Official Bubble Watch Thread

Yeah, I'm arguing with you, because you jumped another poster who made an accurate, reasonable post. The guy said, after the Georgia loss, that we likely needed to split the Kentucky and SCar games and win the others games vs the other teams.....and you said "that's not remotely accurate", which was an inaccurate statement by you. You even said we could lose to both Kentucky and SCar and still have a chance....now that's what you call "not remotely accurate". There weren't and aren't "several scenarios" and the guy was right after the Georgia loss. And now here we are after just one more loss since you made your statement and everyone agrees there's "no margin of error for Tennessee" going forward, we pretty much have to win out to have a shot.

There are several scenarios when you include the SEC tourney, and they don't have to win out to have a shot. They can lose one more although winning out would be ideal.

For each team to finish in the top 50 RPI they must go:

California: 2-3
Iowa State: 2-3
Miami: 2-3
Arkansas: 2-3
Michigan: 3-2
Seton Hall: 3-2
Michigan State: 2-3
TCU: 2-3
Clemson: 4-1
Kansas State: 4-1
Wake Forest: 2-2
Illinois State N/A
-------------------------------------
Georgia: 4-1
Providence: 4-0
Tennessee: 4-1
Marquette: 5-0
Ole Miss: 5-0
Syracuse: 4-0
Georgia Tech: 4-0
Georgetown: 4-1
Texas Tech: 5-0

Let's go! We can hit 4-1

I have a feeling that TN closes it out with a 2-3 or a 3-2. I sure would like a 3-2 or better in order to guarantee a winning record for the season.

2-3 makes it 16-15 and 1st round exits in the SECT and the NIT or CBI or Vegas ## equals 16-17. So a win over Missouri (and another over Vandy) would be yuuuugggee.

17-13 with no wins in the SEC 50/50 shot

17-13 with 1 win SEC 75/25 shot

18-12 95% in regardless of tourney

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm arguing with you, because you jumped another poster who made an accurate, reasonable post. The guy said, after the Georgia loss, that we likely needed to split the Kentucky and SCar games and win the others games vs the other teams.....and you said "that's not remotely accurate", which was an inaccurate statement by you. You even said we could lose to both Kentucky and SCar and still have a chance....now that's what you call "not remotely accurate". There weren't and aren't "several scenarios" and the guy was right after the Georgia loss. And now here we are after just one more loss since you made your statement and everyone agrees there's "no margin of error for Tennessee" going forward, we pretty much have to win out to have a shot.

Even now, you still don't get it. I've spelled out the timeline of events as plainly as I possibly can. The person I was originally debating with has even conceded my point was correct at the time (and it still is btw). Yet, you still can't let it go. You are free to have your opinion, and we are both free to disagree.

You have provided no proof of anything other than our coach saying we have to win games, which isn't exactly headline news. Meanwhile, I have detailed several different paths to how I feel we can still make the tournament. Obviously, the UGA and UK loss narrows our margin for error. Not sure why you felt the need to point out that the losses hurt our efforts. I think that's pretty obvious. So, your little crusade here appears to be petty, vindictive, and argumentative.

We beat UK, KState, Georgia Tech, all quality wins. The key is, we only have one "bad loss", and that was on the road to MSU. We lost most of our games to teams we should have lost to, which is reflected in our SOS. A high number of losses is generally viewed as ok if your SOS reflects that you played a lot of good teams in the eyes of the committee. I think we are still alive with a 4-1 finish. A lot of people do and so do the majority of brackets in the bracket matrix. You obviously don't. I think you've made that abundantly clear. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Even now, you still don't get it. I've spelled out the timeline of events as plainly as I possibly can. The person I was originally debating with has even conceded my point was correct at the time (and it still is btw). Yet, you still can't let it go. You are free to have your opinion, and we are both free to disagree.

You have provided no proof of anything other than our coach saying we have to win games, which isn't exactly headline news. Meanwhile, I have detailed several different paths to how I feel we can still make the tournament. Obviously, the UGA loss narrows our margin for error. Not sure why you felt the need to point out that the loss hurt our efforts. I think that's pretty obvious. So, your little crusade here appears to be petty, vindictive, and argumentative.

We beat UK, KState, Georgia Tech, all quality wins. The key is, we only have one "bad loss", and that was on the road to MSU. We lost most of our games to teams we should have lost to, which is reflected in our SOS. A high number of losses is generally viewed as ok if your SOS reflects that you played a lot of good teams in the eyes of the committee. I think we are still alive with a 4-1 finish. A lot of people do and so do the majority of brackets in the bracket matrix. You obviously don't. I think you've made that abundantly clear. We can agree to disagree.

Truth. To his point about Vandy and Alabama, they would both be top 75 wins.

Truth. To his point about Vandy and Alabama, they would both be top 75 wins.

Agree. We need 4 wins out of these last 5 games. Not only because we physically need wins added to our resumé, but because losses to LSU and Mizzou would be additional bad losses that we can't afford. Wins vs Bama and Vandy (and USCe if we can steal that one) serve a dual purpose. 5-0 is ideal obviously, but 4-1 is a must, and we really can't afford for that loss to be to LSU or Mizzou.

Let's hope that 2.5 point underdog Stanford can beat Cal in Palo Alto tonight. I'm close to resigning myself to the fact that Cal is going dancing, but losing tonight and having to play against Oregon, Oregon State and away at Utah and Colorado *could* make them 1-5 in their final six going into the Pac 12 tournament...

Let's hope that 2.5 point underdog Stanford can beat Cal in Palo Alto tonight. I'm close to resigning myself to the fact that Cal is going dancing, but losing tonight and having to play against Oregon, Oregon State and away at Utah and Colorado *could* make them 1-5 in their final six going into the Pac 12 tournament...

Cal is in. Not worth keeping up with.

Zo

Their conference record is to good. As long as they don't lose to Oregon state they in.

I watch nearly every Cal game they are great on defense and are lost on offense like most all Cuonzo's teams...They also have 1 good win but I agree they are in and will probably be out first round again...he has too much talent on his teams for them to be this mediocre

What's the prediction for NIT winning record only or 17 wins?

We'll make the NIT with two more wins (giving us 15 wins that aren't against Chaminade). Three more wins would make UT a probable 2 seed in the NIT, while four more wins makes us either a 1 seed in the NIT or a Last Four In depending on how the SEC tournament shakes out.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but we are listed in the "First Four Out" on ESPN. Pretty realistic shot at getting in. We should be favored in 4 of our last 5 games, the one being at USCe. I think we will take care of business in those 4 games and have a legitimate shot winning at USCe as well. Even if we win 4 we will still be in good position, maybe need to win one SECT game.

VN Store

Back