'17 France 6'6" SF/SG Yves Pons.

I must also disagree with this. But I do think some of Pearl's success can be attributed to a better than average staff. The inbound plays under our own basket were awesome under Pearl. And Forbes is doing a very solid job at ETSU.

I have to agree with the inbounds set plays under the basket, seemed like we scored every time. Plus, any time after a TO and Pearl could set his defense, the other team struggled to get the ball in. We got a lot of 5 second calls and a lot of turnovers in those situations.

Btw, I love this recuiting class. Walker and Kent are exactly what we need. Yes, Kent may need to redshirt before he is physically ready for college basketball, but Walker should play a lot and well. But, Pons is the kid, I want the most. Talented and explosive. Instant excitement. Can't wait to see one of his dunks electrify TBA. The combo of Pons and Johnson would be the perfect replacements for Hubbs. No doubt, if we continue to improve and add these 3 kids, we will be a NCAA Tourney team and IMO, a top 25 team that could make a run at a regular season SEC championship

Reactions: 1 person
I have to agree with the inbounds set plays under the basket, seemed like we scored every time. Plus, any time after a TO and Pearl could set his defense, the other team struggled to get the ball in. We got a lot of 5 second calls and a lot of turnovers in those situations.

Btw, I love this recuiting class. Walker and Kent are exactly what we need. Yes, Kent may need to redshirt before he is physically ready for college basketball, but Walker should play a lot and well. But, Pons is the kid, I want the most. Talented and explosive. Instant excitement. Can't wait to see one of his dunks electrify TBA. The combo of Pons and Johnson would be the perfect replacements for Hubbs. No doubt, if we continue to improve and add these 3 kids, we will be a NCAA Tourney team and IMO, a top 25 team that could make a run at a regular season SEC championship

Need to get to the 2018 NCAAT in order to set the table for landing some highly rated players with the three 2019 scholarships. Making the 2018 NCAAT field should give some assurance for those 2019 recruits that they aren't going to miss an opportunity to play on the biggest stage. They might already be close to being committed somewhere by the time the 2018 NCAAT plays out. TN might have a lot to offer to the 2019 signing class... NCAAT appearances, the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame coach, and a lot of playing time over their careers as there would be a two year separation between them and the Walker/Kent/Pons (hopefully)/Johnson/Fulkerson class and only overlap with the Williams/Parker/Bone/Bowden/Turner class for a single year.

BTW, Barnes might want to keep Zach out of the redshirt if he can make any contribution at all simply to get the classes more balanced. 5 or 6 players per class is disruptive.

Reactions: 2 people
Need to get to the 2018 NCAAT in order to set the table for landing some highly rated players with the three 2019 scholarships. Making the 2018 NCAAT field should give some assurance for those 2019 recruits that they aren't going to miss an opportunity to play on the biggest stage. They might already be close to being committed somewhere by the time the 2018 NCAAT plays out. TN might have a lot to offer to the 2019 signing class... NCAAT appearances, the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame coach, and a lot of playing time over their careers as there would be a two year separation between them and the Walker/Kent/Pons (hopefully)/Johnson/Fulkerson class and only overlap with the Williams/Parker/Bone/Bowden/Turner class for a single year.

BTW, Barnes might want to keep Zach out of the redshirt if he can make any contribution at all simply to get the classes more balanced. 5 or 6 players per class is disruptive.
I don't think it is worth the risk of playing him if he i not 100% healed form the surgery. Why take the risk. The off season work out will have him raring to go next Fall.

I don't think it is worth the risk of playing him if he i not 100% healed form the surgery. Why take the risk. The off season work out will have him raring to go next Fall.

Zach Kent had surgery? Or are you talking about Fulkerson? I'm not saying to play Fulkerson.

Bumping, just because I want to watch this kid dunk on Cal's next set of one and done, future NBA players.

Seems like we might actually nab this one. That being a possibility....is he injury prone? Can he shoot the ball or is his game more slash and dunk?

Seems like we might actually nab this one. That being a possibility....is he injury prone? Can he shoot the ball or is his game more slash and dunk?

Slash and dunk and foul prone.
But an excess of potential to play at the next level.

Well, he's been hurt. He actually may be hurt now.
Someone will ask for a link, so here's the quote dal:

Outlook: Highly productive lefty wing/forward from Haiti. Has the tools to play some small-ball power forward, especially if he grows another inch or so. Misses a lot of time with injuries the past two seasons, which put him somewhat off the radar prior to this event. Only played 17 minutes per game for reasons no one in Zaragoza could quite understand. Made the most of it, averaging 10 points and 4 rebounds with 1.3 blocks and .7 steals, while shooting 77% from 2-point range. Finished the tournament ranking 5th in PER. Will need to continue to improve his skill-level and basketball IQ, as he won’t be able to overwhelm opponents with his sheer strength and athleticism the way he often did in Spain.

Someone will ask for a link, so here's the quote dal:

Outlook: Highly productive lefty wing/forward from Haiti. Has the tools to play some small-ball power forward, especially if he grows another inch or so. Misses a lot of time with injuries the past two seasons, which put him somewhat off the radar prior to this event. Only played 17 minutes per game for reasons no one in Zaragoza could quite understand. Made the most of it, averaging 10 points and 4 rebounds with 1.3 blocks and .7 steals, while shooting 77% from 2-point range. Finished the tournament ranking 5th in PER. Will need to continue to improve his skill-level and basketball IQ, as he won’t be able to overwhelm opponents with his sheer strength and athleticism the way he often did in Spain.
Thanks lol I forgot how that triggers some people.

He can shoot the 3. It's not the prettiest shot, but its's almost like he wills it in. 77% from 2 point range us impressive, sure it jelps with all the dunks. I think he can come right in and fill Hubbs spot. Mid-range game is not on Hubbs' level, but a better 3 shooter and he attacks the basket like I wish Hubbs would. If he stays healthy, the sky's the limit, imo.

Am I starting to sound like D4H? I hope not, but this kid looks like a future NBA guy that can be electrifying. Kinda kid that would have us on highlights all over SportsCenter, etc. They will be a NCAA Tourney team next year, especially if Walker is who I think he is. This kid could draw mad attention to what CRB is getting ready to do here. Hence:recruiting finally catches up with coaching

Slash and dunk and foul prone.

Kinda figured. Guess the days of recruiting for positions and looking for kids who can actually handle, pass and shoot the ball...you know....basketball players....are long gone. Now it seems teams look for universal fit/athletes who can be put at various positions with the hope/expectation that they can be taught fundamentals and develop a solid shot. If they can't, run/jump/dunk. Guess dinosaurs like me who are still stuck in the "power I" era just can't really get into todays college basketball game.

I'm somewhat like you^ I miss basketball skilled players but I'm still able to seriously enjoy today's game. Div. II is loaded with players that can shoot the lights out btw.

I'm somewhat like you^ I miss basketball skilled players but I'm still able to seriously enjoy today's game. Div. II is loaded with players that can shoot the lights out btw.

It's sad players like that get overlooked cause they don't have 5*s or 4*s next to their name. It's all about One & Dones in today's college game.

He can shoot the 3. It's not the prettiest shot, but its's almost like he wills it in. 77% from 2 point range us impressive, sure it jelps with all the dunks. I think he can come right in and fill Hubbs spot. Mid-range game is not on Hubbs' level, but a better 3 shooter and he attacks the basket like I wish Hubbs would. If he stays healthy, the sky's the limit, imo.

Am I starting to sound like D4H? I hope not, but this kid looks like a future NBA guy that can be electrifying. Kinda kid that would have us on highlights all over SportsCenter, etc. They will be a NCAA Tourney team next year, especially if Walker is who I think he is. This kid could draw mad attention to what CRB is getting ready to do here. Hence:recruiting finally catches up with coaching

love your optimism.....

Kinda figured. Guess the days of recruiting for positions and looking for kids who can actually handle, pass and shoot the ball...you know....basketball players....are long gone. Now it seems teams look for universal fit/athletes who can be put at various positions with the hope/expectation that they can be taught fundamentals and develop a solid shot. If they can't, run/jump/dunk. Guess dinosaurs like me who are still stuck in the "power I" era just can't really get into todays college basketball game.

You can't teach athleticism and size. Skill can always be improved.

If we do get him I hope VN understands when Barnes sits him quite a bit in order to teach him.

VN Store

Back