Any news on Fulk?

CNeagleVolFan

Guys first question is Fulky eligible for a RS?
Second question is if he isn't why not try to give him some late season action?

If he's losing his freshman year anyways why not try to(if gets healthy enough) get him in some games here soon? He could make a huge difference with defense and energy late in games. If he gets healthy enough I would personally try to play him if he indeed cannot have a RS year. So what's the news on him is he progressing with his health?

Edit: Also any news on his eligibility to receive a RS?

Last I heard, he's just barely eligible for a medical RS by playing in less than 30% of the games. He played in 10 games. The regular season has 30 and at least 1 SEC tourney game would keep him under the 30% requirement for a medical RS.

What are you trying to say? Yeah don't blow the redshirt, but you wouldn't give him just as much if not more PT than the other 3 if that wasn't in play? Good try
Alexander has really surged in these last 4 or 5 games. Schofield is a dangerous threat when his shooting is on. I think he'd take more of Evans minutes tho.

Reactions: 2 people
Alexander has really surged in these last 4 or 5 games. Schofield is a dangerous threat when his shooting is on. I think he'd take more of Evans minutes tho.

I agree, but who's to say if Fulk wouldn't have gotten injured, he'd be doing just as well as the other two? I know it's kind of a what if scenario and a two way street, but Fulk was playing some good ball.

Guys first question is Fulky eligible for a RS?
Second question is if he isn't why not try to give him some late season action?

If he's losing his freshman year anyways why not try to(if gets healthy enough) get him in some games here soon? He could make a huge difference with defense and energy late in games. If he gets healthy enough I would personally try to play him if he indeed cannot have a RS year. So what's the news on him is he progressing with his health?

Edit: Also any news on his eligibility to receive a RS?

Medical waivers (often referred to as medical "redshirts") are applied for and are ruled on after the season has concluded.

There are three requirements according to the NCAA's rules. (1) The applicant must not have participated in more than 30% of the games (check). (2) The applicant must not have participated in any game in the second half of the season (check). (3) The applicant must have had a debilitating, season ending injury. Those that argued with me over this third rule claim that it's never considered and that the schools are allowed to declare any injury to be debilitating and season ending. They claim if the player is held out enough to satisfy rules 1 & 2 then the appeal is automatically granted. I'm "complicating" it by questioning why rule #3 even exists if it's never considered.

Good one.

4fa7cf7f0c45b.gif

VN Store

Back