in a semi-final game Sat. I'd love for them to win the tourney and get the regionals here in Harrogate but I don't see it happening. If they get by CN then Queens probably awaits in the final. LMU moved to 25-4 on the season.

Just noticed on Verbal Commits that LMU is recruiting a kid out of Covington Ga. Isaiah Miller a dunkomatic PG. He's playing at Newton High a AAAAAAA school so high competition level for sure. There are a couple of D1 prospects on that team as well. Notae [?] is one and leads the team in scoring. He's signed with Jacksonville.

LMU beat CN by a ton. They were hot as a two dollars pistol from 3. Trevon Shaw showed the shooting ability he displayed at the RTL [finally] and Luq Choice was on fire from 3 as well. Watched it on ESPN3. LMU leads this long running series 103 games to 101. They play Queens in the SAC final at 4 today on ESPN3 again! Watch it. If they have a game like yesterday you will be amazed at their three point shooting. Queens also can shoot the three with lethal accuracy when they're on.
Lincoln Memorial University- No. 9 Railsplitters eviscerate Carson-Newman 105-62 to advance to SAC Championship title game
BTW, the 11th ranked Lady Railsplitters play Wingate in the womens championship at 1pm. Also on ESPN3
Go Splitters and GBO!!!!

Last edited:
Dadgummit, we shot our wad against CN. Much worse shooting against Queens [they didn't shoot that well either] but the game went wire to wire with Queens prevailing 75-72. They fouled our worst FT shooter with 2.5 seconds to go to put him at the line with a one and one. He missed and they rebounded. Game over. No regional in Harrogate. Dagnabbit!!!!!

Big win over Pfeiffer. 118-86. Two big guys Terry and Perry 25 and 23 points respectively. We play Limestone in the semis today at 5. Queens and Augusta in the other semi. I knew we'd have Queens in the way again. Go Splitters. GBO!

VN Store

Back