Only 3 things upset me today

And most fans

How long do I have to wait? We've rebuiling since Mears, (Sorry Devoe but it's true) except couple blips of NCAA tourney runs we've done little in basketball consistency.. Seriously how long?

3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.

You don't know what you're talking about. Students have seating in the southwest corner (sec 123) and it's routinely full, as it was Saturday.

Don't post on here very much, but do enjoy reading most of the post. Have posted years ago on another forum that until the students are spread out around the floor you will not see the interest you see at many of the other "basketball schools" by their students. I know those are premium seats (sold for a premium price), but noticed at games such as Kentucky in the past there is as much blue as there is orange down there. I mean, hey, it is a college game. The college students should be the ones making the most noise instead of a lot of old people down there only getting stirred up for the t-shirts. Just my opinion. I have season tickets (in the cheap seats of course) and am a lot louder than the majority down close. Was a pet peeve when I was a student (79-83) and still is. Love my Vols, and IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL! GO BIG ORANGE!

Have posted years ago on another forum that until the students are spread out around the floor you will not see the interest you see at many of the other "basketball schools" by their students.

The only clue I can offer is that we're not a "basketball school" in any sense of the word and our fan support is commiserate with the product on the court.

The only clue I can offer is that we're not a "basketball school" in any sense of the word and our fan support is commiserate with the product on the court.
Are we a football school?
Butch has cleaned house. If we win 8 again are we near being a baseball school?

I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too

had to wait in line for the student seats.....ahhhh good times....couches at Stokley Athletics Center....blasephmy

Honestly guys, who could we contact to talk about this stuff and his embarrassing it is and dumb it is/looks? Any ideas?

How long do I have to wait? We've rebuiling since Mears, (Sorry Devoe but it's true) except couple blips of NCAA tourney runs we've done little in basketball consistency.. Seriously how long?

Whatever. Jerry Green went to 4 straight NCAA tourneys and got fired because he couldn't take us past the "Sweet 16" and Bruce tooks us to the tourney every year he was here, including our 1st elite 8

That is a terrible take. It hasn't been two years yet, and Barnes has us in the hunt for an NCAA berth following the most embarrassing 6 year period in Tennessee basketball history from a perception standpoint.

If two years is too much time to wait for you, then sports just might not be your thing.

VN Store

Back