I still believe TN will go to NCAAT

I expected it earlier in the year, but at this point in the season against teams like Miss St. and Georgia I would have hoped we would have figured out how to not let it happen again, especially with what's at stake.

There's a big difference IMO of blowing a lead against teams like UNC and Oregon in November and December, and doing it in February against teams we're more closely matched up with.

We're closely matched with them, but managed to build the double digit leads.

Not sure what your point is.

If you shouldn't lose a double digit lead, how could one possibly be built when evenly matched? It's just the normal flow of games.

Maybe there's a huge drop off in offensive production when the starters that built up the lead need to be rested. Teams can easily go on 10 point runs in a minute or two these days.

Reactions: 1 person
I see a lot of people saying similar team comparing us to Georgia...that team was picked 3rd in the conference and has lost a bunch of close games, they're are the more talented and more experienced team, they had UK beat at Rupp.

If you shouldn't lose a double digit lead, how could one possibly be built when evenly matched? It's just the normal flow of games.

Maybe there's a huge drop off in offensive production when the starters that built up the lead need to be rested. Teams can easily go on 10 point runs in a minute or two these days.

What I meant was, blowing double digit leads to teams like Oregon and UNC, who are highly favored and highly ranked isn't exactly a surprise. Blowing double digit leads to teams that are on your same level isn't nearly as easy to forgive or expected. When you have a team on your level down big, you put them away.

I see a lot of people saying similar team comparing us to Georgia...that team was picked 3rd in the conference and has lost a bunch of close games, they're are the more talented and more experienced team, they had UK beat at Rupp.

That may be but it's February 12 and they are 14-11 and 5-7 in the SEC. They may have been picked 3rd in the conference but they came into the game with a worse record than us so I don't see a problem saying they are similar to us.

The proof is in the pudding, not the predicitions.

For some reason I got this gut feeling we will land in the SEC Championship Game.

And that will win the committee over.

Getting tighter and tougher with each loss. But for a team picked to be 13th with 8 first year Vols, they CAN make it to the dance but still a trip to NIT should be considered an accomplishment. Teams clearly don't like playing our dangerous Vols that put forth a lot of effort. We just don't have the luxury of having off nights and expect to win.

I expected it earlier in the year, but at this point in the season against teams like Miss St. and Georgia I would have hoped we would have figured out how to not let it happen again, especially with what's at stake.

There's a big difference IMO of blowing a lead against teams like UNC and Oregon in November and December, and doing it in February against teams we're more closely matched up with.

These guys have also played more games with a longer clock than they have before this season. So, yes, the being young and freshmen argument is still a valid reason. The freshman wall is a thing. These guys have not necessarily run into it, but it's clear that many are leaning on it. Growing pains suck.

That may be but it's February 12 and they are 14-11 and 5-7 in the SEC. They may have been picked 3rd in the conference but they came into the game with a worse record than us so I don't see a problem saying they are similar to us.

The proof is in the pudding, not the predicitions.

I don't think you can simply look at records to dictate the better team, if that was the case vegas wouldn't need guys to set the spread.

These guys have also played more games with a longer clock than they have before this season. So, yes, the being young and freshmen argument is still a valid reason. The freshman wall is a thing. These guys have not necessarily run into it, but it's clear that many are leaning on it. Growing pains suck.

I think this is a biggest factor in our play than anything else. Long season, school work, pressure, bumps and bruises all add up. I am proud of this team. They have played way above expectations. And still have a shot at making some noise.

You can be super impressed with the development about the team (which I am) and still disappointed with how the late leads have evaporated.

Reactions: 5 people
You can be super impressed with the development about the team (which I am) and still disappointed with how the late leads have evaporated.

100%, very disappointing. You look at, I believe it's now 6 blown double digits leads? Tennessee would be 19-5(9-3), quite possibly ranked in the top 25, a lock for the NCAAT, playing for the SEC regular season title and probably the best story in CBB.

I wouldn't mind the NIT as long as our guys continue to show up and play hard. It would be great if we could make the final 4 - do they still play at Madison Square Garden? That would be a great trip.

I wouldn't mind the NIT as long as our guys continue to show up and play hard. It would be great if we could make the final 4 - do they still play at Madison Square Garden? That would be a great trip.

I believe so... with a consolation game for the FF losers. In 1985 Devoe lost to Indiana and the beat Louisville in the consolation game.

Yeah March 28th and 30th, I wouldn't mind going up seeing them play if they make it. I think the NIT gets unfair treatment...it's a good tourney and has been around for 80 years now

NIT Men's Basketball Tickets | NCAA.com

VN Store

Back