The Official Tennessee @ #13 Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

If we go 4-1 down the stretch and 1 in Nashville he'll eat his words.

I don't see it happening but def not end of story level.

Also, we played like garbage in the second half.

Refs were trash as always too. Just wanted to throw that in there. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
First real beatdown of the season - next big losses were a pair of 13 point losses against Chattanooga and Florida. Whodathunkit?

Despite tonight's loss, this UT team has overachieved this season.

And the Vols probably won't see this team again. KY will sandbag the SECT, and we will face a new bunch of NBA recruits next year.

Barnes specifically calls out Williams, Hubbs, Bowden, and Alexander in his post game radio show. Williams for rebounding... Hubbs for defense.

About 10 minutes earlier he said the team didn't look "well coached".

Barnes specifically calls out Williams, Hubbs, Bowden, and Alexander in his post game radio show. Williams for rebounding... Hubbs for defense.

About 10 minutes earlier he said the team didn't look "well coached".
God I love his honesty

Well,I guess I won't be getting a tattoo lol. at least we will probably make the nit, get some more experience. Having hopes for the NCAA tourney were fun, glad to be back in the discussion. We'll be there next year. Go vols!

Already got my 2015 tattoo redone to 2017!

wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

They looked like they all had the flu today.. Hopefully this was just a bad day and they snap out of it for the rest of the year.

The whole team looked terrible tonight. Bone and Schofield had a decent game other than that everyone else just sucked. I really want to see Kwe and Phillips minutes go up and Turners go down alot. Turner is so slow and plays absolutely no defense. Has a terrible shot selection that disrupts the flow of the game most of the time and turns the ball over too much. I cringe watching him play. It should be illegal to have him and Lew in at the same time

We got our azz kicked by NBA talent just move on and discuss how far this team can go in the NIT.:thud:

Need to get 3 more wins to get to the NIT. On paper, this Missouri game coming up Saturday is the most winnable. At LSU and SECT opening game might be 2 and 3. At USCe? Vandy here? Alabama here? It might actually take 4. Would 17-16 get into the NIT?

How the hell is the minor league NBA team in Lexington meeting NCAA graduation requirement's for scholarships? They have made the phrase student athlete a complete joke and oxymoron.

Reactions: 4 people
How the hell is the minor league NBA team in Lexington meeting NCAA graduation requirement's for scholarships? They have made the phrase student athlete a complete joke and oxymoron.

Apparently they're only required to pass a handful of classes through the spring semester. I think that somebody has posted that if too many go the route of Simmons at LSU and totally abandon going to class after January 1st, then the team will be penalized. That's why the redshirts are going to be smart fellers... helps out on the team's average academic performance.

I'd like to see the NCAA come up with additional legislation to eliminate the fake student farce. Lose a half a scholarship or something similar for any player that doesn't make significant progress toward a degree while on the team. Significant as in passing legitimate classes like English, Calculus, and Science and not a bunch of Social Science classes or bogus electives that anybody that shows up for enough times will pass.

They have made the phrase student athlete a complete joke and oxymoron.

Yep, totally UK's fault for recruiting the best and being successful with one year players.

MMm5K_s-200x150.gif

Blame the NCAA/NBA for not raising the age or doing something about it. Blame Cal for building a new team every season. Blame other teams that can't recruit in their own states and keep the best high schoolers close.

As said above, as long as players are making progress and doing classes while at UK, there is nothing wrong. Why should a school get punished for recruiting a 19 year old that has no need to stay in school 3 or 4 years to complete a degree?

I don't care who you are, when they shoot like 11 of 13 three pointers by half time against you shooting practically none, you are in trouble. Tennessee is a very young team loaded with talent. I'm going to give them a break at Kentucky against NBA athletes and those three pointers going in. I love Coach Barnes and can't wait to see what he can do 3-4 years from now.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, totally UK's fault for recruiting the best and being successful with one year players.

MMm5K_s-200x150.gif

Blame the NCAA/NBA for not raising the age or doing something about it. Blame Cal for building a new team every season. Blame other teams that can't recruit in their own states and keep the best high schoolers close.

As said above, as long as players are making progress and doing classes while at UK, there is nothing wrong. Why should a school get punished for recruiting a 19 year old that has no need to stay in school 3 or 4 years to complete a degree?
I wonder if Cal will ever consider trading the headaches for more championships by actually building a team of seasoned players.
If there's proof that one and done's don't win championships, Cal's it.

I wonder if Cal will ever consider trading the headaches for more championships by actually building a team of seasoned players.
If there's proof that one and done's don't win championships, Cal's it.

We've competed quite a few years. It's just insanely hard to win 6 games in a row no matter who it is.

MMm5K_s-200x150.gif

It's definitely the NBA's fault, but Cal has bastardized college hoops.
Plus, he's whiny and really difficult to like.
If I hear him complain about how young his team is one more time, as if having young teams is not his exact plan, I'll break something.

Good thing he is very average as anything but a recruiter and will leave behind more vacated Final Fours.

VN Store

Back