Barnes worse game plan

It was a lack of execution from the players. Coach Barnes only gets to teach/coach them, he can't go out on the court an execute for them.

Reactions: 1 person
3 WEEK's ago he was the coach of the year in the SEC now he can't put a game plan together no its not neither one tonight Kentucky showed there NBA talent and we showed our's i believe they might have a little more.:eek:lol:

Noticeable at the National anthem at TBA. Looked like a varsity vs JV game in size. People whining about a loss here are delusional.

We stole one from them at home by playing a near perfect game. Take it to the bank for 2017 and rejoice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It's not a personal thing so I don't "hate" Hubbs. It's just that we have seen this for 4 years , injured, under performs, disappears in games. Reminds me of Scotty Hopson but he's not even close to the player Hopson was.

You're still star gazing. Were he rated 3* by recruiting websites that probably never saw him play a game, you would not have any - comments. Support your team.

Beating UK at Rupp is nearly impossible. Cal has only lost like 6 games there I believe and two of those losses are from this year to UCLA and Kansas who are both ranked in the top 10.

Beating UK at Rupp is nearly impossible. Cal has only lost like 6 games there I believe and two of those losses are from this year to UCLA and Kansas who are both ranked in the top 10.

Four times in about 42 attempts in UT's case. Lost twice there in 1993. I'm not sure if TN lost to KY in any other SECTs in CoRuppt.

Barnes won't EVER get the talent Cal does, SO... we'd better hope that he can continue to outcoach him once in a while.

We got boat raced last night and it wasn't close. The talent disparity is off the charts. UK had a bad game here and we played great. When UK is on... our great play equals a double digit loss.

Tenn seemed to be over concerned inside. If Ky is going to shoot good, it's at Rupp. They shoot great there. Should have defended 3 better and lived with consequences in the inside.

Good grief. Whine whine. I would say our coach knows what he is doing.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes won't EVER get the talent Cal does, SO... we'd better hope that he can continue to outcoach him once in a while.

We got boat raced last night and it wasn't close. The talent disparity is off the charts. UK had a bad game here and we played great. When UK is on... our great play equals a double digit loss.

This is just Tennessee athletics. Until something changes we will bever be able to compete at a elite level in any sport. UT admin does not want to be elite in sports.

You just described every team in the SEC not named UK.

Are you disputing that the Wildcats don't get the favorable whistle when they need it?
First call of the game. Briscoe moving over and called a charge against our guy. Even UK biased Farnhall or whatever his name was called it.
Not a factor in why we lost though.

Yeah UT sure got called for a ton more fouls last night...

Come on man, don't pretend like UK doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in Rupp.

I can immediately think of two block/charge calls that went in UK's favor, one on both ends of the floor early on when the game was still interesting.

Bottom line, UK didn't need the calls last night as they just thoroughly whipped us. Beat us in every aspect, including the hustle department, which is the most disappointing thing. This Tennessee team doesn't have the kind of talent that can go out and give half effort, especially against a group of talent like UK has. First game this year where I felt like they played scared/in awe of their opponent and some guys just seemed to quit at times.

We get calls at Rupp, I've said that many times. But last night was not bad at all if I'm a UT fan. UK was called for more and UT shot a lot more free throws. Refs played no part in the result.

We get calls at Rupp, I've said that many times. But last night was not bad at all if I'm a UT fan. UK was called for more and UT shot a lot more free throws. Refs played no part in the result.

The OP made no mention of last night's game though, yet you felt the need to point out the very minor foul discrepancy. No one in their right mind would say that officiating played a meaningful fole in last night's outcome. OP was just pointing out that in general, you have to overcome officiating in Rupp Arena; a fact you seem to agree with based on your first sentence above.

Nobody is saying that the refs beat TN last night. There's no disputing that calls evened up over the entire game. But there's no doubt that early on, before TN folded, KY was getting favorable whistles. Even Bert, on the official UT radio broadcast team, said that TN had "to be fouled three times to get one called". Bert played in Rupp four times.

UT lacks a couple to three consistent 3 point threats on this roster........ Bone, Bowden and Shembari Phillips need to work on their 3 point shooting during the offseason while Williams and Schofield are becoming inside options and Alexander could become more of an inside threat next season. Kentucky had too much firepower to overcome last night.

Tenn seemed to be over concerned inside. If Ky is going to shoot good, it's at Rupp. They shoot great there. Should have defended 3 better and lived with consequences in the inside.

They didn't shut down the 4 last night. In Knoxville they shut down the 4 and won, last night they didn't and lost. Players didn't execute the game plan, they know it, Barnes knows it.

But, by God, we hit our FT's when it counted and denied the Rupp crowd a Chik-Fil-A chicken biscuit! Had to take something positive out of there last night.

Last edited:
But, by God, we hit or FT's when it counted and denied the Rupp crowd a Chik-Fil-A chicken biscuit! Had to take something positive out of there last night.

Juding by the average UK fan, they don't need an extra chicken biscuit, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: 4 people
Nobody is saying that the refs beat TN last night. There's no disputing that calls evened up over the entire game. But there's no doubt that early on, before TN folded, KY was getting favorable whistles. Even Bert, on the official UT radio broadcast team, said that TN had "to be fouled three times to get one called". Bert played in Rupp four times.

All I see is "wah wah wah" in every single game thread. I forget that every ref has it out for UT and every team other than UT gets every call.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. It was nearly a 30 point win and still ref complaints abound. Smh

Robert " the magician" Hubbs had another disappearing act. If he continues to disappear in games, we will end up being the 13th best team in the SEC. If he really is injured, Barnes needs to sit him and let him get healthy so someone else can contribute. As it is now, Hubbs is a liability. If he is only " hurt" , he needs to tough it out and hopefully we can get something out of him the reist of the season
How many threads you going to post this in and THEN NOT RESPOND. Hubbs is going through a knee injury and every teams are game planning to shut him down. Not too hard of a concept to understand.

VN Store

Back